Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB10 Big Brother 10 from 2009 was won by Sophie Reade.

Old 24-01-2009, 03:42 PM #1

Favourites (more):
BBUSA16: Zach
BBCanada 2: Neda

Favourites (more):

Default Should BB10 be put on hold?

There is pretty much universal agreement big changes are required for BB10, so should the series be put on hold to give the producers time to figure out what those changes will be, or indeed give them time to find a new producer who'll come in and sort out the mess.

And then if required give them more time to get everything they need in place, even if that means completely rebuilding the house or starting the casting process again.
Brekkie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-01-2009, 03:45 PM #2

may is just right leave it there , there is plenty of time to get the right housemates or prepicked ones!
davina1973 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-01-2009, 03:49 PM #3
Locke.

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
CBB20: Paul Danan

Locke.

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Noky
CBB20: Paul Danan

They've got enough time to set everything up, design and create a new house and chose the right housemates.

May/June is good enough.
Locke. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-01-2009, 03:50 PM #4

May 2010 would be good but it won't happen seeing as the HM selection process is well underway anyway. Start it late May or early June though and make sure there are a lot of changes between now and then. This means a number of format changes and a change of the behind the scenes team who run what happens in the house.
Brad* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-01-2009, 03:50 PM #5

Favourites (more):
BB12: Anton
CBB7: Stephanie

Favourites (more):

They managed it in 2004 and they managed to resolve quite a lot for BB9, and the ratings were very steady that series. CBB attracts a different audience to normal BB so those 5m who watched BB9 (I know the average was 3.6m but not everyone watches every day!) will probably return in the summer anyway. If they can make changes and sort out the ad campaign as well as eviction scheduling then they should be fine.

People don't ditch the series after one bad series. A lot of viewers keep going back to each launch show to see whos going in next, any twists etc.
Tom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-01-2009, 03:51 PM #6

This is silly they have loads of UK people
going through the Endemol Machine
it is on - and can not be stopped.
To many jobs at state etc.
arista is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-01-2009, 03:54 PM #7

the bb10 team will know what type of show they want this year and will know already who they want or they are waiting for the right people to turn up to the auditions
Old 24-01-2009, 03:59 PM #8
Nah

Nah

If the show takes a break then it will be the end. The ratings keep dropping from a year to another so can you imagine a break ? It will be a disaster, no one would ever care.
Captain.Remy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-01-2009, 04:01 PM #9

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom
They managed it in 2004 and they managed to resolve quite a lot for BB9, and the ratings were very steady that series.
They had from September after BB4 - now they've got just four months, that's half the time.

To answer my own question I say push it back until later in the summer, starting around mid-July and running to early October. That gives them a few extra weeks because after the ratings for CBB, any plans they had made for BB10 prior to the series should have been filed in the bin by now.
Old 24-01-2009, 04:05 PM #10
BURLESQUE

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: Olly Murs

BURLESQUE

Favourites:

I don;t think it matters how long they have, they're too stubborn to change it.
MrGaryy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-01-2009, 04:11 PM #11

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by Captain.Remy
If the show takes a break then it will be the end. The ratings keep dropping from a year to another so can you imagine a break ? It will be a disaster, no one would ever care.
Look at Shipwrecked though - that was off screens about five years and came back with a complete new format and is going stronger now than the original series.

I agree though if they just took a break for a year it probably wouldn't do any good - so this series would either need to be delayed a few months or a few years.
Old 24-01-2009, 04:13 PM #12
BURLESQUE

Favourites:

BURLESQUE

Favourites:

But Shipwrecked doesn;t have as much of a cult following. It gets a lot of casual viewers.
Old 24-01-2009, 04:13 PM #13

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by Brekkie
Quote:
Originally posted by Tom
They managed it in 2004 and they managed to resolve quite a lot for BB9, and the ratings were very steady that series.
They had from September after BB4 - now they've got just four months, that's half the time.

To answer my own question I say push it back until later in the summer, starting around mid-July and running to early October. That gives them a few extra weeks because after the ratings for CBB, any plans they had made for BB10 prior to the series should have been filed in the bin by now.
But there was Teen Big Brother as well- and remember the production team for the summer series will probably be slightly different anyway, and often they begin planning the next main series after the prior main series ends. Celeb BB's have just been a rehash of the previous summer which don't usually require much.

