Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB10 Big Brother 10 from 2009 was won by Sophie Reade.

Old 02-07-2009, 06:43 PM #76

Quote:
Originally posted by xerophytes
Same as true in real life, I got some friends who are not as well off like me, but I go with them like they are, I don't brag about my riches to them.

btw not to sound pedantic but to me thats a normal statement,to others that may come across as shoving ones wealth in ones face,like i nor alot of other people have posted anything about our riches (i actually do not have none but lets not look in to that right now,credit crunch and all that ya know )

but some may see that as bragging,of course your not but thats all sree did,he may go on about it abit but you do realise its a highlight show,so they may have made it look like he has said it more times than he actually meant to (ie: some asked about his uni or something along those lines)

i dont think your bragging,and i dontthink sree is neither,he simply states look i have a reputation,i am a president of whatever so i cant have people making me look a right tool all the time.. so perhaps its a moot point
tintedshadow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 06:50 PM #77
Banned

Banned

IMO he was putting it on ,Marcus was right in this instance ,he should have shouted the orders out ,mind you i cannot imagine the bimbo doing any better ,but Sree will get the blame for it
BBmassive is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 06:51 PM #78

Quote:
Originally posted by tintedshadow
Quote:
I don't really "hate" Sree. I am just annoyed with his character.

I dislike someone who is arrogant and proud, yet fail almost everytime what he bragged about it. Fair enough, if you are the president of a student council and a student, but shoving up on someone face that he has an educational attainment to someone not is unpleasing to my eyes. Same as true in real life, I got some friends who are not as well off like me, but I go with them like they are, I don't brag about my riches to them.

That is one thing that makes people annoy with him. And this goes long way, since Cairon's time.

I also don't like his threat and retreat attitude. He got no balls. If you want to argue with someone, face him/her and not behind his/her back or recruit a troop to help you argue. Be a man and face your "enemy"!!! Even Noirin is more of a "man" than him!

I don't want to further quote you in your previous post, because I clearly stated my point, and you are just bringing me in circles.

Lastly, he doesn't listen. Often cuts off someone. He just want to speak speak speak speak and think that he is right all the time. He doesn't have any amount of humility. To say, I lost and hand a can of beer is not a shame! He should have done that and perhaps gain some of other housemates respect. I would change my mind if he did that, but sorry, no... he was a tw*t and proven will be.

On the other hand, I don't like Marcus either. In fact, I'm not rooting for anyone, I just find it entertaining for housemates to argue.
alot of truth in this post,but like so what if he doesnt have much confidence to back his talk?maybe he doesnt like violence?maybe hes a passive kind of guy and so saying he has no balls perhaps he would rather talk it out,but his ability to speak gets him in **** to.. and he gets cut off alot when he speaks,when he tried to clear the air with noirin she never let him finish a sentence without interupting him..

that thing with the beer i agree with,but again thats a guy thing not a sree thing,thats called pride.some people are sore losers,sree isnt the only one in the house like that..

i agree with some ofwhat you say but sree is misunderstood.all i can ask is if you for one second imagine you got the chance to be in indian big brother,you lived there for two years things wouldnt be so easy for you right?and language would become a barrier for you as his has for sree. hes not my favourite neither,i just prefer people to be treated equally,whether or not marcus may better at tasks,he doesnt deserve to be treated better or worst than any other..
Nothing is fair in this world.

It was his choice to go to BB. BB is the worst place for fair, peace and equality.

That incidence with Noirin is nothing wrong. Because first, it was a get back to him, he constantly interrupt everyone when they are talking - especially with a statement starting with "but however", and Noirin was right, he is always deviating from the topic. Noirin was direct, she just want a straight answer and not something that is cryptic or philosophical and ended up with cmon-hug-me-please.

When Noirin even asked him, what did I tell you? He doesn't even know! That clearly proves he doesn't listen. If you want to be heard, listen! If you want to boast, prove it. If you want to argue, be a man and face it.
xerophytes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 06:57 PM #79

Quote:
Quote:
Same as true in real life, I got some friends who are not as well off like me, but I go with them like they are, I don't brag about my riches to them.

btw not to sound pedantic but to me thats a normal statement,to others that may come across as shoving ones wealth in ones face,like i nor alot of other people have posted anything about our riches (i actually do not have none but lets not look in to that right now,credit crunch and all that you know )

but some may see that as bragging,of course your not but thats all sree did,he may go on about it abit but you do realise its a highlight show,so they may have made it look like he has said it more times than he actually meant to (ie: some asked about his uni or something along those lines)

i dont think your bragging,and i dontthink sree is neither,he simply states look i have a reputation,i am a president of whatever so i cant have people making me look a right tool all the time.. so perhaps its a moot point
What Sree did is everytime there's an argument, he just put his educational attainment as if his counterpart has a pee-wee brain!

This was not just once or twice, but thrice!!!!!!

To prove:

His argument with Cairon. He went to Diary Room and said something about his university.

