Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Strictly Come Dancing Discuss the BBC's dancing show here.

Old 15-12-2008, 10:03 PM #1

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB22: Nick Leeson

Favourites (more):

Default Agree with decision but not with votes rolling over...

Okayy, I am a Tom and Camilla fan and I agree with the decsion made from the BBC, as Tom was wionning the public vote most weeks, and because he was bottom on Saturday there was NO WAY he could of been saved from the danceoff, which is fair on him because if the vote went as normal then that would mean the public would of had NO say on Tom's leaving as they cant vote for him as the bote is useless, so Im happy with that... BUT

I understand that the BBC is trying to make viewers happy with having the voets rolled over, but 2 things could happen in a result of this:

1. Because of Saturday, the public probably wouldnt of votes AT ALL for Tom because they knew there vote was wasted, and having the rolled over votes, it would be a HUGE disadvantasge for Tom because before the finale even starts, he would have the least amount by a far margin and thats not his fault, its because people would of felt there was no pint saving him if they were going to lose tehir money.

2. Tom and Camilla could of recieved the most votes on Saturday to try and prevent them being in then bottom 2(which was impossible, the public who probably voted for them werent thinking straight as it would of been useless)

Soo to make everything fairer, for the finale, I think that they should start with a new public vote (jusg like they do in X Factor in the last few weeks) and no danceoff. Also, the judges should not have ANY imput on the finale really as it should be all up to the viewers. Th evotes hsouldnt be rolled over because what if.... you change your fave and want to vote someone else as its a different week. Imo it should be a new day, new vote.
*mazedsalv** is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-12-2008, 08:59 AM #2
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Jess Impiazzi
Strictly 2017: Davood Ghadami

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

On the strictly forums they're saying whoever wins this series will have a cloud over their heads. Tom because of the voting fiasco this week, Rachel and Lisa because they've been in the dance off so many times.
GiRTh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-12-2008, 09:16 AM #3

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: John & Edward

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: John & Edward

I think the problem should have been recognised before the first show went off air and then to scrap the voting
It will be a lot fairer if there is a new vote and last weeks aren't rolled over
Spike is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-12-2008, 11:36 AM #4

Yes I agree the votes shouldn't roll over.......but the BEEB would then be faced with refunding millions of voters (2 million I heard).
The problems they have got themselves into are explained by mazedsalv above.
Furthermore, I gather they are rolling over the JUDGES SCORES. IF Tom had only one point from them, and ,say, one point from the public, how the hell could he NOT finish bottom on Saturday?? THE COMBINED SCORES COULD BE 6-5-2!! He would be too far adrift AGAIN FOR THE PUBLIC TO SAVE HIM. I don't think there is a dance-off either this week.
THE JUDGES HAVE CREATED THIS PROBLEM BY OVERMARKING THEIR PET, RACHEL, AND ALSO LISA, TO TRY AND MAKE SURE TOM FINISHED IN THE DANCE-OFF. THEN THEY COULD HAVE GOT RID OF HIM.
robb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-12-2008, 11:37 AM #5

yer bit stupid
LargeAndInCharge is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-12-2008, 11:47 AM #6

In future the votes should come solely from the public, as in XF. The judges can still give scores as a guide(and 10's to their favourites), but the public decide who is in the bottom 2.
The judges can then save one of them in the dance off. MUCH SIMPLER, NO CONFUSION, NO PRESS-GANGING OF PEOPLE LIKE JOHN SERGEANT TO LEAVE EITHER.
robb is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-12-2008, 11:57 AM #7
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

The judges cause most of the problems on the show. They over praise their favourites and maul their least favourite. The judges were probably one of the reasons why John Sergeant stayed so long but, they dont seem to see it like that and they still act like they trying to 'guide' the public. I dont see how the public are being guided by their frankly mean comments towards some of the contestants. The judges shouldn't take themselves - and the show - so seriously.

Lisa is lucky to be there. In each of her dance off's she's had a dance that suited her better than it suited her opponent. Rachel is soooooo boring. I cant remember her ever saying anything interesting throughout the run of the show. I hope Tom wins. He deserves it, the judges have undermarked him throughout the show and I want Camilla to finally win the title.
Old 16-12-2008, 12:45 PM #8

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

The thing is.... the final, I have a feeling Tom will have the least votes and come 3rd because of how far behind he was last week... there should be a new slate on the votes and it should be decided upon the public 100% with no danceoff, thats the only way to ensure it is fair
*mazedsalv** is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-12-2008, 12:54 PM #9
Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Iconic Symbolic Historic

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by *mazedsalv**
The thing is.... the final, I have a feeling Tom will have the least votes and come 3rd because of how far behind he was last week... there should be a new slate on the votes and it should be decided upon the public 100% with no danceoff, thats the only way to ensure it is fair
On the it takes two website BBc head of entertainment John Beezley explains the format of the final. Apparently there is not going to be any kind of dance off in the final.

Here the to LINK to last nights show

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
agree, decision, rolling, votes