Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

International Big Brother Big Brother around the world!

Old 12-05-2002, 11:07 PM #1

Default E4 Coverage

I was wondering who had E4 and what type of coverage they get.

I have E4 on Telewest Analogue (Cable). Last year I had the one camera 'Live' from the house but the coverage finished sometime in the early morning. This still happens as when I checked the Audition Tapes this morning the E4 logo was on the screen. Why can't they show the Big Brother footage until other programmes start, as they're not showing anything else?
just me is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-05-2002, 03:03 PM #2

Favourites (more):
CBB18: Ricky Norwood
Strictly 2016: Greg Rutherford

Favourites (more):
CBB18: Ricky Norwood
Strictly 2016: Greg Rutherford

Ive got E4 on Sky digital

Its the same1

I think its not fair when they cut it off

BigSister is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-06-2002, 11:30 PM #3

The E4 coverage this year is not as good as last year. There are no 2 hour and 4 hour delay screens for people out shopping or at work to be able to catch up on what they have missed. Instead they have two screens that show a short lived highlight of the day.

The sound drop out is worse than ever this year. As a result the E4 coverage is hardly worth bothering with as you have to put up with long breaks in the sound.

This sound cutting is cheapo hacking of the program. What ever happend to the option of "bleeping out offending words or names that would risk a libel action."

bananarama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-06-2002, 11:45 PM #4

At least you have all that. Spare a thought for us poor NTLDigital viewers who only get one live stream, a bit of text and NO fancy replays of any description whatsoever.
LEE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-06-2002, 01:13 AM #5

I agree with you bananarama. Last year it was brilliant with the 2hr and 4 hr delays on E4 as you said. I particularly loved the fact that I could watch the dinner date night with Brian and Josh on both replays, so that I missed very little of went on between them whilst the BB coverage on E4 stopped for other programmes for a couple of hours every night. I do find that continuous coverage during the evening this year is much better though, so even though it is a annoying when obviously you are unable to watch everything and have to miss out altogether....when you can watch, apart from the nusiance adverts. I do prefer this years feed.
I do feel sorry for you Lee....it must be very frustrating for you to say the least. I do find the main stream 'Stream A 'mainly covers the richside, so I am grateful to have the 'B Stream' because it does tend to cover mainly the poorside which I prefer to watch and sometimes find more fun. This is only 'my' opinion though, before I get pounced on...I am not saying it is better... I am just saying that for my own personal enjoyment I am glad I can watch the poorside group on 'Stream B' because they appeal to me more that's all.

Just at this very moment when I thought all was quite and the housemates had gone to sleep...'B Stream' ONLY is showing Kate, Spencer, Jonny and Sophie all up again and planning to get some food from the richside anyway they can because they are so hungry.... with the full knowledge that they will be given a strike. If I had only got the main 'Stream A' I would not have seen any of this.... it is very amusing indeed. 'A' Stream is showing the rest of the richside housemates asleep in bed...I cannot understand why?

update: After much discussion Spencer, Kate and Jonny decided to go the Diary Room and ask Big Bro' if they could have their allocated flour that was going to be given to them tomorrow...tonight....Big Bro' has relented and they can now make some bread. Jade is up now too...she cannot sleep because the lack of air conditioning is making her too hot and uncomfortable....she has decided to sleep in the living area and has sprawled herself across one of the sofas with the England flag draped over her for a cover.
At last! Someone has finally woken up and put the activities on the main 'Stream A' hurrah!!

3.30am: Jonny has made some chips now...yummy... and together with the bread, some boiled and fried eggs and a nice cuppa everyone including PJ who has just woken up to the delicious smells that he must have thought he was dreaming about...is about to sit down for a proper feast that should definitely do the trick and take away their hunger blues...at least for now anyway!!

Honey is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-06-2002, 04:43 PM #6

I am on Eurobell and they only showed two hours in the afternoon and the evening showing up until about four in the morning, that is until the last two days. From this time on they have been showing all (except for a few hours in the evening ) the program. No cut off at four o'clock ( in the afternoon ). Why couldn't they have done this last year when it was soooo interesting.
I missed so much last year but thanks to Discolady and a couple of other people I managed to see most of it.
Musn't complain I suppose, but I would love to have seen more of Paul and Helen last year. HAPPY DAYS!!!!!!
jbellemeg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-06-2002, 07:57 PM #7

Is it just my TV, or has BB interactive disappeared from Sky???

Maybe it's all part of the 'Save Alex' conspiracy - thou shalt not see the holy one being boring???

Anyone else got interactive, and is it working? Mine ain't been all day, and I didnt want to watch E4 - they only show the rich side (namely Alex and Jade, the two I hate most)
Glitter_babe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-06-2002, 08:25 PM #8
Administrator

Administrator

Sorry to hear you're having problems Glitterbabe - my Sky interactive is working fine.

Have you tried switching your Sky digibox off at the wall, counting to thirty then switching it back on again? I've found a couple of times that I've lost the red button for interactive services from the screen but if I do this it comes back again.

It's worth a try - good luck!
Kaz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-06-2002, 08:59 AM #9

Quote:
Have you tried switching your Sky digibox off at the wall, counting to thirty then switching it back on again? I've found a couple of times that I've lost the red button for interactive services from the screen but if I do this it comes back again.
Can you promise me this won't damage the sky thing or anything - my family would kill me!! ;o)

I'll try that, thanks Kaz - I thought it must be everybody's, but I guess I was wrong. If I'd known that last night, I could have watched the more interesting parts, and not Alex and Adele bitching.
Glitter_babe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-07-2002, 07:25 PM #10

Any one having problems with E4 at the mo I seem to have hollyoaks on my interactive part any one
Amy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-07-2002, 07:34 PM #11

It's fine now every one HURRAH
Amy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
coverage, e4