Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB10 Big Brother 10 from 2009 was won by Sophie Reade.

Old 23-07-2009, 10:19 AM #1

Default Reflections on the \"Pills\" Mystery

There has been some discussion already on the mystery surrounding the message delivered by Big Brother to Kenneth from Karly. The intriguing nature of the message has deepened somewhat with Kenneth's escape from the House in the early hours of this morning. Here, I would like to discuss some of the strange issues surrounding this episode, put to rest some possible misunderstandings, yet pose some baffling questions.

The key mystery here is why Karly would want such a message delivered to Kenneth and why Big Brother would choose to deliver such a message.

Contraceptive pills are very easy to come by from a number of different perfectly legal sources. There has been no indication that there is anything particularly special about the pills supposedly left in the House. Karly could easily get some more, so why be so concerned about gaining access to pills supposedly left in the House?

Given that the makers of Big Brother are undoubtedly aware of the facts in the above paragraph, why did they take the message seriously? Why did they choose to not only pass it on to Kenneth but to show it in a diary room segment? Perhaps they thought it would be good TV; in many ways it was, although this was in part down to the very incongruity of it. However, even given that it might be interesting viewing this benefit would surely have been outweighed by the concern that they were being played somehow by Karly and Kenneth.

I note at this point that it is interesting that Kenneth did not locate any contraceptive pills. It may be that he just could not find them; it may be that Karly was simply mistaken; or it may be that there never were any pills at all. We have no direct evidence for any of these.

Why did Karly wait so long to make her request to Big Brother? I note with interest that, at least as far as we know, it was only after the new HMs failed their task, Kenneth went up for eviction and it quickly became apparent that he would be ousted from the House that this message was delivered. However, I also note that there is absolutely no evidence that these facts are linked in any way.

I note further, while again acknowledging that there is no evidence to indicate this has gone on at all, that a coded message would be easy to arrange even though Karly was not aware that Kenneth was entering the House: through a third party such as a friend, an e-mail left on an account or a voicemail message, for example.

While I try not to get too excited by conspiracy theories, I think some of the points raised above indicate that there are enough odd aspects to this entire affair to ground legitimate suspicions that something odd has been going on here, even if it is just an extraordinary sequence of baffling decisions and ineptitude.
BB22 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2009, 10:23 AM #2

It would have been the easiest thing in the world to get a replacement prescription. How ridiculous... I'm with you BB22, it does seem very suspicious.
Prole is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2009, 10:25 AM #3

Favourites (more):
CBB20: Chad Johnson
CBB18: Stephen Bear

Favourites (more):
CBB20: Chad Johnson
CBB18: Stephen Bear

Get my contraceptives is code for "you are dumped".

Obvious.

Kenny is on his way back to Little USA.
karezza is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2009, 10:25 AM #4

i was thinking also that it was a coded massage from karly for him to leave as he was out on frid
werd13 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2009, 10:27 AM #5

he would have walked anyway because he knew that an eviction would expose his fraud
IsleOfWeather is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2009, 10:30 AM #6

Quote:
Originally posted by karezza
Get my contraceptives is code for "you are dumped".

Obvious.

Kenny is on his way back to Little USA.
Just for the sake of argument, let us say that the pills request was a code of some sort. I do not think it could have had the meaning you specify. As I have tried to make clear, if Karly really did not know Kenneth was going into the House (and I believe she did not know) then the code would have had to have been arranged by Kenneth prior to his entry. It is hardly likely that he would have arranged that particular message.
BB22 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2009, 10:54 AM #7

I might be wrong here but I don't think it is beyond the realms of possibility that Kenneth was on standby to joins the HM's before Karly went in. In that case it could have been a prearranged codeword. I haven't seen the footage since Kenneth went in but I am sure he recognised someone (not Karly) as he entered the house. If that is the case then he must have been at the auditions as a contestant.

I am surprised that the BB producers have been fooled in this way which points to something going on behind the scenes.

Does anyone know the contents of the letter Kenneth received? (Not what he says the contents were as that is likely to be nonsense) If he did in fact receive a letter, I would guess there are only very special circumstances where outside communication can be received.

The plot thickens.
Luanda is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2009, 10:58 AM #8

Favourites:
BBUSA17: John

Favourites:
BBUSA17: John

It seems like it was a message doesn't it?
Maybe she knew that if Kenneth walked then Marcus would be evicted.
Marc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2009, 11:00 AM #9

I don't understand betting at the bookies but I'm 100% sure that Kenneth would only be in the house for money. This whole thing is a money making scam to do with betting.
minx36 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2009, 11:04 AM #10
Lynne

Favourites (more):
CBB17: David Gest
BB15: Chris
Lynne

Favourites (more):
CBB17: David Gest
BB15: Chris

There is definitely something very odd about the whole affair. IF Karly had left her pills in there and couldn't for whatever reason get any replacements then why didn't BB shut off the bedroom, lower the shutter and either send Karly in to get them or one of the production team. Failing that why not ask Lisa to get them as she was Karly's best mate in the house - why ask Ken who had just arrived and wouldn't know where Karly kept anything anyway.

As for the letter all it said was Hi Ken, I'm ok, Karly. What's the point in that and why would she have written it if she didn't know if Ken was going in - or why or earth would BB give it to Ken???

Was someone worried for Ken's safety??? All seems a bit odd to me.
HBB1508 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2009, 05:48 PM #11

There is also the rumour that Karly's letter was found when he looked for the pills. I'm sure Charlie (I think?) said something last night? Maybe I misheard but the letter does not make sense either way; particularly if Karly left the note in the bedroom before she was booted from the living room?

