Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

The X Factor 2004-'08 [S1-5] Discussion of previous series (2004-2008) and the contestants. Winners were Steve Brookstein, Shayne Ward, Leona Lewis, Leon Jackson and Alexandra Burke.

Old 27-11-2008, 10:13 PM #1

Default Why did I do this? X Factor favourite Diana Vickers regrets ever auditioning for the show

Quote:
Why did I do this? X Factor favourite Diana Vickers regrets ever auditioning for the show
To the tens of thousands of failed X Factor contestants Diana Vickers is living the dream.

But today the favourite to win revealed she sometimes regrets ever entering the competition.

'It is hard,' she said. 'Sometimes I do think "I'm 17 and there's so much pressure on me anyway growing up". Now I'm growing up in the public eye and something bad will be said about me and I think "Why did I do this?"

But that will last for literally five minutes and I get over it. Then I'm on stage on the Saturday night and all this amazing stuff happens and everything is worth it.'

Diana also revealed that she is reading cult book The Secret. The tome, which advises readers that they can get their heart’s desire if they think positively, has become a huge hit over the past few years.

She said: 'It says that if you have negative thoughts then you attract negative energy. So instead of thinking I don’t want to go home on Saturday, I think I want to stay. It’s really good – I think it is working for me.'

She was introduced to the book by Laura White, who was recently voted of the competition.

n her time on the show Diana has been praised for her unique voice and ethereal appearance, but one thing that hasn't impressed fans is her left hand.

The singer's 'claw-like' hand movements have sparked war on the Facebook social networking site, with 5,553 joining groups such as I Want To Pull Diana Vicker's Stupid Hand Off And Slap Her With It.

The anti-Diana groups have launched a campaign to try and vote the 17-year-old out of the competition. A typical comment is 'Is her hand stuck there or something? She looks like a puppet gone wrong.'

But not everyone agrees. So far 2,171 people have joined The Diana Vickers Left Hand Fan Club.

'I think the hand thing is one of the many things that make her special! Everyone needs a 'thing' to let them stand out!! And it's a pretty face to accompany the famous hand!' said one member.

Diana has also caused a stir on video sharing website Youtube, with her distinctive singing style leading viewers to try to decode the lyrics of her songs.

Her cover of Blondie's Call Me is misheard as corned beef in one - Diana Vickers With Subtitles.

Meanwhile X Factor judge Dannii Minogue has sensationally admitted she doesn't expect her contract to be renewed at the end of this series.

The Australian judge has been telling friends that she is not making any plans for next year as she doesn't know whether she'll be living in the UK or Australia.

Dannii has been dogged by persistent rumours that she has fallen out of favour with Simon Cowell.

And she was pushed to the brink on Saturday when she broke down in tears on the show after a row with Louis Walsh, who claimed she had stolen a song choice from his band JLS.

A source said: 'Dannii does not know if she'll be back next year, but isn't holding her breath.

'She is not making any commitments in the UK for next year as she says she doesn't know if she'll still be in the country. If she's not working on The X Factor she will move back to Australia.'

This series newcomer Cheryl Cole has been a huge hit with viewers, which is said to have led to a breakdown in the close relationship Dannii used to enjoy with Simon.

A few weeks ago, Dannii accused bosses of putting her personality in a poor light by badly editing footage of her when she fell out with contestant Rachel Hylton.

Then, at the National TV Awards at the beginning of the month, she was noticeably absent from a celebratory dinner with the other X Factor judges.

Louis and Cheryl joined Simon to help celebrate after he won a lifetime achievement award.

Simon's former girlfriend Sinitta has said: 'Dannii's annoyed because last year Simon was all over her and this year he hardly notices she's there.'

Dannii's cause would be helped if she won this year's competition, but with just one contestant left in Ruth Lorenzo, she could be the first to lose all three singers.
Source and Pictures: Daily Mail
Red Moon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-11-2008, 10:56 PM #2

Favourites (more):
CBB2024: Lauren Simon
BB2023: Chanelle

Favourites (more):

She didnt regret entering it at all, she said that she has her regrets about the show.

They forgot to mention that this feeling of regret only lasts five minutes and then Diana is happy as larry, (or did they I didnt read the ****)
Billy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-11-2008, 10:57 PM #3
van der Woodsen

van der Woodsen

Quote:
Originally posted by Billy21
She didnt regret entering it at all, she said that she has her regrets about the show.

They forgot to mention that this feeling of regret only lasts five minutes and then Diana is happy as larry, (or did they I didnt read the ****)
It did.

Quote:
But that will last for literally five minutes and I get over it. Then I'm on stage on the Saturday night and all this amazing stuff happens and everything is worth it.'
Lauren is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-11-2008, 11:00 PM #4

It's the press, they spin everything.

There was a story that made out in the headline that Ruth was mean for not wanting Alex to win. The fact is Ruth wants to win, if she didn't she wouldn't have entered the show.
Red Moon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-11-2008, 11:06 PM #5

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by Lauren
Quote:
Originally posted by Billy21

It did.

Quote:

Owell :P

It's still rubbish, obviously she is going to feel like that when she is getting negative press every minute of the day.
Billy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-11-2008, 09:13 AM #6

Favourites:
BB12: Alex
X Factor 2011: Janet

Favourites:

I don't blame her, she is the only act left getting so much stick, and the only reason for that is because she is fav to win, the people who don't like her are running scared that she could, shock, horror, actually win! all this bad press, the sad patheic hate facebook groups she makes me want her to win even more, and I will vote even more.
XxShortyxX is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-11-2008, 09:26 AM #7
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

She's getting so much stick because she's also getting too much unearned praise.
GiRTh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-11-2008, 09:28 AM #8

Favourites:

Favourites:

Well that's not her fault is it, that's the judges, though about 3 times now Simon has critcersied her.
XxShortyxX is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-11-2008, 09:30 AM #9
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by XxShortyxX
Well that's not her fault is it, that's the judges, though about 3 times now Simon has critcersied her.
2. And one of those was in the form of a thinly veiled compliment.
GiRTh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-11-2008, 10:28 AM #10
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Diana also revealed that she is reading cult book The Secret. The tome, which advises readers that they can get their heart’s desire if they think positively, has become a huge hit over the past few years.

She said: 'It says that if you have negative thoughts then you attract negative energy. So instead of thinking I don’t want to go home on Saturday, I think I want to stay. It’s really good – I think it is working for me.'

She was introduced to the book by Laura White, who was recently voted of the competition.
Oh, the irony. lol
ParentalAdvisory is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
auditioning, diana, favourite, regrets, show, vickers, x factor