Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB3 Chat about Kate, Alex, Jade Goody and anything to do with Big Brother 3!

Old 29-07-2002, 11:30 PM #1

Default *Cries helplessly* I\'m getting Jonny withdrawal.

Hi all, I'm new to this board. I just had to post about how much I'm missing Jonny. The thing is I don't even have any experience with cold turkey from the housemates once BB is over. By that I mean, I was never a Big Brother fan until this 3rd series, and so for 1 and 2 I was only too happy for the series to be over - writing the show off as trashy voyeurism, and the housemates off as saddo wannabe's who didn't deserve any media attention. Now wouldn't you know it, I'm trawling newspapers and the internet for the merest mention of Jonny (love him love him love him!) and he's getting hardly any press coverage at all.
In S1 I only caught glimpses of the show, and really loved Tom but couldn't bear any of the others, and so stopped watching altogether when he was evicted (to which I still ask, why whhyyy? And how typical of my luck - again he was the only HM in BB1 that I wanted to see in the limelight and he's pretty much the only one I haven't heard anything of since he left). In S2 again, I watched on and off thinking all the HM's were unbearable bar one - I thought Brian was great and am glad he's got a job that suits him so well. But it was only in S3 (ironically the series where previous BB addicts seem to have denounced the show), where I got totally addicted, as I loved Jonny, really liked Spencer and PJ, and had to admit that even the ones I didn't like (e.g. Adele, Sunita, Tim) were 'normal' (unlike say BB1's Caroline where it didn't matter if she lost it that much more as she was already so gone!), which made any drama that much more dramatic.
But yeh, Jonny. Omigosh, where to start? He's the kindest, coolest, wisest, bravest, strongest, gentlest, wittiest guy (bloke!) ever. Just a class above the other HMs. I was thrilled when he became runner-up (as I thought with the sudden surge in Jade and Alex's popularity he might actually be the 1st finalist to leave which just didn't bear thinking about!), and got such a fantabulous reception (in some ways I'd say better than Kate's?), and gave probably the best interview from all the finalists (even though I didn't like his best bits compilation - lets face it, as overall sexy as he is when clothed and wearing those shades, he doesn't have the best body when nude! And they didn't even pick a real song to play out the best bits, or a good diary room voice-over).
Anyway, now I'm just missing him sooo much, but it seems that out of all the finalists he's the only one who's not going to be in the public eye. Partly okay, that by his choice, and yeh, I guess the down-to-earth priorities of wanting to go back to the fire-station are part of what makes him so classy and why I love him - he wouldn't be Jonny if he was hankering after a media career or wanting to raise his profile, but I still feel gutted and frustrated that we'll be bombarded with coverage of untalented, unlikeables with Kate, Alex and Jade, while the one person who I do want coverage from will go back into obscurity. Also it so pisses me off when there're are snide references by journo's/Graham Norton (who I usually think is hysterical), are glossing over the fact that it's his choice that he's going back to his fire brigade and making out that he's some kind of wannabe who wants to do adverts and stuff and no one's interested. I mean, okay I know he hasn't got as many lucrative offers as the other 3, but he has got some, which he's apparently turned down. Even magazine's when talking about future career prospects say there's not much media-wise that's suitable for Jonny. Okay, I see that he hasn't got an as immediately obvious media future as model Alex/DJ Adele, but hell, he's still got more than Kate/Jade etc do on that front. I think he's much more attractive a male than Kate is a female, he's much wittier, he's a brilliant mimic (again much better than Kate), and dancer and singer, and has his own band. Surely all that is much more suitable to post-BB opportunities than an IT-consultant and dental nurse?
Ridha is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-07-2002, 08:40 AM #2
Administrator

Administrator

Welcome to the forum, Ridha.

You certainly seem to have an extremely bad case of 'Jonnyitis'!

As someone who suffered exactly the same symptoms as you last year, but in my case it was desperately seeking for any news about Paul and Helen, I can certainly sympathise with you.

