Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB3 Chat about Kate, Alex, Jade Goody and anything to do with Big Brother 3!

Old 18-08-2002, 10:56 PM #1
Banned

Banned

Default What I think of Jonny!

Jonny

Initially thought he was a good laugh, a bit too much in your face but it was early on and you could forgive him that. The constant "lets play a game" was annoying, but I suppose the group was forming he could have been trying to get the group to bond.

Jonny had to be the centre of attention. This was because from day 1 he was in it to win it. He knew the best way to win is to be funny. Which he can be occasionally. If ever there was any one having a laugh he had to join in. He couldn't take a back sit and let other people take the limelight.

It was also obvious he did fancy Kate, as much as he might deny it. Whenever Spencer or Alex were with Kate, he would always try to involve himself, if possible.

In my opinion everybody who was nominated took it well apart from Jonny. He could not understand why people might not like him. (and people called pj arrogant) He changed his behaviour, which no one else did, that's how desperate he was to win it.

He in my opinion was quite manipulative, but because Sandy and Adele sound more intelligent and are more obvious and honest about the manipulation they were castigated for it. Yet no-one noticed Jonny's manipulation because he disguised it in humour and because he doesn't sound as articulate, people dismiss him as not capable of manipulation.

Jonny's humour was waring. In short I think he probably normally is a 'nice' guy but in the words of the 'great' Sandy "your not my cup of tea"

I feel better for that.

What are your thoughts?
bonzobravo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-08-2002, 07:37 PM #2
Oldgit

Oldgit

To me Jonny just seemed like an ordinary bloke who was determined to have a laugh. Agreed he did not take nomination very well, but I don't think he ever "manipulated" people into not nominating him. Remember he got huge majorities to stay in from the public against Lee and Sophie, and in the "four nominations" week hardly registered on the scale. After that week, there were no nominations the following week, and the week after that, when they were down to five, Alex and Tim were nominated because they seemed to put a dampener on things when the other three seemed to want to have fun. So if Jonny did try to manipulate people into not nominating him, it did not work.

I cannot understand this view that because someone did not conspire behind other people's backs, because he did not smile at people then organise against them, and because he wanted to have a laugh, he was somehow up to something!

And even when it didn't matter any more, when only Jonny and Kate were left in the house, he was exactly the same, plotting little craics with Kate as to how to react to the winner's name, with a twinkle in his eye like a naughty little boy, right up to the end.

As to whether he fancied Kate, I'm sure he did, but that does not necessarily mean he would leave his fiancée for her and their brother-sister relationship was almost as sweet, and honest, as the "biggie" in BB2.

Yes he had a plan. It was to treat the whole thing like a 9-week beano and take every opportunity to enjoy himself. The public obviously enjoyed it. What's wrong with that?

Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-08-2002, 07:42 PM #3

I thought Jonny was ACE and i still do I think he had a heart of gold and was just in bb to enjoy himself, but he never thought people would dislike him and took it badly but we are all allowed to make mistakes hey
Amy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-08-2002, 07:46 PM #4
Banned

Banned

I respect your opinions, but strongly disagree. I don't think Jonny's a bad person. I certainly don't hate him. He just got on my nerves, and I hope he enjoys his fame whilst it lasts. Just not on MY TV.
Old 20-08-2002, 08:57 PM #5

Favourites (more):
CBB18: Ricky Norwood
Strictly 2016: Greg Rutherford

Favourites (more):
CBB18: Ricky Norwood
Strictly 2016: Greg Rutherford

I liked Johnny

If it was aq different Big Brother with other people in he would have won

BigSister is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-08-2002, 09:02 PM #6
Banned

Banned

If Jonny had won I would have lost complete faith in the british public. I nearly have already, after all Craig won BB1. Jonny wasn't that funny in my opinion he just capitalised on other peoples humour. I liked Kate but the more time she spent with Jonny the less I liked her.
Old 23-08-2002, 05:52 PM #7

