Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB3 Chat about Kate, Alex, Jade Goody and anything to do with Big Brother 3!

Old 12-03-2009, 10:21 PM #51

Favourites (more):
BB12: Anton
CBB7: Stephanie

Favourites (more):

how do you know it will last 5 billion years? Its only a theory, it could go on forever, it could end tomorrow. No solid proof to say it won't.

I know numbers are infinite I'm not that thick, the point I'm making is that at some point it just won't be practical.
Tom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 11:13 PM #52

Favourites:
BB11: John James

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom
how do you know it will last 5 billion years? Its only a theory, it could go on forever, it could end tomorrow. No solid proof to say it won't.

I know numbers are infinite I'm not that thick, the point I'm making is that at some point it just won't be practical.
" we'll run out of numbers!!!!" said Chicken little...

Just because it's a "theory" doesn't mean it's rubbish.... it means it's the WINNING theory that no other data can deny and for which lot's of data exist. Jump off a bridge Tom and you won't prove newton's theory but it will add to the data of observable patterns that point at the truth.
re 5 billion years
It's what stars do when their fuel is exhausted and they start to burn helium. They turn into red giants and then into white dwarves. Really big suns go supernova and then collapse onto themselves and form a blackhole. Proof isn't needed when it's an observable and predictable pattern....yet you demand proof every where and dismiss everything as just "theory" without providing an argument for why it's false.
ange7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-03-2009, 09:20 AM #53

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by ange7
Quote:
Originally posted by Tom

Just because it's a "theory" doesn't mean it's rubbish.... it means it's the WINNING theory that no other data can deny and for which lot's of data exist. Jump off a bridge Tom and you won't prove newton's theory but it will add to the data of observable patterns that point at the truth.
re 5 billion years
It's what stars do when their fuel is exhausted and they start to burn helium. They turn into red giants and then into white dwarves. Really big suns go supernova and then collapse onto themselves and form a blackhole. Proof isn't needed when it's an observable and predictable pattern....yet you demand proof every where and dismiss everything as just "theory" without providing an argument for why it's false.
How do they know they have been there for 5 billion years? Oh yeah, they're scientists, they know everything

How did they figure out, pin point a star then get in their little time machine and keep going back until they found the start? No matter what tests they carried out, it all boils down to guess work. It might be an informed guess but it doesn't mean its right.
Old 13-03-2009, 02:51 PM #54

Favourites:

Favourites:

"How do they know they have been there for 5 billion years? Oh yeah, they're scientists, they know everything "
no they did the hard work and didn't talk rubbish all day trying to save face every time they put there foot in it. Your distrust of scientist and the way you dismiss decades of science and research..... I love that. I love hoe you just wave it away with a " oh it's not 100% proof".... but you don't provide any arguments against it. I love the thought that when you 40 you won't have grown in anyway except perhaps fatter hehe.
Old 13-03-2009, 02:52 PM #55
Da Muthaflippin

Favourites (more):
UBB: Brian
BB11: Josie
Da Muthaflippin

Favourites (more):
UBB: Brian
BB11: Josie

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Tom

re 5 billion years
How do they know they have been there for 5 billion years? Oh yeah, they're scientists, they know everything

How did they figure out, pin point a star then get in their little time machine and keep going back until they found the start? No matter what tests they carried out, it all boils down to guess work. It might be an informed guess but it doesn't mean its right.
Can hardly call it guesswork lol
NettoSuperstar! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 13-03-2009, 03:04 PM #56

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
"How do they know they have been there for 5 billion years? Oh yeah, they're scientists, they know everything "
no they did the hard work and didn't talk rubbish all day trying to save face every time they put there foot in it. Your distrust of scientist and the way you dismiss decades of science and research..... I love that. I love hoe you just wave it away with a " oh it's not 100% proof".... but you don't provide any arguments against it. I love the thought that when you 40 you won't have grown in anyway except perhaps fatter hehe.
I didn't say I distrust it. I use science to explain things as much as the next person but sometimes science isn't always right and thats what I'm trying to get across.
Old 13-03-2009, 03:31 PM #57

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Quote:
I didn't say I distrust it. I use science to explain things as much as the next person but sometimes science isn't always right and thats what I'm trying to get across.
useless point...we all know scince isn't always right and what does "I didn't say I distrust it" have to do with it? It's clear by the way you trash talk theories you've no clue about. If you disagree with a point bring an argument...all you ever do is say "it's just a theory". The only time YOU can say that is when you do some work and try disproving those theories. Keep going round in circles mate. zzzzz
Old 13-03-2009, 03:37 PM #58

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Quote:
useless point...we all know scince isn't always right and what does "I didn't say I distrust it" have to do with it? It's clear by the way you trash talk theories you've no clue about. If you disagree with a point bring an argument...all you ever do is say "it's just a theory". The only time YOU can say that is when you do some work and try disproving those theories. Keep going round in circles mate. zzzzz
Its quite lazy to copy and paste you know.

Also you've just completely contradicted yourself. Earlier on you was basically going on about how science is always right etc ... and then you just said it isn't. Oops, look like you've put your foot in it there. zzzzzzz.
Old 13-03-2009, 03:47 PM #59

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Quote:
Its quite lazy to copy and paste you know.

Also you've just completely contradicted yourself. Earlier on you was basically going on about how science is always right etc ... and then you just said it isn't. Oops, look like you've put your foot in it there. zzzzzzz.
lol... rubbish....show me where I said "science is always right".
Old 13-03-2009, 03:50 PM #60

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Again, you're showing your selective reading skills. I said "basically going on about how science is always right" which doesn't mean that you have actually said that, but just implying it over two threads. And its quite obvious especially as we've been arguing about it. If you're that intelligent then at least figure out what you're trying to argue for.
Old 13-03-2009, 04:00 PM #61

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Again, you're showing your selective reading skills. I said "basically going on about how science is always right" which doesn't mean that you have actually said that, but just implying it over two threads. And its quite obvious especially as we've been arguing about it. If you're that intelligent then at least figure out what you're trying to argue for.
more b*ll*cks...
so show me where I "was basically going on about how science is always right etc" mahahaha
Old 13-03-2009, 04:44 PM #62

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Tom
more b*ll*cks...
so show me where I "was basically going on about how science is always right etc" mahahaha
You were arguing with my point that science isn't always right. The rest is quite self explanatory
Old 16-03-2009, 06:07 AM #63

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Tom
more b*ll*cks...
You were arguing with my point that science isn't always right. The rest is quite self explanatory
ummm no hehe... where in this thread was that the argument. It's possible that was an argument you were having at the same time with the many voices in your head. The argument was about your concept of time and your worry that one day we will run out of days and/or numbers for naming years!! mahahaha omfg your a gift that keeps on giving
Old 16-03-2009, 07:32 AM #64

I 100% agree with Lauren's views on this - however, I don't see why such a fuss should be made about what these extremists have said. Fine, it's their view/opinion (as everyone is entitled to have), but nobody is required to believe or act on them - i.e. Jade isn't. Repenting for your sins in any way is a good start, which we can't know if Jade has genuinely done.
Bells is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 16-03-2009, 05:34 PM #65

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Tom
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Tom
more b*ll*cks...
ummm no hehe... where in this thread was that the argument. It's possible that was an argument you were having at the same time with the many voices in your head. The argument was about your concept of time and your worry that one day we will run out of days and/or numbers for naming years!! mahahaha omfg your a gift that keeps on giving
We were having the same argument across two threads. But now I bring in other threads its suddenly not OK, but when you did it it was fine

Oh you think you're so clever, its quite laughable actually

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
claim, converts, extremists, hell, islam, islamic, jade