Notices

BB10 Big Brother 10 from 2009 was won by Sophie Reade.

Old 25-01-2009, 12:48 AM #1

Default Is this the kick up the backside the producers need?

Seeing as Big Brother pulled in its worst ratings ever, do you think it will finally dawn on them that a major format change is needed? Or do you think that they'll not bother...again?
Marsh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-01-2009, 06:25 AM #2

We can hope so... we just need something big. Something along the lines of the golden ticket promotion in BB7
Fom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-01-2009, 09:55 AM #3

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB22: Nick Leeson

Favourites (more):

I still dont think they will understand lol
*mazedsalv** is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-01-2009, 01:07 PM #4

Favourites (more):
BBUSA16: Zach
BBCanada 2: Neda

Favourites (more):

I fear you might be right. All I've heard so far is how happy they are we had a surprise result for a change, not how embarrassed they are by the ratings and how they're all getting sacked.
Brekkie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-01-2009, 01:21 PM #5

Favourites (more):
BB12: Anton
CBB7: Stephanie

Favourites (more):

They should tweak the format to allow game play then do Brazil's glass house thing, that would get the public involved again if it was in a shopping centre. Maybe launch some kind of competition or search before launch where you "could win a chance to become a housemate"- basically you go into the glass house with other people who could, then whoever wins enters.

The producers aren't actually that bad, I mean BB9 was very good imo, just this CBB has been awful.
Tom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-01-2009, 01:22 PM #6

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: John & Edward

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: John & Edward

I get the impression that C4 and Endemol think everything is still brilliant about the show and change isn't needed
Hopefully they now realise they are wrong
Spike is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-01-2009, 01:25 PM #7

Favourites (more):
X Factor 2013: Tamera Foster
I'maCeleb2013: Matthew Wright

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom

The producers aren't actually that bad, I mean BB9 was very good imo, just this CBB has been awful.
It's time for them to consider changing the team though. Sharon Powers has now been the executive producer of four series (BB6, CBB4, BB9, CBB6) and (if I remember correctly) the creative director of two (BB7, CBB5) - and if CBB6 is anything to go by, then she's ran out of steam.

They definitely need new task producers.
Matt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-01-2009, 01:31 PM #8

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by Matt
Quote:
Originally posted by Tom

It's time for them to consider changing the team though. Sharon Powers has now been the executive producer of four series (BB6, CBB4, BB9, CBB6) and (if I remember correctly) the creative director of two (BB7, CBB5) - and if CBB6 is anything to go by, then she's ran out of steam.

They definitely need new task producers.
She was also involved in CBB3 and BB5. The majority of her series' have been excellent imo and she managed to salvage Big Brother last year and keep any viewers they had left at a very steady level. Its very likely that most will return in the summer, so if they can get changes and a good ad campaign then its a bonus.

People aren't turned away by one short series and its worth noting the tasks have to take on a different format in the celebrity series' than in the main one for obvious reasons.
Old 25-01-2009, 01:50 PM #9

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom

She was also involved in CBB3 and BB5. The majority of her series' have been excellent imo and she managed to salvage Big Brother last year and keep any viewers they had left at a very steady level. Its very likely that most will return in the summer, so if they can get changes and a good ad campaign then its a bonus.

People aren't turned away by one short series and its worth noting the tasks have to take on a different format in the celebrity series' than in the main one for obvious reasons.
Ooh, what was she for CBB3 and BB5? I know that Shirley Jones was the executive producer for them.

I agree that some of her series were excellent, particularly BB6 and CBB4, and she did do a decent job for BB9, but efforts for CBB6 were very lacklustre. Most people won't be turned away by one short series, but it's clear that a lot of people didn't like CBB6. If a new team means a total revamp for the show, I'd like to see it change.

I'm not just complaining at the Celebrity Big Brother tasks - I'm referring to BB9 too.
Matt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-01-2009, 01:55 PM #10

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Sharron Powers wasn't involved before BB6 as she came from C4, not from within Endemol.

On the whole she's been good for the show, but it's just now time to pass it on to someone else. Big Brother traditionally has a new EP every year though - Sharron was only bought back last year because of the disaster of BB8, and though she restored alot of faith amongst the fans with BB9 (though lost it again with CBB6), she didn't bring back the viewers.
Old 25-01-2009, 01:59 PM #11

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by Brekkie
Sharron Powers wasn't involved before BB6 as she came from C4, not from within Endemol.

On the whole she's been good for the show, but it's just now time to pass it on to someone else. Big Brother traditionally has a new EP every year though - Sharron was only bought back last year because of the disaster of BB8, and though she restored alot of faith amongst the fans with BB9 (though lost it again with CBB6), she didn't bring back the viewers.
Not really- BB and CBB have two slightly different audiences and most viewers from the previous series will return for the next one anyway. As BB9 was very well recieved I'd be more surprised if BB10 loses more than 0.3m viewers on BB9. Most fans won't give up on BB just because of one rubbish series.
Old 25-01-2009, 03:22 PM #12

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

History doesn't really agree with you there though.

CBB1 - rated well. BB2 performed well

CBB2 - didn't rate so well, certainly critically. BB4 didn't rate so well (though in hinsight ratings were fine, it's just BB3's were massive in comparison)

CBB3 - didn't set ratings alight. BB6 lost viewers on Bb5.

CBB4 - rated brilliantly. BB7 gained viewers.

CBB5 - well, we all know what happened but outside the race row it didn't rate too well. BB8 lost viewers.

CBB6 - rated appallingly. No indication at all people will come back for BB10!
Old 25-01-2009, 03:31 PM #13

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Imo, i think that the first sign of the shows dicline was Nikki's return as it was the first thing BB did that fans were outraged with. CBB5 started with strong figures in the first few days, then dropped as soon as the Goodies came in (the first MAJOR mistake)... and then thats how it went down. Then there was the female start in BB8 which was another mistake.

So imo, i think it was Nikki's return rather than the Race Row that actually started this.
*mazedsalv** is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-01-2009, 04:14 PM #14

CHANNEL 4 chiefs will hold crunch talks over the future of Celebrity Big Brother after TWO MILLION fewer people watched the final.
Around 3.5million saw Ulrika Jonsson crowned this year’s surprise winner.

More than five million watched the past five finals, with Chantelle Houghton’s victory in 2006 seen by 6.8million.

The show is more expensive to make than regular BB, with bosses forking out thousands on celebrities’ fees.

They spent nearly a million this year. TV star Ulrika, 41, pulled in a massive £175,000 for the three-week show.

An insider said: “This series has basically been a flop and bosses are pretty unhappy as it costs so much to make.

“They expected ratings to be down a bit as the format is getting tired but losing two million was unthinkable.

“There are also problems with the audience. Most people who watch it are old and not attractive to advertisers.

“C4 and producers will now meet to find out what went wrong and there are concerns that CBB may bite the dust.”

Ratings were some of the lowest ever not just for CBB, but all versions of the show.

At one point last week it slumped to 1.2million viewers — beaten by BBC2’s Victorian Farm with a million more.

CBB was “rested” last year when C4 got cold feet after the Shilpa Shetty bullying scandal in 2007.
davina1973 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
backside, kick, producers