Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

International Big Brother Big Brother around the world!

Old 01-08-2002, 08:34 PM #1
Cyber Warrior

Cyber Warrior

Default Post Match Analysis: Mel versus Kate Discuss

According to Jade, Kate only stayed in the house because she used her body like a harlot and flirted with all the ment to avoid nomination.

The one flaw with that argument, as far as I can see would be Mel (BB1) Mel was portrayed as a flirt, going from boy to boy. When she was finally put up for nomination by Craig, so she did not miss out on the experience of being nominated, she got a heafty eviction vote and booed out. Even at the final she got booed.

If Kate had behaved the way Jade said, would she have not suffered the same fate when up against PJ, or at least got more votes to evect than she did ?

Is the comparison between the fates of Mel and Kate the answer to Jade's assertion, or have attitudes changed. Does Jade's allegation against Kate raise a parallel with Mel.
Sticks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-08-2002, 08:49 PM #2
Oldgit

Oldgit

I don't think the flirting had much to do with it, really. Kate was a laugh, rarely said a bad word about anyone, didn't conspire or bitch, and even when she flirted it was comical. Follow the van, indeed!

Mel, by comparison, appeared ruthless and calculating. And the flirting with one of the guys (was it Andy) seemed really serious, and when he left she was reported as wanting to see her again, outside, next minute she was flirting with Tom.

Kate just seemed to be having a laugh and none of it (including with Spencer) ever seemed that serious. Her favourite male in the house was Jonny and he was not available, so she just had some fun. That's how it always looked to me!

Jade is saying whatever will make her money. She rightly said that Kate's obsession with putting on weight when she is still quite slim could have a bad effect on young girls who might get anorexia. But Jade didn't say anything in the house, simply because someone probably pointed it out to her after she left! Now she says she knew this was wrong inside the house. So why did not she say something then?

Sorry, Jade, the words "sour" and "grapes" spring to mind...

Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-08-2002, 09:06 PM #3

Kate definitely fancied Spencer. She admitted it to Davina. She was genuinely fond of him just as Jade was genuinely fond of PJ.

Jade was jealous of Kate for the simple reason that all the boys admitted to fancying her. I also think Jade was jealous of Sophie and that's why she resorted to bullying her.

Kate didn't flirt with anyone other than Spencer. She had a laugh with Jonny (a bit like Craig and Claire in BB1) and, after a strained start with Alex, she tried her best to have a laugh with him too.

Sticks, you must stop believing everything you read in the tabloids.
Mairi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-08-2002, 11:05 PM #4

Although Kate flirted a bit I don't think it was a survival strategy

Mel's was just blown way out of proportion
finch is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-08-2002, 02:53 PM #5

It’s an interesting question. I thought it was pretty obvious what Kate’s gameplan was. It’s a bit unfair to accuse Jade over this. If she was alone, amongst the housemates, in her opinion - maybe. But Lee, Tim, Alex and Sandy have all said the same thing.

I suggested the difference with Mel was that the viewers recognised that, this time around, the housemates entered the house with the purpose of winning and going home with the £70,000. Kate admitted this openly in the diary room. Also, Mel was probably edited badly in BB1 because the producers and press needed a storyline. This year the arguments took centre stage.
James is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-08-2002, 02:10 AM #6

Jealousey !!!! Jade knew what she was up against and so did Adele so what did they turn to ...... "Bitching". Did you not notice Jades comments in the last week "Kate is only populer because of what she does with the boys" I wish Jade would get a memory. (PJ)

Sorry while we are at it I am fed up of Jade and her crew haveing a go at Kate for letting Jade strip off.
1) Jade would have done it anyway (as part of her plan)
2) Kate did have a go, immediately after telling her that it was OK for blokes but a girl would be called allsorts for it, amazingly this bit was not shown on TV.

Jayjay is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-08-2002, 04:44 AM #7
Cyber Warrior

Cyber Warrior

Quote:
2) Kate did have a go, immediately after telling her that it was OK for blokes but a girl would be called allsorts for it, amazingly this bit was not shown on TV.

Because we suspect some elements wanted Alex to win and the programme was slanted that way (remember the character assassination disguised as a psyche report)
Sticks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
analysis, discuss, kate, match, mel, post, versus