His argument with Halfwit. He just put his university in the league of Oxford.

His argument with Siavash. Putting on "social status" and "prestige".

It's like in this debate, if I am Sree, I would definitely tell you that I am more brainy that you, I am more educated, blah blah. I didn't use my "well-offness" in my argument, do I? That draws the line very clearly.
Old 02-07-2009, 07:26 PM #80

Quote:
lol yeah im sure you would fair better if you were in big brother portugal,having lived there for 2 years so you slightly overstand the language but not on the same level as the other 11 people in the house?yes i think you wouldve handled yourself way better
Well, I probably wouldn't be one of the best HMs, but I wouldn't

1) stalk somebody while going on about my impending marriage

2) deliberately seek attention by serving up raw bacon sandwiches and so on

3) get all "oh my virgin ears" when a HM I didn't like swore, then start swearing myself

4) talk myself up as the best at everything then fail spectacularly at everything (apart from jumping across the fairly narrow pool) plus, be a really sore loser

There's only so much you can blame on the language/culture divide, seriously.
Fangz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 07:32 PM #81
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Fangz
Quote:
lol yeah im sure you would fair better if you were in big brother portugal,having lived there for 2 years so you slightly overstand the language but not on the same level as the other 11 people in the house?yes i think you wouldve handled yourself way better

3) get all "oh my virgin ears" when a HM I didn't like swore, then start swearing myself

4) talk myself up as the best at everything then fail spectacularly at everything (apart from jumping across the fairly narrow pool) plus, be a really sore loser

I agree with everything apart from number 1 ,IMO Noirin encouraged him ,she was every bit as bad as him
Old 02-07-2009, 07:36 PM #82

Quote:

Nothing is fair in this world.

It was his choice to go to BB. BB is the worst place for fair, peace and equality.

That incidence with Noirin is nothing wrong. Because first, it was a get back to him, he constantly interrupt everyone when they are talking - especially with a statement starting with "but however", and Noirin was right, he is always deviating from the topic. Noirin was direct, she just want a straight answer and not something that is cryptic or philosophical and ended up with cmon-hug-me-please.

When Noirin even asked him, what did I tell you? He doesn't even know! That clearly proves he doesn't listen. If you want to be heard, listen! If you want to boast, prove it. If you want to argue, be a man and face it.
lol lets take fairness out of it then,your right about sometimes sree interupting people but it happens on to him just as much..

so lets just quickly handle noirin,when noirin spoke to him,she wouldnt let him finish (after the night previos where he wanted to clear the air with good intentions) now sree has a certain process when he speaks,so because he ddnt give a snappy answer she cut in to him each time,then complained that he wouldnt answer her?some people are long winded that way and thats where language plays its part,

english isnt like hindi ( i dont wanna come off patronising here) but in bollywood movies when they speak,the subtitles always have them using some strange random long ass word so they use words in the wrong place because strictly translating word for word doesnt work..like if you would say to a girl,i like you,they would say i have developed emotions of a sexual kind (and it means the same thing but when you translate word for word it sounds foolish)

so he has to speak a certain way,and try and get his point across,again when you say he ddnt listen,i say he ddnt understand.people say some random saying like what goes around comes around and sree turns and honestly doesnt know what it means.so he asks.he couldnt do that during the confrontation with noirin and she did speak pretty damn fast. so he has his flaws yes but he doesnt seem to get the same treatment as the rest..
Old 02-07-2009, 07:40 PM #83

Quote:
Originally posted by Fangz
Quote:

btw he didnt serve raw bacon on purpose,he doesnt usually eat that stuff and he wanted to help out so he cooked.. and the swearing,rodders and angel went on about swearing yet still swear,what sree said was to cairon and siavash regarding talking inapropriately around girls (for him thats how he sees it and no please dont tell me about how he cuddles girls all the time cause then id have to give you a rebuttle telling you he kisses charlie on the lips a fair bit)

but yeh your last comment made some good points,i just dont think we see eye to eye,i say he doesnt talk himself up he simply bigs up his own ego when others put him down which i know most guys do (id be defencive if randoms called me out as useless) but yeh he was a bit of a sore loser still
Old 02-07-2009, 07:42 PM #84
Banned

Banned

He REALLY p!$$es me off when he prays before nominations
Old 02-07-2009, 09:51 PM #85

Sree complained about sophie not doing the ice cream proper...

yet he couldnt answer the phone and remember it.

So he said sophie you answer the phone next time, trying to make him look worse.
30stone is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 07:09 AM #86

Quote:
Originally posted by 30stone
Sree complained about sophie not doing the ice cream proper...

yet he couldnt answer the phone and remember it.

So he said sophie you answer the phone next time, trying to make him look worse.

Hahaha. Exactly. It made him more rubbish than the rubbish he made himself of.
Old 03-07-2009, 07:12 AM #87

He has a brain like a seive.
Jackie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
icecreams, rubbish, sree