Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB10 Big Brother 10 from 2009 was won by Sophie Reade.

Old 25-06-2009, 08:17 PM #51
Banned

Banned

* Post edited - Racist comment removed
sXcLiLMiNx is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-06-2009, 08:42 PM #52

sree loves england, and he also loves english culture.
superpoon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-06-2009, 08:43 PM #53

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Mike ‘The Situation’
BB13: Deana

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Mike ‘The Situation’
BB13: Deana

i dont think hes racist, just ignorant in few things
rayheartbliss is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-06-2009, 01:49 PM #54

Favourites:
BB11: John James

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally posted by Lauren
Quote:
Originally posted by ange7
Quote:
Originally posted by iEmery
If i dont see proof then i dont belive that, sorry ...
well watch the HL show... Marcus said it and was referring to how Sree always compares UK to India. It's not racism but it is funny because in the process of talking down UK culture for having "loose morals" he seems to forget his groping and stalking. "oh come and sit on my lap!". lol
If that racism, then Noirin should be kicked out too for saying English girls sleep around and give it up easier than Irish girls.

I know you said it's not racism, I just quoted you since you specified which part we were in reference to.
Nah in both cases. There's no racial divide between the Irish and the UK. 50 years ago when the Irish were oppressed everywhere then yeah maybe a statement like Noirin's could be seen to insight hate crimes but not today and certainly not if there's some truth to it. ( lol not saying there is).

I think people of one culture can comment on the values of another without being called racist as long as there isn't any possibility of inciting hate crimes. Eg If I were to take the p*ss out of Irish accent it wouldn't be racist since there's no racial divide between me and the Irish and secondly the Irish aren't oppressed and so my comment could be seen by others as an invitation to discriminate. If on the other hand I was at my local and a tried on an Indian accent my mates would poor a beer on my head. In both case my intent isn't to be racist but in the second example there is a racial divide between me and Indians and so others may see that statement as a green light to go in harder in future. Sorry re the essay.
ange7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-06-2009, 01:54 PM #55

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
well watch the HL show... Marcus said it and was referring to how Sree always compares UK to India. It's not racism but it is funny because in the process of talking down UK culture for having "loose morals" he seems to forget his groping and stalking. "oh come and sit on my lap!". lol
If that racism, then Noirin should be kicked out too for saying English girls sleep around and give it up easier than Irish girls.

I know you said it's not racism, I just quoted you since you specified which part we were in reference to.
Nah in both cases. There's no racial divide between the Irish and the UK. 50 years ago when the Irish were oppressed everywhere then yeah maybe a statement like Noirin's could be seen to insight hate crimes but not today and certainly not if there's some truth to it. ( lol not saying there is).

I think people of one culture can comment on the values of another without being called racist as long as there isn't any possibility of inciting hate crimes. Eg If I were to take the p*ss out of Irish accent it wouldn't be racist since there's no racial divide between me and the Irish and secondly the Irish aren't oppressed and so my comment could be seen by others as an invitation to discriminate. If on the other hand I was at my local and a tried on an Indian accent my mates would poor a beer on my head. In both case my intent isn't to be racist but in the second example there is a racial divide between me and Indians and so others may see that statement as a green light to go in harder in future. Sorry re the essay.
If you tried to put on an Irish accent not only would you fail miserably, but it WOULD be racist. It was racist in the 50's, 60's and 70's etc and it's racist now.

And I'm Irish, I know what I'm talking about.
snoopygirl is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-06-2009, 02:00 PM #56

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally posted by snoopygirl
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

If you tried to put on an Irish accent not only would you fail miserably, but it WOULD be racist. It was racist in the 50's, 60's and 70's etc and it's racist now.

And I'm Irish, I know what I'm talking about.
lol..I have an Irish mate and he hates our horrible Irish accent. He complains we all think the Irish talk with that stereotypical leprechaun voice. It's not racist... it's **** comedy and a cheap shot at humour based on a nasty 2 dimensional stereotype but is it a hate crime? lol
Old 26-06-2009, 02:05 PM #57
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

Personnally as an Irish person, I don't think an English person taking off my accent is racist/insulting, in the majority of situations it's only a bit of fun. I've met many English people, most of them have taken the piss out of my accent but in a light hearted way! On the otherhand I have met a few (a very small number I might add) that have done it in a nasty way because they seemed to have a dislike of Irish people, this I would consider to be offensive to me (don't know if racist is the right word)
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-06-2009, 04:17 PM #58

Dear Mrs Kitten-Mosley, You love being English so much - try learning the language then! >"if one of the Brittish (sic) hm (sic) said something like that about India...". Your arguments are beneath contempt - so I just pick on how fick you iz.
C4_spoil_BB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 26-06-2009, 05:03 PM #59

Favourites (more):
BB12: Jay
CBB8: Jedward

Favourites (more):
CBB8: Jedward

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by MrsTIL
Quote:
Originally posted by Niamhxo
Quote:
Originally posted by MrsTIL
Quote:
Originally posted by Niamhxo
Well, thats the thing if one of the Brittish hm said something like that about India there'd be a public outcry!!!
No one cares abour reverse racism unfortunately. I hate racism, i will never understand how people can dislike people purely based on their culture/religion/skin colour.

Reverse racism is not a myth it does exist and unfortunately we 'whites/crackers' have to just 'deal' with it!
Yeah, that seems to be the way it is alright which is a bit annoying
It is annoying indeed.

Our local shop is run by a lovely asian man however when he is chasing the children out the shop if they wind him up he always shouts anti white things such as "white scum get out of my shop" or "go back to your white wh**e of a mother" why not just say "get out my shop" or "go back to your wh**re of a mother" why bring colour into it??

Unfortunately this leads to racism towards him which is also unacceptable so it's just a big racist mess!
"white scum get out of my shop" or "go back to your white wh**e of a mother"

I don't believe this for a second.

" we 'whites/crackers' have to just 'deal' with it!"

yeah right ... you have to deal with getting turned down at job interviews based on your race or have people get up when you sit next to them on buses. You don't seem to even know what "reverse discrimination " means. Look it up ... it's means positive discrimination ... favourably treatment to the racially oppressed. That ain't you sweetness. Go start a race war somewhere else.
sorry, but who are you to say that white people aren't racially abused??

totally out of order what you said
kisywisy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-06-2009, 09:50 AM #60

Favourites:

Favourites:

kisywisy what are you sorry about... not reading my post properly.? I didn't say "white people aren't racially abused". Eastern Europeans in the UK can attest to that. I was talking about the definition of "reverse discrimination". She got it wrong and you did too.
Old 27-06-2009, 09:54 AM #61
WAHEY

Favourites:

WAHEY

Favourites:

haha Sree's not racist!!!
Kore is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote