Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB3 Chat about Kate, Alex, Jade Goody and anything to do with Big Brother 3!

Old 07-08-2002, 08:17 AM #1

Default Jonny reveals his true feelings about the other housemates

I saw on the RI:SE ticker tape this morning that Jonny has said exactly what he thinks of some of the other housemates in a radio interview.

Alex - "A big girl's blouse"
Sandy - "I hate his guts"
Adele - "A 2-faced manipulator"
Tim - can't remember the exact words he used, but I think boring came into it

There is more on this in today's Daily Express, but I won't be able to read this until lunchtime .....

kaphc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 08:25 AM #2

Favourites (more):
CBB18: Ricky Norwood
Strictly 2016: Greg Rutherford

Favourites (more):
CBB18: Ricky Norwood
Strictly 2016: Greg Rutherford

I saw this on the ticker as well Kaphc

I dont remember what he said about tim

BigSister is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 08:28 AM #3
Administrator

Administrator

This story is also reported on Ananova and in today's Sun Online:

Jonny lashes out at fellow housemates

Big Brother's Jonny has revealed for the first time what he thinks of his least favourite housemates.

He says he wants to give Alex a slap next time he sees him.

And he called Tim "boring" and Adele "two-faced", reports The Sun.

The fireman said of Alex: "I would say he's a woman in a man's body but that would be an insult to women. Some people have a massive chip on their shoulder.

"I'll give him a slap the next time I see him."

Jonny said Tim Culley was "mind-numbingly boring".

"He was a bit of a toff who looks down his nose at people," he said.

And he said of Sandy: "He jumped over the wall because he couldn't handle it. He's even had to change his name.

"I hate his guts now."
Kaz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 10:26 AM #4

I say it's about time he said what he really felt He can't be mr nice guy forever, he's only human, and it must be hard not to get upset. I know it was only a game but in the bb game lots of people end up getting hurt
Amy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 09:31 PM #5
Oldgit

Oldgit

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaz
The fireman said of Alex: "I would say he's a woman in a man's body but that would be an insult to women. Some people have a massive chip on their shoulder.
I'm not surprised about this one. After Wee-gate, and also in the last week, Jonny really went out of his way to get to know Alex, and he thought he had finally succeeded. Imagine how he must have felt when he read Alex's webchat, still banging on about he could never like Jonny because he wees in the shower and it's disgusting.

Jonny is one of those people who tries to like people and see the best in everyone, and the way some people repay him must really hurt, especially when it gets rammed in his face like that.

Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 09:56 PM #6

I say good for Jonny. l think he tried his best to get on with everyone but some people (certainly Alex and Sandy) had made up their minds and formed opinions about him and nothing he did or said was ever going to change that. They didn't want to be seen as backing down - rather pathetic really and says a lot more about their inadequacies than Jonny's.
susieq is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 10:00 PM #7

No more Mr Nice Guy.

I'm not surprised because I thinks it shows how much he was controlling himself and suppressing his personality in the house. He was playing the game big-time.

Jonny knew that if he had a personality clash with someone he had to make it look like he was trying to get on better with them, than they were trying with him.

He knows that 3 out of 4 of the people he is commenting about are not popular with the public so feels safe in putting them down.

He is also reported to have said about Alex that 'He probably hasn't met a genuine guy in his life' and 'I don't think he's got many friends.' He also says that he could have slapped Tim.
James is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-08-2002, 10:03 PM #8

I just think it's a bit sad that we had constant bitching in the house and all we're getting now is even more bitching!

Can't they just be nice to one another for a change?
Janette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2002, 08:46 AM #9

Well said James. We never ever saw the real Jonny. I always found him pathetic anyway. " Oh don't nominate us, it'll make me mam cry, she'll be humiliated". Come on it's only a freaking game, it's not as if he were suffering from some incurable disease, what a complete and utter waste of space. If anyone had a chip on their shoulder it was Jonny. The puppet show proved that. His mocking of Al and Tim only served to show his jealousy of Al's looks, and Tim's upbringing! Big time chip! I also believe it was his fans who booed Adele, which, however you may feel about her, was a totally crass thing to do. My husband always sings the Beck song Loser whenever Jonny's mentioned LOL.
DLS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2002, 04:52 PM #10
Oldgit

Oldgit

At the end of the day, Jonny came second to his best mate Kate, so as far as anyone who slags him off is concerned, it's sour grapes all over again.

From where I was sitting it looked as if he went in there to enjoy himself. And yes, he wanted to be liked, doesn't everyone? In life, you can walk away, in the BB house, unless you're a quitter like Sunita and Sandy, you can't. So you make the choice, and it involves a compromise.

Jonny's fans booed Adele? Jade's fans had equal cause (and don't take that as condoning it). I just think Adele was unpopular generally, which explains the huge vote she got to come out.

The only other explanantion here is that the people are stupid, disproved by the fact that they did not vote for Jade to win, despite the Mirror, Sun and Star all pushing for her.

At the end of the day, Jonny got more votes than Alex, and is more popular than Adele. If you think that's wrong, then you think you are "superior".

Believe me, you're not!

Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2002, 05:19 PM #11

I think that some people take the BB game too seriously.
I believe, like Oldgit, that Jonny went intto the house to have some fun because he watched it on TV last year and looked like good fun to him. But, if he was playing the game, so what? Maybe he didnt want to cause tension in the house, maybe like some viewers he didnt like bitching and back stabbing in the house, he did actually say that in there.
Besides, some of the stuff previous housemates have said about Jonny, I say 'Go Jonny', they were so rude and nasty about him, its about time he put them in their place, people like Adele and Sandy who were constantly cruel for no decent reason.
WILDCHILD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2002, 09:49 PM #12

OK,

Fair points there. I only made a comment on this thread because I think it is, to some extent, unjust to blame Alex for the harsh comments Jonny made in his interview.

Jonny did indeed have a lot of support in Big Brother 3 and, although his remarks about Alex were abrasive, Alex also has a good deal of public support, as well as advertising contracts and the like, so I don’t think it will affect him to much.

The comment in the interview about Sandy is the result of a personal grievance that exists between the pair of them - not something that will change public perceptions. Sandy probably doesn’t care what Jonny, or anyone else thinks about himself anyway.

However, I still wish Jonny had maintained - at least - a dignified silence when it came to Adele and Tim. Those two might struggle in the next few months as a result of being cast, in the view of the public, as the unpopular figures of BB3. Jonny is rubbing salt into their wounds, somewhat, by reinforcing the negative sentiments that are still held about them. Last year, the popular housemates rallied around the unpopular ones, to a certain degree.

Of course - and in Jonny’s mitigation - when Big Brother housemates leave the house, they often find it difficult to go against the flow of public opinion. An example of this was PJ continually being asked on BBLB if he had changed his judgement of Tim - PJ stuck to his guns.

I think it would be nice to see Jonny use his popularity to do the same.
James is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-08-2002, 12:17 PM #13

hmm not too sure about that, When pj came out he was asked if he had changed his opinion of tim and the first thing he said was "well has tim ever slagged me off?" When answered no he said "no i havent changed my opinion on him then"
If someone totally slags you off of course your gonna say osmething back to them even if your are nice. And n e way all jonny said about tim was he thought tim was mind numbly borin which he said to him in the house.
I am not at all suprised that jonny has hit back at the housemates after what was said about him. If i was in his shoes iu would have said a lot more stuf than he said. And the only housemates he did bitch about were the ones that totally slagge doff him so what do u expect him to do?
I mena jade has been slaggin of kate so kates been sayin stuf back to her which is understandble etc..
amica123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
feelings, housemates, jonny, reveals, true