Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB10 Big Brother 10 from 2009 was won by Sophie Reade.

Old 23-08-2009, 09:59 AM #26

So, let me get this straight (no pun intended, honest).........

Charlie wants to become a father.
He wants this to happen while he's still quite young.
He's gay.

So, what he really wants is to become a 'sperm donor' for a woman who wants to be a 'single mother' and thus become a 'part-time father'?

Or does he envisage a 'relationship of convenience' where he shares a home-life with a woman and child/children while both of them feel free to pursue romantic relationships outside the family home?

I'm really sorry Charlie, even with the very best of intentions, I can see somebody getting hurt eventually - no matter how much you want children.

Children are NOT a life-style accessory like a new mobile phone, latest pair of trainers or the newest piece of technology - they actually DESERVE a life-time commitment (meaning the parents lifetimes not just their own) from at least one, preferrably BOTH, parents.
olliebeak is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2009, 10:00 AM #27
El Cockroach

Favourites (more):
BBUSA25: Cory
BBCanada 9: Rohan

El Cockroach

Favourites (more):
BBUSA25: Cory
BBCanada 9: Rohan

Quote:
Originally posted by olliebeak

He's gay.

So, what he really wants is to become a 'sperm donor' for a woman who wants to be a 'single mother' and thus become a 'part-time father'?

Or does he envisage a 'relationship of convenience' where he shares a home-life with a woman and child/children while both of them feel free to pursue romantic relationships outside the family home?

I'm really sorry Charlie, even with the very best of intentions, I can see somebody getting hurt eventually - no matter how much you want children.

Children are NOT a life-style accessory like a new mobile phone, latest pair of trainers or the newest piece of technology - they actually DESERVE a life-time commitment from at least one, preferrably BOTH, parents.
I fell bad for the kid!
DrunkerThanMoses is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2009, 10:03 AM #28

Quote:

He's gay.

Children are NOT a life-style accessory like a new mobile phone, latest pair of trainers or the newest piece of technology - they actually DESERVE a life-time commitment (meaning the parents lifetimes not just their own) from at least one, preferrably BOTH, parents.
What a load of sh1t, how many women every day do this. But suddenly when a man wants to do it, no, no, no, no, no. No, I'm not gay or sticking up for Charlie etc. just for what's right. Some people really do need to open their minds.
BlackOrWhite is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2009, 10:04 AM #29

What is the difference, do you think, between a heterosexual couple conceiving "just to get a child", and, for example, a couple consisting of two homosexual males enlisting the assistance of a happy and willing female surrogate in order to have a child?

you can't have your cake and eat it

people have accepted his way off life.he should accept the FACT that two males DONT HAVE children
lucifer1968 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2009, 10:07 AM #30

Quote:
Originally posted by lucifer1968

people have accepted his way off life.he should accept the FACT that two males DONT HAVE children
They do! There's no difference between a heterosexual couple that can't have children doing something to get a baby than their is a gay couple doing it.
Old 23-08-2009, 10:13 AM #31

Quote:
Originally posted by BB22
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I have already identified two ways. I still don't see what the problem is.
having sexual intercourse with women
provide sperm for insemination.

i said moral way
You hit the nail right on the head, the OP clearly has a issue with homosexualitiy or either wasn't thinking 2 clearly. Hetrosexual men and women have been having chidren just because they want children for years without even contniuing with the relationship. No differrence for a gay man if the woman is willing!!! and the Jeremy Kyle isuse is ridiculous, how many hetrosexual single parents always end up that show? too many!!!!!!

You think having sex and using insemination techniques is "immoral"?
for a gay male to use insemination techniques to fetch a child into the worldYES
What about a heterosexual couple using artificial insemination techniques if they cannot conceive normally?
that's the moral way
So the problem you have with it is the homosexuality, rather than the methods.
it's your ****** up way of thinking that's destroying society
Curious. Up until this point we have merely been discussing what it is you think. And up to this point I have made no explicit moral judgement on anything. I fail to see why you have suddenly become annoyed.
it's your moral judgement that's getting me annoyed.you seem to be saying that it's ok for him to go get a girl pregnant or use insemination techniques just to get a child. i have no problem with his sexuality but if he's GAY then he shouldn't expect to have children. unless he was adopting
Actually I had made no moral judgement on any matter in any of my posts, as anyone who reads this thread can freely observe. As I pointed out, we were discussing what it is you think on the matter and I was asking a series of questions to clarify your position precisely.

Now, let's move on with that.

What is the difference, do you think, between a heterosexual couple conceiving "just to get a child", and, for example, a couple consisting of two homosexual males enlisting the assistance of a happy and willing female surrogate in order to have a child?
biggiupdee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2009, 10:14 AM #32

Quote:

you can't have your cake and eat it

Well, we have already established that you have no objection to gay males adopting children. You said that in an earlier post. Yet there seems to be some conflict between that statement and your latest post.

Let's clarify your position:

You have no moral objection to gay males adopting children.

You have no moral objection to heterosexual couples conceiving using insemination techniques.

