Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB6 Chat about Anthony, Eugene, Makosi and the rest of the Big Brother 6 housemates.

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 11:58 PM #126

booing is ok for goodness sake. It keeps people off the stage who desperately need to get off there for their own good and for the publics good.
Old 13-08-2005, 12:01 AM #127

Lets' do a Derek and ignore him.

So does sanyone actually think Makosi was carrying on with the facade because of the crowd? She was brave but you could tell she was upset.
Old 13-08-2005, 12:02 AM #128

Quote:
Originally posted by OPL73
Quote:
Originally posted by selfinflicted
Quote:
Originally posted by OPL73
Quote:
Because white people don't mind racism. Am I wrong? Honky, cracker, etc.
Probably because they were never persecuted like black people were. It stems from history Selfinflicted. History is what makes us or has made us.

Unfortunatley that chapter of history will never be a forgotton memory.
So, it's 'payback' time, is that it? This self perpetuated guilt trip doesn't wash with me. History is just that, it can be perverted, and right now the scales are NOT balanced. Equality these days means special rights, and many people are getting sick and tired of it.
It's not a guilt trip it's a fact. It's something that still exists today unfortunately. You obviosuly would never understand you are white afterall.

Get a grip mate, You don't know what you're talking about.

Payback? Hysterical laughter enuses. Guilt trip? Just responding to your outlandish and totally wrong statements.

Anyway it's not a racism thread and you are right, that card gets played alot. I'm not one of those people who play it. So don't tar everyone with the same brush.

This is the last I will post on it.

Topic again=Audience pathetic.

Maybe I wouldn't understand, as I'm only white, eh? But I understand people like Kriss Donald or Ross Parker being ignored in our media, while people like Stephen Lawrence and Anthony King are on front pages. Candle lit vigiles, minutes silences, the O.B.E's in the post no doubt. Is that how we should be? Does that put all those years of injustice to rest? Maybe it does in your eyes, with your moral relativism, and your hatred of white culture.
Old 13-08-2005, 12:03 AM #129

she was upset. i dont think anyone on this planet would not have been upset if they faced that. she put on a brave face but it was uncomfortable to watch
Old 13-08-2005, 12:04 AM #130

can you guys stop goin off topic?
Old 13-08-2005, 12:06 AM #131

Everyone has the right of free speech and as such we have a duty to respect that right. Even if we disagree with their views.

Both Kinga and Makosi were booed tonight! And what for.... providing us with entertainment in a game show. They deserved more respect from the crowd.

Can we stop playing the race cards.
Old 13-08-2005, 12:07 AM #132

Makosi almost cried when Anthony was up there, or at least I thought I saw some water in her eyes. Maybe she does have feelings after all. I've always believed fish have feelings, even though some debate that, amazingly.meow!
Old 13-08-2005, 12:07 AM #133

Quote:

But that would be illegal. Booing, as far as I'm aware, isn't. You see?
Well alright then, have the audience pelt them with rotten fruit.

My point is that nobody who enters a game show and plays by the rules should be subjected to hatred that was projected from the crowd tonight. It was utterly disgraceful and there is no justification for it. None.

Personally I couldnt give a sh*t if Makosi is an actress or a nurse, and if it doesnt bother me then it shouldn't bother anybody else.
Old 13-08-2005, 12:07 AM #134

agreed
Old 13-08-2005, 12:08 AM #135

@ RM
Old 13-08-2005, 12:11 AM #136

Old man say If you say someone ****ed you when they clearly didnt, expect trouble. You bunch of softies. If you said you slept with someone and you hadnt, you would get booed aswell and I'd be here saying great! boo more.

The girl has to learn.
Old 13-08-2005, 12:11 AM #137

Quote:
Originally posted by Red Moon
Everyone has the right of free speech and as such we have a duty to respect that right. Even if we disagree with there views.

Both Kinga and Makosi were booed tonight! And what for.... providing us with entertainment in a game show. They deserved more respect from the crowd.

My last word on this topic as I'm off for a joint!
Free speech is an illusion. We are told what we can and cannot say, what is todays taboo is tommorows hot topic.
Makosi was not all that bad I suppose. The audience thought she was though, and that's fine by me. Like you said, everyone has a right to an opinion. It was a game show, and the loser gets booed while the winner gets cheered. OK, so the booing went off the scale compared to previous standards, but that just means the bar has been raised. It's the risk you take with these type of shows. We all watch with delight as their lives are unravelled for our entertainment, yet we decide to take the moral high ground when it reaches it's logical conclusion. Slightly hypocritical, no?

