Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB3 Chat about Kate, Alex, Jade Goody and anything to do with Big Brother 3!

Old 14-08-2002, 08:44 AM #1
Administrator

Administrator

Default Jonny meets his fans!

Found this article on the icnewcastle site:

Fans queue up to see Big Brother housemate Jonny
Aug 13 2002

The Big Brother phenomenon hit the MetroCentre last night when Durham fireman Jonny Regan made an appearance to sign autographs.

The 29-year-old reality show runner-up admitted the sight of more than 700 fans lining up to meet him was overwhelming.

It was the kind of screaming crowd you would more likely associate with Jonny's pop hero Robbie Williams as the queue, mostly made up of women, wound around both floors of the WHSmith store.

Jonny said: "There was a huge roar when we walked in and the hairs on the back of my neck stood on end. I just wasn't expecting that. This is a completely different world to the one I am used to. Everybody seems to know us know me and want to speak to me."

Jonny revealed he was content to enjoy events rather than rush into one of the many projects he has been offered.

He said: "Some of the other housemates have just dived in. I am taking my time, looking through offers.

"A part in Boogie Nights the musical has been suggested and someone wants to do a song with me. The people at CITV suggested I might be a guest presenter but I don't know if they are serious."

Katie Orrock, 13, had journeyed from Cramlington to meet Jonny with her nursery nurse mum Lynne and had queued for more than an hour. She said: "I can't believe I have met him, I am in total shock."

Lynne said: "He is just as genuine in real life as he was on the telly and he is being really good with the kids."

Children's nurse Julia Lineker said: "My daughter Jessica is in Tanzania at the moment and she was gutted to miss the end of the programme. She kept emailing - not to tell me what she was up to but to make sure I was voting."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Good to hear Jonny's back to top form, and that the offers are coming in for him now.

He still seems slightly bemused by all the public attention, but I'm sure he'll cope!
Kaz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
fans, jonny, meets