Notices

BB3 Chat about Kate, Alex, Jade Goody and anything to do with Big Brother 3!

Old 09-02-2009, 09:36 AM #1

Default \'I\'ll keep filming reality show\' vows Jade Goody as she recovers from emergency surgery

Quote:
'I'll keep filming reality show' vows Jade Goody as she recovers from emergency surgery
Jade Goody is determined to carry on filming her reality show as her battle against cancer takes a turn for the worst.

The reality TV star, 27, was devastated last Thursday when she found out her Cervical cancer had spread bowel, groin and liver.

Despite her despair, Jade has vowed to continue her show for LivingTV, because she needs the money to support her young sons.

Jade is currently at London's Marsden Hospital recovering from an emergency operation on Friday to remove a golf-ball sized tumour from her bowel.

Despite the recent turn of events in her health battle, Jade told Living producers to continue with the show, in the hope it will educate people about cancer and the importance of finding it early.

LivingTV chief Claudia Rosencrantz said: 'I’ve cried so much for Jade and have been very emotional for her. But she needs this money so much for her two sons.

'She also she needs the opportunity to show the world how to avoid cancer. That’s also important to her.'

Jade's publicist Max Clifford said: 'She wants to be busy, so there’s something to keep her occupied in-between the trauma and the pain.

'She also wants to warn other people. In terms of Living TV, it’s very much, "Do you want us to stop, Jade? Do you want us to leave you?."

'Jade’s attitude is, "When I’m up to it, you do the filming, that’s what I want to do."'

Her mother Jackiey Budden admitted Jade has been too ill to see her sons Bobby, five, and Freddie, four, for the last two weeks.

The young boys have been staying with their father, TV presenter Jeff Brazier.

Since being told her cancer is incurable last Thursday, Jade is still too upset to see her sons.

The mother-of-two is desperate to keep a brave face on with her two children, believing they are too young to understand what is happening to their mother.

Jackiey told the Sunday Mirror: 'Freddie’s too young to know what’s going on, and we are determined to try and keep it like that.

'But Bobby’s got an idea things aren’t good. He asked me if mummy will come to his school play on Thursday.

'I looked at his little face and said: "She is still quite poorly, darling. I don’t know if she will be at the play, but your Nan and Daddy (Jeff Brazier) will be there." He just looked at me and nodded.'

Jackiey revealed Jade hates the thought of her sons seeing her in agony in a hospital bed and wants to be reunited with them in her own home in Essex.

Jackiey admitted she has been regularly breaking down in tears following Jade's grim prognosis last week, and the whole family is 'praying for a miracle' to save her.

She added: 'I can’t make the illness go away. She’s my baby - but I just can’t make her better.

'No mum wants to bury her daughter and I’m determined it’s not going to happen. Jade and I are praying for a miracle.'

The former Big Brother contestant has started taking new cancer drug Topotecan, which works by blocking an enzyme that can strengthen cancer cells.

Speaking to The People, Jade admitted her huge relief following her successful operation to remove a tumour from her bowel.

She said: 'The hard truth is I'd be dead if they hadn't cleared the blockage in my bowel. The tumour made me constipated and caused my body to start bloating.

'My biggest fear was that I would have to have a colostomy bag.

'I've dealt with losing my hair - but a poo bag, that really would have been the final indignity for a woman. But, like everything else, I'd have coped because I have to.

'Where there's life there's hope. That is what I am clinging on to.'

Jade was diagnosed with stage 4 cervical cancer last August while appearing on the Indian Big Brother and underwent emergency surgery to remove a large tumour, her womb and her ovaries.

Since then, she has had several bouts of chemotherapy, causing all her hair to fall out.

Only 15 per cent to 30 per cent of women with stage 4 cervical cancer will live longer than five years.

Doctors had told her she had a 40 per cent of survival but have now scrapped this estimate since discovering the cancer has spread.
Source and Pictures: Daily Mail
Red Moon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:13 PM #2
OPTIONAL UKNOWN.

OPTIONAL UKNOWN.

DOSE ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN CATCH UP ON JADE GOODYS SHOWS, AS I HAVE MISSED AFEW? THANKS
WoopieGeorge is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
'i'll, emergency, filming, goody, jade, reality, recovers, show', surgery, vows