Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB10 Big Brother 10 from 2009 was won by Sophie Reade.

Old 08-08-2009, 01:16 PM #1

Default Briffa \'\' Just because it was predictable doesn\'t make it any less annoying.\'\'

As soon as I read the spoiler I knew she was a gonna. Not just me, either. Once the highlights email did the rounds, Hira became the dead cert favourite to go. The first scene was all about Bea and Lisa, which meant it was either David or Hira to go. And BB preferred David. Suddenly Hira jumped ahead of Bea in the betting, and it was curtains for the girl.

But it doesn't make for great telly, does it?

Every eviction this series has been numbingly predictable. At least last year we had a couple of surprises. The votes tally wasn't too humiliating. 5.65 % with ten up doesn't strike me as bad. Last year, when there were seven up, Mo managed a mighty 1.8% and Kat 4.9%. But so what? A miss is as good as a mile.

It was another tedious interview. They've thankfully dumped the Mad Professor from the panel, and gone for a celeb line-up all the way. Of course they're no more insightful or as funny as the shrinks, but at least we don't have the evictee staring at them like they're speaking a foreign language. Hira played the Mrs. Nice card, refusing to badmouth anybody. To that extent, she wasn't in Rachel's league. Rachel always fought back, which made her such a good winner. Hira played nice, even when it was over. But she'd only been in there three weeks, and she had become the fifth favourite. Another couple of weeks she's surely have rowed with somebody. I was looking forward to that.

Remember Craig, Nadia, Anthony and Rachel? After three weeks, they were nowhere in the betting. People often say it's a shame we always get rid of the Big Characters. Well, a Big Character was often a small character once. They're just biding their time.

The best part of last night's show was Davina's ham-fisted attempt to explain that because it was a vote to save, not a vote to evict, it meant that Hira was voted out not because she was unpopular, but because she wasn't as popular as the rest of them.

Yes, I was convinced. it was the first thing she explained to Hira, so she must have had it planned. It really couldn't have come out any worst.

The second was Davina's steal from Ant ( or is it Dec? ) where she did the "it's not you" routine from "I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here". I presume this was some sort of ironic comment that the show is rapidly becoming "I'm a Nonentity, Keep Me in Here". No nominations, and it's all vote to save. How much easier a show it is to edit! None of those nasty viewers getting in the way, eh?

Bob Mortimer was adamant that Hira was a nice person, but a bad housemate. He said it twice because he didn't have much else to say. Thing is, how could he tell? Anyone who knows anything about the show know that it's the loud characters who make an early, big impression but who rapidly outlast their sell-by date. I was annoyed that Angel left, because I felt I hadn't seen enough of her. I was delighted when Sree went, because I'd seen too much.

If the Big Character rule really applied you'd end up with the likes of Shahbaz, Sree, Maxwell, Science and Kitten lasting right through to the end. How dull would that be?

As dull as this series.

http://blogs.notw.co.uk/bb/2009/08/hira-is-evicted.html
Mickey2009 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 01:21 PM #2
Nothing in excess

Nothing in excess

Shahbaz, Sree and Science were evicted too early anyway. I still stand by my view that the characters are nearly always voted out too early. I am not in the slightest bit convinced that Hira would have made a great housemate if she was given a longer stay.
BB_Eye is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 01:25 PM #3
0_o

0_o

Didnt kitten walk out?

And science should have made the final, definately. Shabaz was crazy

Would still be a better show than a house full of rachels, camerons, hiras etc.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
'', annoying'', briffa, doesn't, make, predictable