Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB10 Big Brother 10 from 2009 was won by Sophie Reade.

Old 12-08-2009, 08:54 AM #51

Quote:
Originally posted by VickyJ
Quote:
Originally posted by ElProximo
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Entervoice
Quote:
Originally posted by tremault
do some more research. panic attacks are different for different people.
True
False.
^^Bollox

They are different for different people, and even for the same person they can have varying degrees of intensity.
In a previous post I compared this to saying "Urination is different for different people'.
Well wonderful!
You would probably add to that "Bollox. there is also different degrees of urination intensity'.

Well researched and well understood:
Panic Response, similar to many other human physiological responses like 'Laughing' or 'Yawning' or 'cold temperature response' are UNIVERSAL for all living human beings.
Yes.
This is not a 'who knows' debate but you only need to:
- be subject to panic attacks (which are not really 'attacks') for a decade,
- spend years studying this physiological miracle
- meet and eventually counsel hundreds of people who experienced these.

Again, you can go ahead and say 'well its different for everyone',
but,
what you have said is as helpful as saying 'digesting food is different for everyone,
or
"well laughing is different for everyone"
or
"well how the body responds to cold temperatures is different for everyone".
Well wonderful. what a great insight.
Meanwhile - all of those things are most definitely going to follow the same principles in all humans.
They are not 'randomly sorted' or to be believed that one person might digest solids in their kidney,
while another squirts insulin on his birthday,
yet another might urinate gasses.

One of THE most fascinating things a new person will encounter the first time they hear detailed testimonies from others in group:
How not only are the physiological symptoms largely the same but even how SPECIFIC thoughts, sometimes even word-for-word the self-talk is between them and others and how exactly identical so many 'interpretations' are between different people.
Which is massively helpful as (for example) they believed that nobody else ever looked at a kitchen knife on the counter and had a scary thought "what if I picked that up and cut myself",
yet,
20 other 'panic attack sufferers' had word-for-word identical thoughts.

Anyways.. I wish you would stop posting deliberately stupid antagonisms at me.
I know you wont but I can dream cant I?
I cant be bothered to read another one of your ridiculously long and usually bullshit filled posts, so answer me this one question. If they are not different for different people, how come some people dont even realise they take them, until afterwards when they are diagnosed, because they are so mild, and others feel like they are having a heart attack? How come some people merely get breathing problems whilst others visibly suffocate? How come some people vomit during, and others dont? Come on mr expert...lets hear you contradict my partners GP
Following a lengthy post the other day "analysing" Marcus' relationship with his "abusive father" I did ask ElProximo for information regarding his competence and professional qualifications.

Unfortunately he has not yet provided it.

Normally I would not ask but I have noticed that ElProximo often posts in a manner suggesting he has a certain professional competence in psychology, greater than the general observations of a layman, so I think it is worth clarifying.
BB22 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 09:03 AM #52

Favourites (more):
BB11: Ben
CBB7: Stephen

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
True
False.
^^Bollox

They are different for different people, and even for the same person they can have varying degrees of intensity.
In a previous post I compared this to saying "Urination is different for different people'.
Well wonderful!
You would probably add to that "Bollox. there is also different degrees of urination intensity'.

Panic Response, similar to many other human physiological responses like 'Laughing' or 'Yawning' or 'cold temperature response' are UNIVERSAL for all living human beings.
Yes.

but,
what you have said is as helpful as saying 'digesting food is different for everyone,
or
or
Meanwhile - all of those things are most definitely going to follow the same principles in all humans.
They are not 'randomly sorted' or to be believed that one person might digest solids in their kidney,

One of THE most fascinating things a new person will encounter the first time they hear detailed testimonies from others in group:
How not only are the physiological symptoms largely the same but even how SPECIFIC thoughts, sometimes even word-for-word the self-talk is between them and others and how exactly identical so many 'interpretations' are between different people.
Which is massively helpful as (for example) they believed that nobody else ever looked at a kitchen knife on the counter and had a scary thought "what if I picked that up and cut myself",
yet,

