Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB 1 - 5 Celebrity Big Brother series 1 to 5 from 2001-2008.

Old 26-12-2008, 12:06 PM #1

Default When do C4 release the press pack?

I would have thought that they would around the 28/29th because there is only 7 days left until the launch. When would you say they'll release it?
BBkid is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-12-2008, 12:13 PM #2

Favourites (more):
BBUSA16: Zach
BBCanada 2: Neda

Favourites (more):
BBUSA16: Zach
BBCanada 2: Neda

Catch up - it was released a couple of weeks ago, though without an interview with Davina and (as usual), without any house pics. If they do release house pics before the date itself, I'd imagine those would be released early next week.
Brekkie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-12-2008, 12:23 PM #3

Favourites (more):
X Factor 2013: Tamera Foster
I'maCeleb2013: Matthew Wright

Favourites (more):

Highlights:
  • Davina: "It's good to be back. Can't wait ...it's going to be amazing!"
  • Commissioning editor Angela Jain: "Celebrity Big Brother should be a welcome bit of light relief in January, particularly in these credit crunch times. As always, we hope to broadcast an entertaining and talked-about series."
  • Executive producer Sharon Powers: "Everyone is asking me, 'Just who have you got in the house for 2009?'. Given I'm excited about the line-up; it's a hard one to keep secret. But it's worth it when on launch night each car pulls up and the door is opened to reveal a celebrity, all live. The crowd's reaction is incredible and we hope the new housemates will be as fascinating to the fans as they live under Big Brother's ever watchful eye for the next three weeks."
  • Michael Barrymore replaces Zezi in the roving reporter role
  • Three weeks long
  • All the usual programs - highlights, live evictions, BBLB (with George), BBBM (with Jack Whitehall), Diary Room Uncut, live streaming - no mention of Big Ears though
  • "Expect some surprise evictions over the run."
  • Audition venues and dates confirmed

Also, press interviews:

George Lamb (BBLB)

Quote:
Are you ready to get back into it after the summer?
Absolutely raring to go! I’ve really missed it. I love going live every day, it’s an incredible buzz. I felt like we’d just got the show firing on all cylinders and then we had to stop. It’s going to be great fun seeing everybody again, finding out who’s going into the house and picking up where we left off.

What will we get from CBBLB this time round – any new segments?
Fingers crossed we’re going to have a very entertaining roving reporter on the show, we’re still waiting for it to be confirmed, but you’ll love them (Michael Barrymore has been confirmed subsequent to this interview). We’re also fortunate enough to be doing several one hour shows each week so there will be plenty of room for news features and more silliness!

What makes CBB compelling viewing for you?
I guess it just breaks down some of the barriers and the mystique of celebrity and allows us to see behind all the nonsense.

Do you have any favourite moments from last summer?
Mikey eating a chilli, the electric shock task (where all the housemates had shocks attached to their behinds) and Lisa... she was amazing TV!

Who would be your dream celebrities to go in this year?
Jeremy Kyle.

Do you think well-known faces will be a little more reserved or more extroverted?
That’s the beauty of CBB – you never have any idea of how it’s going to go or how they will behave.

Jack Whitehall will be presenting Big Mouth this year, have you got any advice to give him?
Keep doing what you’re doing! He’s fantastic. He’s going to be a big star.

Jack Whitehall (BBBM)

Quote:
Well done on getting the Big Mouth gig. What made you want to come back to front the three week run?
Thank you. I really enjoyed last time. I was quite nervous at the start of it all but then when I got in there it was really great fun, meeting all the guests. I got to meet Paul Danan and I thought you know if this is what Big Mouth can offer me then I should go back.

Right, so tell us a little bit more about Big Mouth. What can we expect?
I don’t really know. I know that I will have to do what I’m told and I’ll do it well. What do I know? It’s from the 2nd January! It’ll be quite intense. There are more shows per week than the normal Big Mouth.

Which celebrities would you want to go in the house?
Katona would be good. Clarkson, I’d like to see him in there. I’m not a big fan of Clarkson but I’d like to see him in there as he’s such an arse. Maybe Ramsay.

You’ve just being doing some work with James Corden and Matt Horne. Did they offer you any advice?
The former hosts! James told me to get good trainers because he is really into his trainers. So I got these (sticks leg in the air) which are quite nice, James would be proud. As James Corden says, ‘I’ve got 99 problems but my kicks aint one’. So watch out for the trainers in the new series. I might do a bare foot one, I don’t know though with health and safety regulations.

Back to CBB, do you know any secrets?
I know nothing. Let’s make something up. They had a prison last year and this year they’re taking it further. They’re going to have a torture chamber where the celebrities get tortured; they’ll get put on a rack and play lots of James Blunt and The Kooks. Really dark stuff.

So what are you’re chat up lines?
Just the standard really that any guy would use. ‘Hello’, ‘how are you?’, ‘do you come here often?’, ‘do you watch Channel 4’. I’m quite bashful but it’s good to be confident. I live up north as well so some girls can be quite tough with you.

So no girlfriend then?
No (fake sobs). If there was the right person out there, maybe someone that comes out the house.

BB has been around for nine years which is technically nearly half of your lifetime. Did you ever expect to be one of the presenters?
No not really, I didn’t watch the first series. I watched the second one with Brian, Helen and Paul. So I’ve watched them all and really liked them. Russell Brand started doing Big Mouth. I never knew this would ever be able to happen. I loved Dermot. I want to be like Dermot. I want Dermot to tell me who’s been evicted from the Big Brother house or who is out of the X Factor.

So are you prepared for the show, how will you warm up?
To psyche myself up? I’ll be very cool, get in the mind set, think about what I’m going to say, put my trainers on. Actually, I’ll be watching the trailer of Con Air on You Tube. Whenever I watch that I get really excited. If you watch the trailer for Con Air there’ll be a lot of adrenaline and it gets you in the mood. That’s my advice; watch the Con Air trailer before you do anything.
Matt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-12-2008, 12:24 PM #4

Sorry, I meant when are the house pics released?
Old 26-12-2008, 12:26 PM #5

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by BBkid
Sorry, I meant when are the house pics released?
No-one knows exactly. Obviously now it won't be until next week.
Matt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-12-2008, 12:30 PM #6

No-one knows exactly. Obviously now it won't be until next week. [/quote]

Okay, thanks.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
c4, pack, press, release