G'night!
Old 13-08-2005, 12:13 AM #138

If I want to say I slept with one of your sons or daughters, am I gonna be praised? hell no.
Grow up board.
Old 13-08-2005, 12:15 AM #139

Quote:
Maybe I wouldn't understand, as I'm only white, eh? But I understand people like Kriss Donald or Ross Parker being ignored in our media, while people like Stephen Lawrence and Anthony King are on front pages. Candle lit vigiles, minutes silences, the O.B.E's in the post no doubt. Is that how we should be? Does that put all those years of injustice to rest? Maybe it does in your eyes, with your moral relativism, and your hatred of white culture.
Lol you must be on something. You must buy 'The Daily Mail' eh? Get a grip mate, this aint 'NewsNight'

I suggest you stop assuming while you're at it too. I'm half white and half black.

Can we stop now?

Sorry mods if you are monitering this. this is the last I will say on the above rubbish.

So can anyone explain, why some of us are disgusted and the minority aren't with the audience?
Old 13-08-2005, 12:17 AM #140

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Red Moon
Everyone has the right of free speech and as such we have a duty to respect that right. Even if we disagree with there views.

My last word on this topic as I'm off for a joint!
Free speech is an illusion. We are told what we can and cannot say, what is todays taboo is tommorows hot topic.
Makosi was not all that bad I suppose. The audience thought she was though, and that's fine by me. Like you said, everyone has a right to an opinion. It was a game show, and the loser gets booed while the winner gets cheered. OK, so the booing went off the scale compared to previous standards, but that just means the bar has been raised. It's the risk you take with these type of shows. We all watch with delight as their lives are unravelled for our entertainment, yet we decide to take the moral high ground when it reaches it's logical conclusion. Slightly hypocritical, no?

G'night!
Oh My God. Are my eyes deceiving me? At last a sensible post from you. Except for the ending.

I'm impressed. Can you write antother one?
Old 13-08-2005, 12:24 AM #141

I read the Daily Mail religiously (its my bible) so I'm the least politically correct person here, but even I can see that saying things like 'go back to <insert country here>' is likely to rile people up. It wasn't necessary to this discussion and 'Self' has done more damage to his/her argument by saying it.

And may I also add I hope that my support for Derek, Kemal and Makosi (and even sometimes Science) throughout this series has broken down the commonly held views of people who read this great newspaper. I thank you!
Old 13-08-2005, 12:31 AM #142

Quote:
Originally posted by AndyJK
Quote:

Well that's very righteous of you, but thankfully some people are prepared to display their feelings honestly and openly.
Telling the Nation you are pregnant when you haven't even had sex. I mean, come on!
I didn't like the pregnancy thing at the time because I thought they'd had sex, but now I know that didn't actually I find it quite funny.
just because anthony said he didnt have sex are you really going to take his word??? he was drunk! come on. he didnt even know what happened the night before (when it actually happened. graig had to tel him). also, this his the same goof who said he doesnt think graig fancies him, are you going to take his word on that?!?! seriously peps, how can you take a statement from some one who actually doesnt even remember what happened? science, maxwell, orlaith etc said they did but graig being a love sick foooooool says they didnt. please, so why did he leave the pool? anthony had nothing on, mokosi had on a bikini, anthony only had to put the bikini to the side!!! we all watched that show & to me it looked like they was doing it!
Old 13-08-2005, 12:36 AM #143

but i agree, her being a nurse (yeah right), she should no better about how long pregnency takes.

but still, she was very entertaining & it shows that she did her job ie she got herself noticed, even if the end result was the public booing her. if she (like all the rest of the HMs) was not there then it (probably) would have been boring.
Old 13-08-2005, 12:47 AM #144

Default Makosi Got her \"Just Deserts\"!

she went out and was still too overconfident (her biggest downfall)

ohhhh im still the best

ohhhh im the only female

ohhhh shut the **** up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

got shamed when antony blantantly denied sex

and got boooooooooooooos galore!

PAiN FULL BUT SHE DESERVED IT!!!!!!!

