Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB10 Big Brother 10 from 2009 was won by Sophie Reade.

Old 28-08-2009, 06:58 AM #51

Favourites (more):
BB11: Ben
CBB7: Stephen

Favourites (more):

Quote:
You're killing me this morning, btw would you shave all your hair off so a friend can go on holiday?
You bet I would. Marcy's offer wasn't even that. It was just his ponytail and for enough for the winner to take him and every other HM on a holiday!
But I'd do more to send just one friend for a week anywhere they wanted.
No doubt.
Siavash took a much worse task and did so happily!
ElProximo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-08-2009, 07:04 AM #52

Quote:
Originally posted by ElProximo
Quote:
You're killing me this morning, btw would you shave all your hair off so a friend can go on holiday?
You bet I would. Marcy's offer wasn't even that. It was just his ponytail and for enough for the winner to take him and every other HM on a holiday!
But I'd do more to send just one friend for a week anywhere they wanted.
No doubt.
Siavash took a much worse task and did so happily!
How on earth did Siavash have a worse task???he changed clothes, that's it!!!!
Viper29 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-08-2009, 07:11 AM #53

Marcus realises that Big Brother is simply playing games and that no matter what anyone does the prize fund is likely to be one hundred grand again by the end of the series.

On that basis I think the OP and its follow-up posts fail.

I suspect that once again he has out-thought Big Brother... and many of his critics on this forum.
BB22 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-08-2009, 07:16 AM #54

Quote:
Originally posted by BONNEIP
He thinks he's going on Friday. He loves his hair...why didn't they ask Siavash to do the same thing....doubt if he'd have shaved his head & terrible beard off. Marcus is not motivated by money....or rewards...easy come, easy go. his attitude greed is an ugly trait.

he will be interesred in a german car though he is selfish
jadore212 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-08-2009, 07:17 AM #55

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by BB22
Marcus realises that Big Brother is simply playing games and that no matter what anyone does the prize fund is likely to be one hundred grand again by the end of the series.

I suspect that once again he has out-thought Big Brother... and many of his critics on this forum.
BB is a game,if Marcus doesn't want to play it,he should not have gone in,and the bigging him up as outsmarting everyone in sight is frankly embarassing
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-08-2009, 07:22 AM #56
Ssshhhhh....

Favourites:
BB14: Callum
BB13: Deana
Ssshhhhh....

Favourites:
BB14: Callum
BB13: Deana

Quote:

Yep you beat me to it. The prize fund will still be 100k. Im sure that was in the contract they all
signed. BB is just playing and as we all know Marcus doesnt play their game.
RtooDee2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-08-2009, 07:23 AM #57

Quote:
Originally posted by kazanne
Quote:

BB is a game,if Marcus doesn't want to play it,he should not have gone in,and the bigging him up as outsmarting everyone in sight is frankly embarassing
There's playing a game, ie doing tasks for food budget, nominating for eviction etc, then there's changing his physical appearance for a task that means nothing to him. He didn't enter the house for that and I'm sure he most certainly didn't sign up for that
Viper29 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-08-2009, 07:36 AM #58

Quote:
Quote:

Actually I am on record on this forum as stating that I see undermining and attempting to outplay Big Brother as being itself part of the game, since Big Brother ultimately retains power in the House.

I am entirely consistent on this and have said it several times in relation to Siavash's refusal to nominate, defending him on several occasions against people who have criticised him.

So, as you can see, I am entirely consistent on such matters and have made several arguments in relation to the nature of the "game" and the "meta-game". I would say, on that basis, that your accusation that I was being "embarrassing" lacks merit.

And, I really would be grateful if people would not jump on the bandwagon of using patronising emoticons in response to articulate posts. I think it brings the entire forum down and would never do it myself on that basis.
Old 28-08-2009, 07:56 AM #59

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Actually I am on record on this forum as stating that I see undermining and attempting to outplay Big Brother as being itself part of the game, since Big Brother ultimately retains power in the House.