I'm with a conspiracy as at least that livens things up and is more interesting than the Marcus/Tom/Siavash and Snoirin rubbish.
Mutteroo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2009, 05:50 PM #12
Sod orf

Sod orf

rodrigo necked them
and it turned him into a split arse (woman)
Alf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2009, 05:55 PM #13

Favourites:
BB16: Jade
CBB15: Katie Price

Favourites:
BB16: Jade
CBB15: Katie Price

The thing about this subject is that we dont know the full story and may never know it! as everyone knows the show is totally different with LF so we dont know the full story as to what was said when he was in the diary room been told about karlys medication or if a letter had been found! Who knows tho its bb in the end full of secrets this year
clairem43 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2009, 07:48 PM #14

I thought the letter thing (not the pills) was something Ken was planning to do that he told Lisa about.

I think Dan Brown probably knows the answer to this mystery
BJ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2009, 07:57 PM #15
Banned

Banned

IMO ,Karly knew all along that Kenny was going in BB,if you recall yesterday someone who knew him said he had done a bunk 7 weeks ago ? I think this was a pre-planned code between them if things were not looking good ,my opinion ,
BBmassive is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2009, 08:05 PM #16

Hi again.... sorry could not resist.

If and it’s a BIG if Kenneth appears for the BB interview tomorrow night… please pay special attention… for sure he will NOT answer ANY of Davina’s questions directly. He will fanny around, then hum and hay and give a boyish little look skywards as he rolls his eyes upwards and then stoke his chin in a vain effort to look plausible and semi-intelligent .

On a lighter note… he has been spotted today in London’s theatre district. He was attending an audition for a part in the musical …“Fiddler on the Roof” lol

He also applied for a role in the remake of “The Great Escape” he wanted the Steve McQueen role but he could not peddle his little trike fast enough to clear the barbed wire fences..

Enjoy
avon292 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2009, 08:12 PM #17

Favourites (more):
CBB8: Kerry
BB11: Josie

Favourites (more):
CBB8: Kerry
BB11: Josie

he did say asking him to get her pills. was like him asking her for his condoms.

why would you need them so badly if you were being faithfull?

or your out friday...i need to be prepared.

charmingmissc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2009, 08:12 PM #18

There wasnt any letter,he supposedly showed Charlie the letter but Charlie is an idiot and was showin a envelope and that was it,supposedly a black envelope the same 1s that the tasks come in,
Kenny was asked to look for the pills but told the housemates he was looking for a letter then he said he got asked to look for the pills later,the letter was bs,no pills were found so you've gotta ask yourself what was Karly trying to tell Kenny?
My opinion is Karly must know how Kenny would react to that,I think Karly has been pissed at how he has been in the house,downgrading her and the way he spoke about her,I think Karly asked for the pills as if to try and make Kenny jelous and if he is possessive she knows what buttons to hit with him to get a reaction.
So I think it is as simple as games between them both,I actually heard on the livefeed last night that Kenny and Karly were only back together as a couple for 4 days before she went in the house,the were a couple earlier in the year but split and karly got with another guy but 4 days before she enters big brother she cheats from her boyfriend and gets with Kenny.
alchemists1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2009, 08:13 PM #19

He's walked now, does it really matter
amy-jayne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2009, 08:14 PM #20

Quote:
Originally posted by charmingmissc
he did say asking him to get her pills. was like him asking her for his condoms.

I think your spot on karly asking for her pills was like Kenny asking for condoms,karly done this to freak Kenny out,for what reason I dont know but id imagine its cause she's pissed about how he has acted in there.
Old 23-07-2009, 08:16 PM #21

maybe there was no pre arranged coded message and karly isnt on the pill there by the message not making any real sense to him alerted him to the fact that something was up. If what has been written on this forum is correct he had bailiffs and god knows what after him and hes oobviously not a very nice person. We will never find out the truth I also think karly knew he was a standby and I think thats why she stayed under lisas wing when you think about it she did nothing really in the house naybe that was her plan stay in the shadows until kenny came in but it backfired because she went out that night - dont think he should be getting any air time tomorrow either
dbfs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-07-2009, 08:17 PM #22

Quote:
Originally posted by amy-jayne
He's walked now, does it really matter
erm its a forum about big brother and this is a thread to comment on it,so yeah it doesnt really matter but why actually say that in hear,seems a lil styupid if you dont wanna hear about it click to a different thread.
Old 23-07-2009, 08:18 PM #23

Quote:
Originally posted by alchemists1
Quote:

I think your spot on karly asking for her pills was like Kenny asking for condoms,karly done this to freak Kenny out,for what reason I dont know but id imagine its cause she's p****d about how he has acted in there.
because condoms would obviously be saying your being unfaithful because they are just a contraceptive method, but the pill is an ongoing thing you have to take whether or not your having any sexual activity
Old 23-07-2009, 08:19 PM #24

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I think your spot on karly asking for her pills was like Kenny asking for condoms,karly done this to freak Kenny out,for what reason I dont know but id imagine its cause she's p****d about how he has acted in there.
because condoms would obviously be saying your being unfaithful because they are just a contraceptive method, but the pill is an ongoing thing you have to take whether or not your having any sexual activity
K fair enough but the point is there was no pills!
Old 23-07-2009, 08:21 PM #25

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

K fair enough but the point is there was no pills!
Exactly, I think she just did it to wind him up, and get her own back

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
mystery, pills, reflections