Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Strictly Come Dancing Discuss the BBC's dancing show here.

Old 07-12-2008, 08:29 PM #1
Piertotum Locomotor

Favourites:
BB14 USA: Britney

Piertotum Locomotor

Favourites:
BB14 USA: Britney

Default Hip-swinging England Rugby ace Austin Healey tries his best... but gets booted of Strictly

Quote:
Hip-swinging England Ruby ace Austin Healey tries his best... but gets booted off Strictly

Even a hip-swinging salsa could not save England rugby ace Austin Healey from becoming the 13th celebrity to leave Strictly Come Dancing tonight.
He and his partner Erin Boag slid down the score table after their performance of the Latin favourite and the American Smooth.
After a dance-off against Lisa Snowdon and Brendan Cole, the judges wielded their axe and sent Healey off the show.

Arlene Phillips offered Healey some pointers after his American Smooth.
'I'm just going to give a tiny bit of advice, yes your hands and arms have improved.

'You mustn't let Erin out dance you, you've got to come out and dance like a star - you played rugby for England, now I want you to come out and dance for England.'

Craig Revel Horwood said: 'It was good, but what I'm saying is I was slightly bored during the first part.

'I'm used to your pizzazz and I felt like you didn't invest in the Hollywood pizzazz.'
The judges gave them a total of 34 out of 40 for their first performance.

For the salsa they earned 36 out of 40 giving them a grand total of 70 out of 80.
Phillips urged Healey to give it his all after the salsa.
'When you're dancing with Erin your performance is electric, it's masterful and I love a man to be masterful, but sometimes when you're left on your own there's just that little bit of timidity.

'I'm saying this because I want to see you in the final. Austin, be fearless you have it all, just be fearless all the time.'
But head judge Len Goodman was more positive. He said: 'Typical sportsman attitude - you get knocked in your first dance and come back stronger, more vibrant. I absolutely loved it. I thought it was great, well done.'
And Bruno Tonioli was enthusiastic: 'I tell you this performance will get you the pink pound.

'You really pushed the entertainment value, you sold it, you were incredibly exciting, but you lost a bit of timing in the middle. I loved the under arm passes, and the drops were excellent.'
After being eliminated from the show Healey said: 'I'd like to say three thank yous, firstly to everyone at Strictly for giving me the chance to be in something so amazing.
'Secondly, to Erin, she's been such amazing partner, and thirdly and most importantly, to my wife. She has brought up four daughters while I've been away.

'I have four beautiful daughters and the best woman in the world in my wife.'
And Boag added: 'I would just like to say that I've had the time of my life and it's all down to having such a great person to dance with, so thank you Austin.'
The Sunday results saw a live performance from Barry Manilow.
Daily Mail
Callum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
ace, austin, booted, england, healey, hipswinging, rugby, strictly