Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB10 Big Brother 10 from 2009 was won by Sophie Reade.

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 10:19 PM #1

Favourites:
BB11: Ben

Favourites:
Default Too Hateful

I've realized something over the past week. This forum is way too hateful. Whether it's to Bea or Lisa it doesn't really matter. I think people are becoming way too passionate. Down to the point where people are almost throwing insults at each other because of a few people sitting in a house.

I don't like Lisa or David, but I don't feel the need to post so many hate threads and post on and on about how much I don't like them, Hate is such a strong word for someone you've never even met. Also we don't see everything that goes on in that house either so you're not even seeing them 24/7.

Sometimes I feel bad coming on to this forum because people will make you feel bad for supporting a certain housemate. Like you're lower than others, I'm not sure if this was on here or digital spy but I saw someone repeatedly call someone as stupid as their pet fish because they didn't like Marcus. (or something similar to that) Why is this happening?

I just think people need to calm down, it's just a show and I don't think people sitting in some house for our entertainment should come between forum members in this way.

Maybe I'm looking too much into it, but it does feel that there is so much Hatred floating around this forum sometimes it's suffocating.

(Sorry it's so long)
Old 05-08-2009, 10:21 PM #2
0_o

0_o

Agreed. Far too much hatred.

This could be solved if BB changed the format to vote to save, as well as nominations. This way we would look at the program in a much more positive light, instead of having to find out least favourite and vote them out, we would be supporting someone.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:23 PM #3

:t humbs:

Well done, hun. This is what I've been thinking all week. People need to calm down and realise they are actual HUMAN BEINGS in that house, not caricatures like the producers make them out to be. 'Hating' them is awful - what kind of monsters are we?

Also, why do so many people start up new threads on the SAME topic - there must be hundreds of threads about the argument, dozens of threads about Halfwit losing popularity, dozens of threats about whether Lisa/Halfwit were worse... seriously, POST YOUR OPINIONS IN ONE OF THE EXISTING THREADS, PEOPLE!
Old 05-08-2009, 10:24 PM #4

Thank you for this post ... I really agree.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:28 PM #5
Banned

Banned

i agree too. there are few examples. kisywisy and dennisabre are creating new accounts and try to make me look bad. but on the other hand, they can't win anything. their favs are gone already anyway.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:29 PM #6

Quote:
Originally posted by VickyJ
Agreed. Far too much hatred.

This could be solved if BB changed the format to vote to save, as well as nominations. This way we would look at the program in a much more positive light, instead of having to find out least favourite and vote them out, we would be supporting someone.
absolutely! I totally agree (and I think our paths have crossed in discussions on this before ) everything about BB is too negative, from nominations, to voting, and down to the "get so-and-so out culture". It was funny for a while but has gone too far and is way too negative, which it needn't be. Even housemates could vote for their favourite two to stay in, and those with least votes could be up and we vote to save one of them
Old 05-08-2009, 10:29 PM #7

Favourites:

Favourites:

One thing that really shocked me to the core was when I was looking at the 100 reasons to hate Bea thread, and somebody said because she's still breathing......
Old 05-08-2009, 10:31 PM #8

Hate is a word used too much and is too strong a word but I use dislike instead. People should also be able to express their opinions without the nastiness in the replies. It just isn't necessary and the OP is quite right in that is too hateful on here sometimes and people need to debate in a less nasty way.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:36 PM #9

I agree with the OP. People should be more grown up about this, it is only a tv show after all. It'd be great if people replied to threads started already rather than adding to the multitudes. It becomes ridiculous after a while.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:55 PM #10
Banned

Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Sabrewulf238
One thing that really shocked me to the core was when I was looking at the 100 reasons to hate Bea thread, and somebody said because she's still breathing......
that kinda shows what they are. pure trash.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:59 PM #11

I think the board could do with being more highly moderated - far too many hateful comments remain, but also far too many personal attacks on other forum members.

I think the 'Hate' clubs on here are awful as well.
Old 05-08-2009, 11:49 PM #12
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally posted by HarryRag
i agree too. there are few examples. kisywisy and dennisabre are creating new accounts and try to make me look bad. but on the other hand, they can't win anything. their favs are gone already anyway.
Are you referring to the kisywisy/commonsense thing again - if you are, you are out of order!! I thought it had been made clear to you that kisywisy is not commonsense - you made an assumption - that you got carried away with!

Please don't make it necessary for me to make a complaint about it! You got it wrong - simple as!!
Old 06-08-2009, 12:27 AM #13

Just an idea - shall we (those that agree that hateful comments are bad) all make sure we post in the nice threads, so the hateful threads get pushed down the board?

I think that would be a nice idea
Old 06-08-2009, 12:47 AM #14

totally with you on this.i dont understand how you can hate someone you only know from a hour(or more if you watch LF)a day.hate is such a strong word,and people are getting so wound up,and being insultive to anyone who disagrees with their opinions.there is a lot more to life than BB.i feel that some people just cant look at things objectively,its just so small minded,if i see a post like that i dont bother to reply.i admit to not being big fans of particular housemates,and i dont mind giving my opinions ,but to get nasty with those who dont see my point of view is a total waste of my energy.i prefer to like people,rather than just look for the bad side,and equally,i find fun and laughter much more entertaining than bitching,sniping and fights.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:56 AM #15

Quote:
Originally posted by Sabrewulf238
I've realized something over the past week. This forum is way too hateful. Whether it's to Bea or Lisa it doesn't really matter. I think people are becoming way too passionate. Down to the point where people are almost throwing insults at each other because of a few people sitting in a house.

I don't like Lisa or David, but I don't feel the need to post so many hate threads and post on and on about how much I don't like them, Hate is such a strong word for someone you've never even met. Also we don't see everything that goes on in that house either so you're not even seeing them 24/7.

Sometimes I feel bad coming on to this forum because people will make you feel bad for supporting a certain housemate. Like you're lower than others, I'm not sure if this was on here or digital spy but I saw someone repeatedly call someone as stupid as their pet fish because they didn't like Marcus. (or something similar to that) Why is this happening?

I just think people need to calm down, it's just a show and I don't think people sitting in some house for our entertainment should come between forum members in this way.

Maybe I'm looking too much into it, but it does feel that there is so much Hatred floating around this forum sometimes it's suffocating.

(Sorry it's so long)
Good on ya!
Having a discussion is one thing, but it should not get personal. It's frustrating the best people can do is call you stupid etc when you don't agree with their point of view, I end up ignoring at least 70% of threads as it all gets too hectic.
Old 06-08-2009, 12:57 AM #16

I love a good debate about the housemates. It bugs me when people decide to start insulting your character because you support a certain housemate. I'm not off to cry or anything, but it bugs.
Old 06-08-2009, 01:04 AM #17

Quote:
Originally posted by COMMONSENSE
Quote:
Originally posted by HarryRag
Are you referring to the kisywisy/commonsense thing again - if you are, you are out of order!! I thought it had been made clear to you that kisywisy is not commonsense - you made an assumption - that you got carried away with!

Please don't make it necessary for me to make a complaint about it! You got it wrong - simple as!!
HarryRag, stop making these accusations. They are inaccurate.
Closed Thread

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
hateful