I cant be bothered to read another one of your ridiculously long and usually bullshit filled posts, so answer me this one question. If they are not different for different people, how come some people dont even realise they take them, until afterwards when they are diagnosed, because they are so mild, and others feel like they are having a heart attack? How come some people merely get breathing problems whilst others visibly suffocate? How come some people vomit during, and others dont? Come on mr expert...lets hear you contradict my partners GP
I find you are often confused about what exactly you think you are 'arguing for or against'.
This means I have to rework your 'objection' so that it becomes something sensible.
Anyways,

You bet - plenty of people do NOT know what is happening to them. No doubt about that!
People very often interpret the physiological responses as 'having heartburn' to 'had too much coffee' to the ever famous conviction they are experiencing a heart attack.
What about that?
Why do you think that is some sort of evidence against anything I have told you?

Fact: There are varying degrees (and I said this before) of intensity of various responses.
YOU are not 'refuting' anything by suggesting that and YOU are only making arguments FOR what Im telling you.
Example:
As hypothermia sets in, everyone will eventually begin to shiver. For some people that will be one of the first and most efficient responses they have.
Everyone will get 'goosebumps' in the cascade of responses but for some it will be one of the last and least noticeable responses.

In a 'panic response' everyone will experience blood leaving their abdomen and going to their limbs.
For some people that will be one of their most efficient and best working most noticeable responses,
and
In panic response everyone gets the 'short shallow rapid' breathing but for some it will be one of their most efficient responses.
It might be that they happen to have poor lung power for a completely different reason (developed bronchitis, smoke a lot ect) and they then find that response (which all panicked people get) will have the 'biggest toll' on them later.

So again, you are saying 'different' in a way that is unhelpful and doesn't even mean anything.
Different degrees?
Yes.. so what is that arguing for or against?
I sweat profusely from my forehead when I am very hot.
So?
Do you think your GP is going to write a paper saying that we have a new discovery - perspiration is 'different' for different people.
Huh?

I swear I would hate to be your husband as you never seem to 'get' what is going on and try and back in confused objections into incorrect spots.
Its bizarre.
Ask him about 'cognitive dissonance' one day too.
ElProximo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 09:04 AM #53

Panic attacks will be different to each person.

Therefore each person having one will react in a different manner.
fredrica is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 09:04 AM #54

AM NOT A FREDDIE FAN, but no-one shd go through what hes going through. WELL ITS EASY FOR YOU TO JUST SIT ON YOUR ASS AND CALL HIM A WIMP COZ YOUR WATCHING.
Remember hes on the receiving end of all this and all he wanted was to clear it up with bea but she keeps going at him.
Its like your galfriend cheating on your and publicly humiliating you.
~And with almost everyone against you, thats a real heavy load on any human being.

SO DONT TRY TO FOOL US ALL WITH THIS STUPID TOUGH GUY IMAGE. GROW UP THIS AINT HIGH SCHOOL.

all of us do have feelings. Freddie is going through hell coz that beatch keeps playing with his mind. yes hes not that clever and hes too trusting.
dnt1234 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 09:08 AM #55
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
True
False.
^^Bollox

Well wonderful!

Yes.

but,
or
or

yet,

I find you are often confused about what exactly you think you are 'arguing for or against'.
This means I have to rework your 'objection' so that it becomes something sensible.
Anyways,

You bet - plenty of people do NOT know what is happening to them. No doubt about that!
People very often interpret the physiological responses as 'having heartburn' to 'had too much coffee' to the ever famous conviction they are experiencing a heart attack.
What about that?
Why do you think that is some sort of evidence against anything I have told you?

