Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

The X Factor 2004-'08 [S1-5] Discussion of previous series (2004-2008) and the contestants. Winners were Steve Brookstein, Shayne Ward, Leona Lewis, Leon Jackson and Alexandra Burke.

Old 28-11-2008, 08:48 AM #1

Default Iceberg Dannii's a creep and bully

Quote:
Iceberg Dannii's a creep and bully
SHARON OSBOURNE today breaks her silence on leaving The X Factor – and claims she was driven out by “manipulative” Dannii Minogue.

The show’s fiery ex-judge says she was bullied off the programme by the Aussie singer — who she insists is now trying to get rid of Louis Walsh in the same way.

In an explosive interview, Sharon also claims Dannii . . .

Is as cold as an iceberg

Acted like the teacher’s pet to boss Simon Cowell — but is furious that Cheryl Cole is now flavour of the month instead

Never thanked Louis for a present he bought as a peace offering

Needs to go to a reconstructive surgeon — because her plastic surgery is so BAD.

Sharon, 56, who is filming a new telly show in LA with husband Ozzy and children Jack and Kelly, quit The X Factor earlier this year and was replaced by Girls Aloud singer Cheryl, 25.

Cold shoulder ... pair on show
She refused to discuss her reasons for going at the time and flew straight to America to avoid doing any interviews about her resignation.

But now she has decided to spill the beans — because she is furious that her pal Louis is being accused of bullying Dannii over a bitter bust-up on last week’s show.

Dannii, 37, was left in floods of tears after Louis accused her of nicking Take That’s song Rule The World for her act Rachel Hylton when he wanted it for his own band, JLS.

Public sympathy for Dannii was high after the spat and Simon waded in and told 56-year-old Louis to kiss and make up with her.

But Sharon reckons it is Dannii who is the bully.

She says: “Louis is genuinely upset because he doesn’t want people to think he is a bully.

“It’s the last thing he is but that’s what people think when Dannii’s sitting like a porcelain doll with big fat tears rolling down her cheeks.

People who don’t know Louis would be watching and thinking, ‘That poor girl!’ But there are two sides to the story. This has been building up for months.

“It’s a very emotional show to work on and everyone wants their act to win. But there is a point where you have to be fair and say, ‘You had that song picked out weeks ago, you have it’.

“Dannii’s got great timing and knows when to pull out the sympathy card. She didn’t cry when JLS came knocking at her door to ask for the song, did she? Her tears were only on live TV.

“Louis has Tourette’s — he has no filter — so he says whatever he thinks. He’s confrontational but he’s not malicious and he’s not a bully.

“I’m not just saying this because I love him. I never answered back to her interviews last year, I took all her s***, I kept my mouth shut. But I have to stand up for Louis.

“He’s in bed with flu this week — this whole situation is making him sick. Believe me, I know, because I’ve been that way.

“I got physically sick with the stress and the pressure. Nothing is worth that. I went through so much hurt and that was the biggest factor in me leaving The X Factor. Dannii was 99.9 per cent of the reason. I couldn’t take that in my life.”

Rumours of a rift began soon after Simon, 49, hired Dannii when he spotted her on the judging panel of Australia’s Got Talent.

Insiders claimed Sharon was put out by Dannii’s arrival and was freezing her out on set. Then Dannii was quoted as saying Sharon didn’t like her because: “I’m younger and prettier”, while Sharon launched an attack on her rival on The Graham Norton Show.

Dannii accused Sharon and Louis of bullying her, but Sharon insists she was the victim, adding: “She’s petite, she’s little, she’s got these big doll’s eyes.

“There’s the perception she’s the sweetest little thing in the world but she’s not. She’s a woman of the world. She’s got balls of steel.

“We didn’t talk that much during the auditions because we have nothing in common, and it was difficult to get to know her because she was always up Simon’s ar*e and trying to be teacher’s pet. She was always at his side, like a little stray dog.

“Her eyes turned brown she had her head so far up his backside.

“There’s a gap after auditions where you don’t see each other. When we came back for the live shows it all kicked off.

“I’d been reading all these things she’d said about me and I asked her, ‘Why are you giving me all this s***? Why are you saying I’m jealous of you because you’re better looking and younger?’

“But instead of having an adult conversation about it she just cried and never said a word. She is not confrontational. I confronted her a few times but she really doesn’t like it and goes into the baby hissy fit thing and sulks instead of saying, ‘OK, if that’s the way you feel, maybe we can fix it’.

“The next week the director wanted me to sort it out so I said to her, ‘What do you want me to do to make this work? I will walk over hot coals, will that make this better?’ She just stared at me like an iceberg, she never said a word.

“Eventually, in December I went to see Simon and the show’s executive producer, Richard Holloway, and said the stress was too much and I couldn’t do it any more.

“Who wants to get up and go to work and have an iceberg sit next to you with vibes that are so unhealthy? Waking up and thinking, ‘What’s she going to say about me in the papers today?’

“Showing her t*ts in some paper, saying I’m bullying her again. It was like Groundhog Day.”

Sharon admits she hoped to be kept on rather than Dannii, but Simon and Richard accepted her resignation. But she insists she is not bitter — though she admits she would consider an offer if she was asked back on the show in Dannii’s place, as has been rumoured.

She says: “I’ve so much going on in the US at the moment. But nobody’s asked me.”

Sharon is also keen to set the record straight about her “jealousy” of Dannii and says: “Why would I compare myself to her?

“There is nothing she has that I would be jealous of. I have a husband, children, my dogs and lots of houses and wonderful holidays.

“When she said she was younger and prettier than me, yes, it was humiliating. But I love my age, I embrace it. It’s never been a big deal for me. If you haven’t lived as somebody who thrives on their looks, it really doesn’t matter.

“It just goes to show what goes through someone’s head to say something like that. Getting older probably would affect her. It’s important to her, but it’s absolutely not important to me. When her looks go, what has she got? She hasn’t got a voice.

“Look up plastic surgery on Google and I probably come up straight away. I’m extremely proud of my plastic surgery.

“I would be willing to give her a number for a reconstructive surgeon if she wants one. She’s a beautiful woman but her surgery isn’t the best I’ve ever seen.”

Warming to her theme, Sharon insists Dannii is the jealous one — jealous of newcomer Cheryl, who has replaced her in Simon’s affections. She says: “As an outsider looking in — and I am an outsider now — it’s the Simon and Cheryl show. When you were teacher’s pet and you come back to class and you’re no longer teacher’s pet, she must be hurting.

“She’s not the pretty one sitting next to Simon any more. She’s sitting next to old Louis!

“But it’s not Louis’s fault that Cheryl’s taken her place and people adore her.

“Louis tried to make it better with Dannii this year. Last year he bought her a Christmas present but an assistant grabbed it from him and closed the door in his face — he didn’t get a thank you, nothing. And it’s the same now.

“She obviously still sees Louis as being my friend and wants to get rid of him too.

“But if she’s really having a hard time now, it’s her own doing. The karma truck has well and truly parked outside her house.”
Source: The Sun
Red Moon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-11-2008, 08:55 AM #2
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

It's always nice to hear from Mrs Osbourne. She's such a classy lady.
GiRTh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bully, creep, Danni Minogue, dannii, iceberg