I think you'll find that our forum members are second to none when it comes to finding any information that's out there about BB contestants, so I hope you'll stay with us to catch up with all the latest news about Jonny and the other housemates.

Although Jonny wasn't my favourite housemate - that was Alex - when it got down to the final two I was rooting for him to win. Sadly it was not to be. I admire him for making a decision to return to his job as a fireman, and wish him all the luck in the world for the future. He deserves it.
Kaz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-07-2002, 08:53 AM #3

Welcome Ridha Happy Posting
I too wish him luck, but did'nt he want to be and had been an actor, I seem to remember him and Alison telling some of the others they had acted in some TV programs, maybe he has change his mind
Maggie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-07-2002, 05:32 PM #4

Thanks for the welcome guys. Which TV programmes did he act on and do you remember what exactly he said about them (as I thought he became a fireman at 18 and has been ever since)? I'd love to see them. Also, do you know where to get hold of the Reagan (why is the band's name spelt like when Jonny's surname is Regan without the extra 'a'?) CD?

See this is what I don't understand. Although yes, I can't imagine Jonny as a pop-star or anything (I wouldn't want to be able to imagine him as a popstar for that matter!), I do think that after Adele, Alex, and possibly Spencer, his background (some acting, some singing, dancing, impersonations, and a ready-wit) is more suitable for some media-stuff than the other HM's. And although I don't think he'd want to be a TV presenter, I thought he was brilliant when he was on RI:SE on Monday - striking exactly the right balance between being funny but still low-key, and was very natural and unselfconscious without being pretentious. So that's why it pisses me off when Norton and various other references in magazines joke about the lack of press interest. It might be a laughable failure where people like Sada/Caroline etc. are concerned, where they obviously want to go to envelope opening stuff and 'see and be seen', but with Jonny it's his own choice to turn his back on London/Media/A new career. I wish they'd point that out when they make these snarky comments. Is Jonny not even going to do one exclusive interview? I wouldn't want him to do anything cheesy like adverts/endorsements, but I think one exclusive/official interview with Okay or something as Spencer did, would be great. That way he can casually set the record straight when talking about future plans, plus earn a tidy sum of money without selling out.

Can you guys please please fill me in on Jonny pertinent info throughout the series? I've been to the official Ch4 site and read the news bits over the series, but to be honest, my addiction to BB came quite late in the day. I went from missing the majority of the Ch-4 highlights, and even (shock, horror), some eviction shows especially the 8:30 one where they talk to family and the general crowd feeling, to watching E4 for hours on end for Jonny - but this was in the last few weeks.

So I'd be so grateful if anyone could give me gossip on stuff like what Graham Norton had to say about Jonny over the course of the series, what his family and fiance were like on the eviction nights or BBLB, and if they ever did anything like go to Jonny's home-town the way Avid went to Jade's. I heard a reference to the Blue-Watch andJonny's work mates doco on RI:SE? Also, overall, how was Jonny edited re. the real E4 stuff and Ch4 highlights?
Ridha is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-07-2002, 06:04 PM #5

Favourites (more):
CBB18: Ricky Norwood
Strictly 2016: Greg Rutherford

Favourites (more):
CBB18: Ricky Norwood
Strictly 2016: Greg Rutherford

Hello Ridha happy posting

I like Johnny too but i was glad Kate won

Happy posting
BigSister is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-07-2002, 06:09 PM #6
TiBB founder

TiBB founder

Jonny was an extra in Billy Elliot

Useless bit of info for you

Welcome Ridha, happy posting!

- Mark
Mark is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-07-2002, 06:19 PM #7

Welcome to TiBB, Ridha.

I had withdrawal symptoms last year when BB finished as I was desperate for news about Paul and Helen and missed them both SO much.

If you watch E4 tomorrow at 6.50 there's a possibility that they will show excerpts from the BB3 party. You might just catch a glimpse of Jonny!
Mairi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
cries, helplessly, jonny, withdrawal