Fact: There are varying degrees (and I said this before) of intensity of various responses.
YOU are not 'refuting' anything by suggesting that and YOU are only making arguments FOR what Im telling you.
Example:
As hypothermia sets in, everyone will eventually begin to shiver. For some people that will be one of the first and most efficient responses they have.
Everyone will get 'goosebumps' in the cascade of responses but for some it will be one of the last and least noticeable responses.

In a 'panic response' everyone will experience blood leaving their abdomen and going to their limbs.
For some people that will be one of their most efficient and best working most noticeable responses,
and
In panic response everyone gets the 'short shallow rapid' breathing but for some it will be one of their most efficient responses.
It might be that they happen to have poor lung power for a completely different reason (developed bronchitis, smoke a lot ect) and they then find that response (which all panicked people get) will have the 'biggest toll' on them later.

So again, you are saying 'different' in a way that is unhelpful and doesn't even mean anything.
Different degrees?
Yes.. so what is that arguing for or against?
I sweat profusely from my forehead when I am very hot.
So?
Do you think your GP is going to write a paper saying that we have a new discovery - perspiration is 'different' for different people.
Huh?

I swear I would hate to be your husband as you never seem to 'get' what is going on and try and back in confused objections into incorrect spots.
Its bizarre.
Ask him about 'cognitive dissonance' one day too.
More bollox, as I thought, nothing explained in english, just twisted as usual.

I do 'get' what is going on just fine thank you. Just i have a total opposite view to you. And I am never going to believe your ridiculous attempt at twisting everything over what I was told from my partners GP. Who is qualified, where you are not.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 09:11 AM #56

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Just i have a total opposite view to you.
Really?
Would you like to state your 'view' and then show where it is 'opposite' to a view I have given you?

No. Really. Do not even attempt that.
Thx.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:12 AM #57
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Quote:
Just i have a total opposite view to you.
Really?
Would you like to state your 'view' and then show where it is 'opposite' to a view I have given you?

No. Really. Do not even attempt that.
Thx.

I already have. Check my post history. I dont like repeating myself over and over. like some.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 09:14 AM #58

There is a difference between a panic attack and having a bout of anxiety. Two very different occurrences with similar symptoms. You do not get a mild panic atack, it is unmistakable to the person experiencing it and to onlookers. Those who do not know they are having a panic attack until after the event and diagnosis merely don't know what they are experiencing. A bout of anxiety is simply a feeling of anxiety brought on by a situation. This is what was happening to Halfwit, he behaved like a clown.

My friend has had panic attacks for 30 years and I've seen him have many and believe me no one is in any doubt when one occurs. Halfwits so-called panic attack was in fact a weak man behaving like a big baby because he was challenged with some home truths which he couldn't argue against.

Stop over dramatising something that didn't occur.
Luanda is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 09:45 AM #59

freddie is a whiny little girl!
camertone is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 09:49 AM #60
Account Vacant

Account Vacant

Quote:

Obviously no medical training then.

As panic creates the release of hormones the body goes into a flight or fight mode, the blood is actually diverted away from the digestive system as the survival response is "wont need to digest anything if i die".

The blood is then pooled in the central core where it is enriched with oxygen ready to either run or fight, the blood flow to the limbs is affected only in that the blood going to it is slightly more oxygen rich.

The heart rate and BP is raised and the breathing rate is increased simply to get more oxygen into the body ready for a burst of intense action. CO2 is flushed from the lungs during the panting. This will affect blood PH and create light headedness etc, detachment from reality etc.

In a panic attack, these actions become amplified with no outburst of energy , the panting creates hyperventilation in the lungs leading to dizziness, disorientation etc, this further exasperates the release of hormones creating a vicious cycle.

