Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB3 Chat about Kate, Alex, Jade Goody and anything to do with Big Brother 3!

Old 30-07-2002, 08:21 PM #26

Quote:
Originally posted by bananarama
I think if any offers were discussed at the meeting she would have been advised to keep silent about them. I believe that is the reason for the bland "Oh they are getting to know me " statement she came out with.
She came out and her 1st words were "that was interesting" she said that she could return to work but her dad wants her to see what comes up and he wouldnt say that if he knew nothing would be in the pipeline.I hope we arent reading too much into her words though.But Craig and Brian have had good jobs and Kate was very popular as her 3million votes suggest and she is the 1st female winner.Personally I think she would do a good job on a Sara Cox style radio show
KateRules is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-07-2002, 08:33 PM #27

If I had simply been asked questions of the getting to know you variety I would not regard that as "Very interesting". That's why I believe she has been asked not to divulge what was really discussed at the meeting. I would be amazed if the first female BB winner was not offered something substantial. She can can act.....She is confident......It would not make any sense for her to only finish up with the £70,000 and a few other odds and end appearances and interviews.
bananarama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-07-2002, 11:01 PM #28

It was reported in the Daily Express today (Tuesday) that the Eastenders bosses are interested in meeting her.

http://www.orange-today.co.uk/entert...sm_639719.html
just me is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2002, 08:37 AM #29
Administrator

Administrator

Looks like the Daily Express may have got it wrong, Ju.

(Story from Ananova)

EastEnders deny Kate Lawler audition reports

EastEnders bosses have denied Big Brother winner Kate Lawler is to have a screen test to replace Tamzin Outhwaite.

Several newspapers claimed Kate was to have an audition for the BBC1 soap.

But EastEnders representatives told Radio 1 they have not even considered the idea.

Sorry!
Kaz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2002, 08:02 PM #30
Oldgit

Oldgit

Tonight's "Kate Show" started with her "morning after the night before" waking up mid afternoon in Alison's hotel room trying to remember some of what happened. No change from the BB house there, then!

She and Alison met up with Jonny and Julie for coffee, saw Jonny into a cab as he returned home. Both bade Jonny goodbye with such a will that Julie must have been worried! They (well mainly Kate) were mobbed by a group of young girls in a clothes shop. Kate was well pleased that she got support from girls. I loved the bit where they were talking about the Vogue shoot. Kate's gait is so ungirly and laddish, she will have to do some serious training to get the poses right ... !

She said her goodbyes to Alison at Euston Station, and as Alison headed off into the distance, Kate suddenly sprinted after her for one last hug.

She made it absolutely clear that she had no intention of getting into a media slanging match with Jade, and she is sure that the things in the press that Jade has said have been exaggerated.

She comes across as a fun-loving, sporty, girl who is both very feminine but also quite a tomboy. She seems very loyal to those she regards as her true friends (Alison and Jonny) and I think that, if anything, she seems even more outgoing than she did in the BB house.

Played up to the cameras? Toned it down a bit, more like!!

Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2002, 09:00 PM #31

I'm really enjoying these 10 minute shows this week. It's good to know how Kate is spending her time adjusting to "normal" life again. Looking forward to this Saturday's 1 hour show!

Good to see her having a good laugh with Jonny and Alison. So Jonny has gone back to County Durham - Kate mentioned he's a bit down at the moment; wonder if he's having trouble adjusting to "normal" life and his new found fame?

Di2001 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2002, 10:47 PM #32

It's probably nothing a few crates of Newcastle Brown Ale can't put right. I think Jonny's an up and down type of person. He'll be back up when he gets home.

steve_o is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2002, 10:57 PM #33
Oldgit

Oldgit

Quote:
Originally posted by steve_o
It's probably nothing a few crates of Newcastle Brown Ale can't put right.
Aye, it's canny stuff, mind!

Old 31-07-2002, 11:11 PM #34

haha...oh how i laughed when she was told she would be in vogue- said it was all these gorgeous people who were in vogue. and the photo shoot would b all davina with her standing at the side with her thumbs up and a cheesy grin! typical kate!! also..as soon as she heard it, first thing she said was 'ill do it for free'
annamarie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-08-2002, 09:41 AM #35

Quote:
Aye, it's canny stuff, mind!
Ugh! No its not!!!

I'm more of a lightweight Carling/Caffreys girl though...

I hope they show all these little 10 min things at the weekend, I've only seen one of them.
Glitter_babe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-08-2002, 03:33 PM #36

I've just popped onto the official site and read about the C4 show on Kate on Sat. They reveal that she turned down a huge tabloid offer minutes after the show,and she also accepted a dinner date with Duncan from Blue.Also, it mentioned she missed the diary room so much that she built her own and also shows us her application tape and encounter with jade at the audition so there's obviously a lot of footage they are putting in this show that has not been seen on E4
KateRules is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-08-2002, 06:34 PM #37

Mmmmm. interesting! I have just worked out that if they show "all" of the new footage of the E4 mini shows it comes to 45 min of E4 material over the 5 days.