You do have a moral objection to homosexuals employing a willing female to act as a surrogate and employing insemination techniques to conceive a child.

A further question: let us imagine a heterosexual couple, in which the female is unable to bear and carry a child, would you have any moral objection to said couple employing a willing female to act as a surrogate and employing insemination techniques to conceive a child, which would be carried by the surrogate but raised by the couple?
BB22 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2009, 10:15 AM #33

Quote:
Originally posted by BlackOrWhite
Quote:

They do! There's no difference between a heterosexual couple that can't have children doing something to get a baby than their is a gay couple doing it.
man and woman = child
man and man = sore bottom
Old 23-08-2009, 10:18 AM #34

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

man and woman = child
women are taking it up the b-m now adays LOL
biggiupdee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2009, 10:19 AM #35

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

man and woman = child
You've completely ignored what I said because you know you're completely wrong. Do you have a problem with surrogacy when a heterosexual couple can't have children?
Old 23-08-2009, 10:21 AM #36

:l augh2:
Old 23-08-2009, 10:22 AM #37

Quote:
:l augh2:
You're a *****ing idiot, I'm done with trying to reason with you. Pathetic.
Old 23-08-2009, 10:35 AM #38

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

man and woman = child

+ karma
Nigeria_Bob is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2009, 11:07 AM #39

Quote:
Quote:

He's gay.

What a load of sh1t, how many women every day do this. But suddenly when a man wants to do it, no, no, no, no, no. No, I'm not gay or sticking up for Charlie etc. just for what's right. Some people really do need to open their minds.
I agree with you - too many WOMEN do this as well without thinking about it first.

I will repeat that it's not right - for ANYBODY to deliberately put their own 'desire to have a child' before the long-term need for the child to have life-long love and stability.
olliebeak is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2009, 12:12 PM #40

What a lot of talk stemming from a fairly vague statement by Charlie. He can't actually have a child until he gets through puberty....
mangasatsuma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2009, 12:17 PM #41
Queen Nikki ♥

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Patsy Kensit
I'maCeleb2014: Jake Quickenden
Queen Nikki ♥

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Patsy Kensit
I'maCeleb2014: Jake Quickenden

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by calyman
Yes, your not aware there are many Gay Parents in Britain today.
so you think he should get a girl pregnant just so he can have children that end up on jeremy kyle
You are insecure. Charlie FTW
BBfan46 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2009, 12:20 PM #42

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

He's gay.

I agree with you - too many WOMEN do this as well without thinking about it first.

I will repeat that it's not right - for ANYBODY to deliberately put their own 'desire to have a child' before the long-term need for the child to have life-long love and stability.
Little point being rational with the willfully irrational but you make good posts.
Taijitu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2009, 01:59 PM #43
Mmmm Delicious!

Mmmm Delicious!

Not trying to be controversial but I don't agree with gay parents. 2 gay men raising a child isn't right imo
Dolphin-and-Whale is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2009, 02:03 PM #44
Platinum Member

Platinum Member

Quote:
does Charlie know he's GAY?
I think the fact that he won Mr Gay Newcastle 2007 and was runner up in Mr Gay UK, may have given Charlie a bit of a clue about his sexuality.
CaudleHalbard is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2009, 02:15 PM #45

I don't see a problem with Charlie being gay and having kids. I actually think the problem is he is still a kid himself - he needs to do some growing up before even considering becoming a parent. Imagine his child throwing a tantrum during 'the terrible twos', what is he going to do maybe immatate it and wind it up, then say 'I didn't do anything' like he does with Rodrego, who, lets face it, behaves like a two year old!
lisank is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2009, 02:53 PM #46
Freaky?? Yessir!

Freaky?? Yessir!

Turkey baster.
DaniBoi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2009, 03:04 PM #47

Favourites (more):
BB12: Jay
CBB8: Jedward

Favourites (more):
BB12: Jay
CBB8: Jedward

i'm actually suprised there are still people that think this is wrong!! the OP seems to be very immature.

as long as the child has parents/parent to love and raise the child, there is no problem.

if infertile couples can 'cheat' nature by conceiving through IVF etc, then so should gay couples.
kisywisy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2009, 03:04 PM #48
the kids we used to be

Favourites (more):
BB11: Ben
X Factor 2010: Aiden Grimshaw
the kids we used to be

Favourites (more):
BB11: Ben
X Factor 2010: Aiden Grimshaw

:| He can adopt?
CaraRawr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2009, 03:06 PM #49

Quote:
Originally posted by kisywisy
i'm actually suprised there are still people that think this is wrong!! the OP seems to be very immature.

as long as the child has parents/parent to love and raise the child, there is no problem.

if infertile couples can 'cheat' nature by conceiving through IVF etc, then so should gay couples.
Completely agree. And if women who are 60, 70 some even nearing 80 years old can now have children, why can't people of different sexual interests, which is all it is, a different interest. It doesn't reflect on someones parenting skills in any way.
Old 23-08-2009, 03:06 PM #50
Too glam to give a damn

Too glam to give a damn

god charlie is weird
Braden is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
charlie, gay, he's