I totally disagree with your opinion to jonny. I thought he was such a top bloke. I dont think he was manipulating anyone. He came into the house as the funny guy or joker ,maybe he was a little over the top but he said himself he was nervous and that was his way of dealin with t he situation... and all his family and his fiance said in interviews when jonny was in the house that to all his mates he's know as the one that makes people laugh etc...
So i think for him to go into the house and the person who he had got on best with to be evicted on week 2 mayb emade him kinda down (as it did kate ) which is understandable AND not just that happenin but also sandy tellin him he didnt like him coz his humour was basic now that probably hit him quite hard considerin he's obviously been told by his mates etc.. that he is really funny (n i think he is too) i mena its likin someone tellin jade they dont like her coz shes loud or alison coz shes fat! So no wonder he stopped actin as the joker coz he probably thought everyone didnt like him considerin he was up for eviction. BUT if he was such a professional housemate he would have stayed bein the joker coz he wouyld know that people like brian normally get the furthest however he didnt and to me that showed that he was human and did have feelings he wasnt puttin up this massive front to the cameras as people say he was. Adele said he was always just clownin around and bein stupid but he wasnt at all he looked after sophie and jade when they were down he was stuck on the poor side for 3 weeks as was kate but yet was always helpin out with cooking etc... but he had a serious side to he was just one big act
and to me him and jade were definately the most changed by the experienceif n e thing jonny went in that house too trustworthy thinkin everyone would just be mates together but it didnt work like that . If n ething i think jonny or maybe jade were the only ones without n e sort of plan. Oh yeah and as for jonny fancyin kate, yes h e admitted he fancied her in the first week but so what if he fancied her he didnt pull her like alex adele and spencer did and when i was watchin bb on e4 he spent most his time talkin about joanne i mena jonny was probs the only housemate to actually come out the house without bein dumped (unlike lee jade and adele)
So i say all the best to him wether he goes back to bein a fireman or whatever, at least he has a respectable job and a fiance that loves him
amica123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2002, 06:06 PM #8
Banned

Banned

Jonny to me was the most irritating housemate, who was too needy. I have respect for his job, and don't think he is a 'bad' person, but I like funny people who also can have other types of serious conversations. Jonny tried to have serious conversations, but without sounding too condescending he ended up sounding 'thick'. I know of many other forums were plenty of people agree with me, but everyone has different opinions.

I remember on one occasion, the group had a set discussion, and Jonny ended up saying I believe in capital punishment, and lots of other stupid ideas. I turned it off in the end because he sums up the typical Brit.

I will leave leave it there!
Old 23-08-2002, 06:10 PM #9
Administrator

Administrator

Welcome to the forum, amica123. Obviously a big Jonny fan!

He wasn't my favourite housemate, but I too wish him all the best for the future whether he pursues a career in the media, or returns to the fire brigade.

I hope you enjoy posting here - I'm sure you'll find it's a very friendly forum. We all have our differences of opinion and differing views on the housemates, but the main thing is that we are all HUGE BB fans.

Kaz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-08-2002, 11:03 PM #10

As soon as I saw Jonny on Day 1 I took an imediate dislike to him!
He to me was put in the house to fill the stereotype of typical Geordie Lad who was by bonus a heroic fireman!
He played up to the cameras, acted like a fool and was always staring at people for ages as if he was analysing them in his head.
He minipulated the public to last as long with his "I'm just an easy going Geordie trying to get on with things".
He to me was a fool and should of been out before Lynne and Sunita!!!
Tonto1278 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-08-2002, 11:07 PM #11
Banned

Banned

We at last agree on something, I might not agree with some of your other posts. But that doesn't mean I don't like exchanging views with you.

Nothing better then a bit of banter, even if it is with a 'Princess Alex' fan

LOL
Old 26-08-2002, 12:27 AM #12

Well thats what this whole forum is for debating not trying to make someone see your point of view until they surrender!
Tonto1278 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
jonny