Blood in the limbs is returned back to the central core by muscular action on the veins, because movement has been reduced, there is often a pooling of blood in the extremities. This further exaccerbates the symproms of hypervolemic shock the body is suffering from.
Shasown is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 09:50 AM #61

Favourites:
BBUSA17: John

Favourites:
BBUSA17: John

oh no.. yo' ass had a panic attack?
Marc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 09:53 AM #62

Quote:
Originally posted by camertone
freddie is a whiny little girl!

you shd know, coz your profile pic sure looks like one
dnt1234 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 09:55 AM #63

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by Shasown
Quote:

As panic creates the release of hormones the body goes into a flight or fight mode, the blood is actually diverted away from the digestive system as the survival response is "wont need to digest anything if i die".

The blood is then pooled in the central core where it is enriched with oxygen ready to either run or fight, the blood flow to the limbs is affected only in that the blood going to it is slightly more oxygen rich.

The heart rate and BP is raised and the breathing rate is increased simply to get more oxygen into the body ready for a burst of intense action. CO2 is flushed from the lungs during the panting. This will affect blood PH and create light headedness etc, detachment from reality etc.

In a panic attack, these actions become amplified with no outburst of energy , the panting creates hyperventilation in the lungs leading to dizziness, disorientation etc, this further exasperates the release of hormones creating a vicious cycle.
Nope, I did not know that much about the details and all you have done is given a much more detailed and technical description of my correct and accurate 'common language' or 'laymans' description of what happens.
So really thanks for verifying what I was saying in more details and confirming I do most definitely know what I'm talking about.
Seriously.. that is what you did here and I actually do appreciate it.
Old 12-08-2009, 09:56 AM #64
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Shasown
Quote:

Have you been on the internet then - looking up Panic Attacks?

You have simply described what a panic attack is! You have not proved that Freddie suffered a panic attack!

You have not - and are unable to diagnose that Freddie had a panic attack! So your point is what exactly!
WOMBAI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 09:57 AM #65

Quote:
Originally posted by mike888
Believe me, from someone who suffered panic attacks for years and years, if all my attacks had been like that it wouldn't have screwed up my younger years so much. That was just attention seeking, and for someone who wants to become a politician yet can't handle an insult from a stupid scheming little wannabee Halwit needs to seriously reconsider his ambition. He really needs to toughen up, he's just coming across as a pathetic little wimp at the moment!
Absolute Bull***t. My daughter get's them, sometimes very mild and sometimes very intense. It all boils down the degree of anxiety and stress at the time.

Freddie has had to endure years of endless discrimination because of his slight afflications which people including the housemates love to pick up on.

Luckily for Freddie he has learnt some very good techniques for combating stress and frustration, hence his deep breathing which annoys a lot of viewers, but only because they are too stupid to realise he does this to calm himself down.

Love Freddie!!
Marzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 09:58 AM #66

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Quote:
Originally posted by mike888
Believe me, from someone who suffered panic attacks for years and years, if all my attacks had been like that it wouldn't have screwed up my younger years so much. That was just attention seeking, and for someone who wants to become a politician yet can't handle an insult from a stupid scheming little wannabee Halwit needs to seriously reconsider his ambition. He really needs to toughen up, he's just coming across as a pathetic little wimp at the moment!
It is easy for you to say that,YOU are not in that house and on the receiving end and forced to be with people like that,freddie is far from a wimp ,imo,it takes a real man to cry,but i guess some wouldn't know that would they?
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:05 AM #67
Account Vacant

Account Vacant

Quote:
Originally posted by COMMONSENSE
You have not - and are unable to diagnose that Freddie had a panic attack! So your point is what exactly!
Simply to explain what happens during a panic attack.

Personally I think for a variety of reasons that he was in fact faking it for sympathy. I wasnt there at the time, so i can only go off what evidence was available to me on the TV, including avalaible history, recovery etc.

And no it wasnt looked for on the internet, i have a little experience in that sort of field.

The duty medical staff at the studio would have made a call whether to intervene or not, in this case it looks as if they didnt intervene, Endemol normally inform the audience during the program ......... received treatment by on site staff. Thats their call not mine.
Shasown is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
arse, attack, freddie, panic