I wanted the ground to come and swallow me up! "and im not even her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and I bloody h8 the gal!

but the boos couldnt of happend to a better person.

sam u rock
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hmmm saaaammm (homer simpson styled voice)
Old 13-08-2005, 12:53 AM #145

Quote:
Originally posted by abs

just because anthony said he didnt have sex are you really going to take his word??? he was drunk! come on. he didnt even know what happened the night before (when it actually happened. graig had to tel him). also, this his the same goof who said he doesnt think graig fancies him, are you going to take his word on that?!?! seriously peps, how can you take a statement from some one who actually doesnt even remember what happened? science, maxwell, orlaith etc said they did but graig being a love sick foooooool says they didnt. please, so why did he leave the pool? anthony had nothing on, mokosi had on a bikini, anthony only had to put the bikini to the side!!! we all watched that show & to me it looked like they was doing it!
We'll forever be speculating as to whether they did or not. I dont have the proof and neither do you, so we'll get nowhere. I was under the impression they DID have unprotected sex at the time and was critical of Makosi because of it, but now having heard Makosi's, Anthony's and Craig's version of events I'm fairly satisfied they didn't and it was all part of Makosi's brilliant game. Fair play to her.
Old 13-08-2005, 08:11 AM #146

I haven't seen it as I am on holiday but clearly from the lackof agreement here on this thread not many people agree with you.

I have read some of what happened and am disapointed for her.

Derek wasn't boohed, nor should she have been.
Old 13-08-2005, 08:17 AM #147

This thread started to go in a very unsavoury direction and it's not the first time that a thread with selfinflicted on it which has gone in that direction; I'm glad it's back on topic now.

My take on the situation is that I really did not like Makosi one iota while she was in the house. She and Craig were my least favourite housemates of all time, and I was not too pleased that they had both got to the last week! Howevever, there is no denying that she gave people plenty to talk about - she was never boring! I expected her to get booed, and it seems that most of the housemates in the future can expect the audience to boo them simply for the sake of it.

However, the crowd went way too far with Makosi last night. It was a gameshow for crying out loud - she hasn't killed anybody.

It's been suggested on this thread that people who didn't like the crowd reaction (and as democracy has been mentioned a couple of time, we have a democratic right not to like the crowd reaction and to say so) should get over it - personally I think that the people who display so much hatred and anger towards someone who has been playing a game, should get over it. Such anger towards someone they don't even know, cannot be healthy.
Old 13-08-2005, 08:49 AM #148

I was so embarrased watching Makosi last night what an awful way to treat her! Poor Makosi, it's only a TV show there was no need for the treatment she rec'vd!
Old 13-08-2005, 09:49 AM #149

As you know I did not like Makosi infact I really did dislike the woman but last night the crowd took things too far in my opinion. I can handle them booing a housemate as they are evicted even though I do get a little bit tired of all the booing it does not bother me but what does bother me is people who ruined that interview last night. The constant chanting and tirade of insults that were launched at Makosi were pretty sickening, I don't care how much of a liar and a bitch she was you cannot behave like a mob at a reality tv show eviction night.

She had fans and they had the right after 11 weeks of supporting her to hear what she had to say about her time in the house and her certain views on situations. I actually wanted to hear what she had to say but I could not get past the crowds reaction and in the end I almost switched it over because it was all becoming a farce. Those people need to look at themselves and think why did I go to such an extreme and why am I filled with such hatred for a woman on a game show. Totally appaling!
Old 13-08-2005, 09:53 AM #150

Quote:
Originally posted by BB fernzy
As you know I did not like Makosi infact I really did dislike the woman but last night the crowd took things too far in my opinion. I can handle them booing a housemate as they are evicted even though I do get a little bit tired of all the booing it does not bother me but what does bother me is people who ruined that interview last night. The constant chanting and tirade of insults that were launched at Makosi were pretty sickening, I don't care how much of a liar and a bitch she was you cannot behave like a mob at a reality tv show eviction night.

She had fans and they had the right after 11 weeks of supporting her to hear what she had to say about her time in the house and her certain views on situations. I actually wanted to hear what she had to say but I could not get past the crowds reaction and in the end I almost switched it over because it was all becoming a farce. Those people need to look at themselves and think why did I go to such an extreme and why am I filled with such hatred for a woman on a game show. Totally appaling!
Totally agree with everything you have said there. I found it disturbing to the point where I was unsure as to whether they would try to pelt the poor girl.

I was not a Makosi fan at all but was able to see that she offered us a lot as a HM. She deserved to be given her moment, ok BOO as she comes out if you have to but let the girl tell us her story.
Closed Thread

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
audience, disgusting