The one hour BB shows after adverts are taken out leaves a running time of 48 min on average. that mean there will only be 3 minutes to spare for new footage!!!! Something has to give.
bananarama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-08-2002, 06:41 PM #38

Tonight's 10 min programme concentrated on Kate doing a photoshoot for OK magazine - it would appear to have taken all day to do!! Looks like she's wearing some lovely outfits and at one point she was walking around smoking a cigar!! She even had to video an advert to promote the mag, so that should be on our TV screens soon.

Bought OK mag today which has a large spread on Alex. And I got NOW mag aswell which has an interview with Jonny. Both mags have some great pics in them.

Di2001 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-08-2002, 06:43 PM #39

I'm looking forward to looking at the ok mag with Kate It looked tonight that they really went for in on photos so there should be a load
Amy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-08-2002, 06:46 PM #40

I noticed that when Kate entered the house, her and Jade recognised one another. Presumably they were both at the London auditions and this is what will be shown on TV.

I wonder if they didn't get on as early as then??

I imagine some of the E4 footage will be cut from Saturday night's show, but I wouldn't think it's too much of a hassle and I don't think we will miss much. Tonight's 10 minutes was a lot of Kate doing an OK! photoshoot + adverts, plus about 1 minute of her in the car at the end being her usually, amusing self. Oh and there was a bit at the beginning where her Dad went a bit mad OTT trying to stop a car from following them to the photoshoot which was a bit scary.

kaphc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-08-2002, 07:54 PM #41
Oldgit

Oldgit

I saw tonight's Kate Show. I thought that the over-glamourous makeover wasn't really her. She should have posed in a football kit or something.

Other than that, she really comes across as nice, and, a bit like Mr Clarke last year, doesn't think she's anything special, which is actually what makes her special!
Old 02-08-2002, 12:28 PM #42

Hi,

I think these little shows that kate does are really cool and interesting seeing whats she is doing with her life, i watched all of them so far.
bigbrofan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-08-2002, 06:23 PM #43

Quote:
Originally posted by Oldgit
I saw tonight's Kate Show. I thought that the over-glamourous makeover wasn't really her. She should have posed in a football kit or something.
Oldgit are you a clairvoyant or something????. Great show tonight. Spencer looked blinking STONKING!!!!!!!!!!!!
chilledbootz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-08-2002, 06:53 PM #44

Another good ten minute show Nice to see Alison, Pj, Spencer and Jonny again
Amy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-08-2002, 07:04 PM #45
Oldgit

Oldgit

Yep. Tonight's show proves that Kate is not bitchy. If she was, when Jade dropped in the bit about her personal trainer, she would have said "Ooo! Get you!".

Old 02-08-2002, 07:17 PM #46

These 10 min shorts are great programmes, it's something e4 and ch4 have got right this year. It's interesting to see the amount of attention you can get being a bb winner. It's also interesting in that Brian and Helen must have done the same things as well last year. It goes to show it's all go after leaving the bb house. After doing not a lot in the bb house for a few weeks it must come as quiet a shock or a great chance to do something they've never done before and not be bored.

steve_o is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-08-2002, 07:51 PM #47
Cyber Warrior

Cyber Warrior

Spencer was on tonight denying the story that appeared a few days ago that he had a liaison with a certain lady while Kate was in the house.

However, as Bernard said (or was it Sir Humphey Appleby) "Never believe a story until it's officially denied"

Alison effectively said this of Jade when she denied saying she wanted to "chin" Kate.

They showed the bit with Kate on Capital FM where she challenged Jade to a fight. It seemed obvious it was a wind up and not serious, However in the Daily Star the headline seemed to indicate it was a serious threat of a show down with Jade, the innocent darling of the tabloids. Jade the angel robbed of the prize by HER

The tabloids will make Kate pay
Sticks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-08-2002, 08:17 PM #48
Oldgit

Oldgit

I shouldn't worry, Sticks, I think the Jade hurricane is blowing out. (No rude thoughts, peeps!) Whether Kate can become a big star of some kind remains to be seen. I think we are being guilty of seeing BB as a "talent show" instead of what it is, a very good game show.

BB is good entertainment, and BB3 was deservedly won by Kate. Of course I want to see more of her because, like others, I loved the show. However, I would rather have fond memories than see her in the furture as a cheesy TV presenter who I could no longer stand!!!

However, if she does have the talent, bring it on!!

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
10, e4, kate, min, programmes