With all the ideas floating around on forums which people think of in 10 minutes I really don't think it would take them 4 months to tweak a format.
Old 24-01-2009, 04:15 PM #14
Nah

Nah

Quote:
Message original : Brekkie
Quote:
Originally posted by Captain.Remy
Look at Shipwrecked though - that was off screens about five years and came back with a complete new format and is going stronger now than the original series.

I agree though if they just took a break for a year it probably wouldn't do any good - so this series would either need to be delayed a few months or a few years.
It also happened in France, our version was off the screens from 2002 to 2007 and it gets better ratings but it's not the same case.
The UK ratings keep on dropping and the changes have to be done now, not in 5 years.
Captain.Remy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-01-2009, 04:21 PM #15
BURLESQUE

Favourites:

BURLESQUE

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Quote:
Originally posted by Brekkie
Quote:
Originally posted by Tom

But there was Teen Big Brother as well- and remember the production team for the summer series will probably be slightly different anyway, and often they begin planning the next main series after the prior main series ends. Celeb BB's have just been a rehash of the previous summer which don't usually require much.

With all the ideas floating around on forums which people think of in 10 minutes I really don't think it would take them 4 months to tweak a format.
TBB was recorded prior to BB4 but was shown afterwards.
Old 24-01-2009, 04:24 PM #16

The house will of already been designed I bet, they will be ordering materials already and soon as CBB is fully finished they will go straight into constructing. The whole house needs HUGE changes, we need more secret areas and some fresh ideas.

I hope the team have been brainstorming a lot because this is their last season if its crappy!
Fom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-01-2009, 04:30 PM #17

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by Fom
The house will of already been designed I bet, they will be ordering materials already and soon as CBB is fully finished they will go straight into constructing. The whole house needs HUGE changes, we need more secret areas and some fresh ideas.

I hope the team have been brainstorming a lot because this is their last season if its crappy!
They start ripping the house out in February to start building the new one and I remember on the C4 forums last year there was one of the producers who said they were just finalising the BB9 house plans even before the BBCH final! So its quite obvious that heaven and hell was always planned.

They should keep the house at Elstree but the main shell needs restructuring. I know the back part where the garden and new bedroom space was has only just been built so if they have to they could keep that up, although I think it would be best to bulldoze the lot and start from scratch. The front is falling apart (looks a lot worse in person) especially with the different doors they've had over the years (you can see where they have been) and bad paint work. Also they need more room, so perhaps they should build it straight rather than sloping then they can have a real upstairs instead of an awkward looking room that got used once or twice. I also think the tent should be up throughout the whole series which gives more places for Davina to present from rather than the repetitive presenting on the podium or on the stairs, like in BB5.
Old 24-01-2009, 07:26 PM #18

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

It wouldn't surprise me if last year's extensions went. After all back in BB5 they built the outdoor bedroom/bathroom, only to tear it down for BB6.

I agree with Tom (god, what am I saying! ) that the front of the house is a mess and it needs to be made to look like a new house. Personally I'd add a new Task Arena at the front of the house so bigger challenges can be set up, so that would instantly change the front perspective of the house anyway.

And although I'd like to knock it down and start again (well, I'd like them to move really, but I've given up any hope of that happening), they could get two floors in the existing shell anyway. It wouldn't be for the full width of the house, but there is enough room along the back of the house to fit in two floors, even if it's just an entrance balcony leading to just the diary room or something, or perhaps one bedroom.

Even if they stick to one floor they can raise the ceilings again to give it a bit of height - and the house could be designed to be alot more open plan and look alot more spacious. They have actually got the room - they just need to plan the layout better.
Old 24-01-2009, 07:39 PM #19

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

^ First time for everything eh
Old 25-01-2009, 10:10 AM #20

Big Brother 2009 will be the tenth series of the British reality television series Big Brother which is scheduled to begin on 5 June 2009. It will be the third summer series in a £180m contract with Endemol which will take Big Brother up to 2010 (Big Brother 11) and has been confirmed since 2006.[1] Open auditions for the show began in January 2009 with internet auditioning already underway

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
bb10, hold, put