I am entirely consistent on this and have said it several times in relation to Siavash's refusal to nominate, defending him on several occasions against people who have criticised him.

So, as you can see, I am entirely consistent on such matters and have made several arguments in relation to the nature of the "game" and the "meta-game". I would say, on that basis, that your accusation that I was being "embarrassing" lacks merit.

And, I really would be grateful if people would not jump on the bandwagon of using patronising emoticons in response to articulate posts. I think it brings the entire forum down and would never do it myself on that basis.
I see the game differently,it is a difficult few months which people have to overcome obstacles set by BB to come out the other side as the victor,and imo,people are usually grateful that they have been given this once in a lifetime opportunity,No one is bigger than BB even though they think they are,it smacks of big headedness and I think to be saying a housemate can outsmart ANYONE is imo embarrasing,there are some articulate posts on here to which I rarely will use an emotion unless it's a thumbs up.And to talk and swear at someone who could be potentialy going to give you Ł100,000 is bliddy ungrateful
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-08-2009, 08:05 AM #60

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I see the game differently,it is a difficult few months which people have to overcome obstacles set by BB to come out the other side as the victor,and imo,people are usually grateful that they have been given this once in a lifetime opportunity,No one is bigger than BB even though they think they are,it smacks of big headedness and I think to be saying a housemate can outsmart ANYONE is imo embarrasing,there are some articulate posts on here to which I rarely will use an emotion unless it's a thumbs up.
So we see the game differently. I am glad we have established that. To be honest, going further and attempting to establish which conception of the game has greater merit is far beyond the scope of this thread, even if there is a fact of the matter to be established, of which I am dubious.

Nobody said there was a Housemate who could "outsmart ANYONE". I think you misread my initial post as it does not say that. Further, as I have said, my position is entirely consistent on these matters and I have defended other Housemates in line with this consistent position.

To be honest, following your latest post, though it is well expressed, I am losing a proper conception of exactly what it is that is supposed to be "embarrassing". It just seems to be a general criticism of my position, no more than that. And since we have already established that we have a basic disagreement then it does not add much to the debate.
Old 28-08-2009, 08:15 AM #61

Marcus said he doesn't give a **** about the money and now we know in this case really, he doesn't give a ****. He could of however contributed to a little prize fund for the winner if you think of it that way but who cares?

At everyone saying "I wouldn't do it"

Course you ****ing would. 15k for cutting a little bit of hair, damn right. Marcus obviously doesn't care less about money. After this, I feel that Marcus does not have a game plan at all. Why would he want to win the show if your not in it for the money? Marcus has been a great housemate and more housemates should be like him. Be yourself, act your own way and not be in it to win it.

Played Marcus, most people would of bitten at the opportunity at 15k but you didn't. At least if Marcus doesn't win, no other ****wit gets the prize fund like Lisa or Charlie.
Combo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-08-2009, 08:15 AM #62

Favourites (more):
CBB8: Kerry
BB11: Josie

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I see the game differently,it is a difficult few months which people have to overcome obstacles set by BB to come out the other side as the victor,and imo,people are usually grateful that they have been given this once in a lifetime opportunity,No one is bigger than BB even though they think they are,it smacks of big headedness and I think to be saying a housemate can outsmart ANYONE is imo embarrasing,there are some articulate posts on here to which I rarely will use an emotion unless it's a thumbs up.And to talk and swear at someone who could be potentialy going to give you Ł100,000 is bliddy ungrateful
people are grateful when they are given food and shelter when they are destitute.

not for a few grand at the end of a game show, where all those that are still there now, know if they are astute enough they have the potential to make a lot more than 15 grand.

also the producers choose who enters the house, therefore they know the type of person marcus is and what his reactions are going to be.

it took me a couple of weeks to choose a favourite and of course that is marcus, for all his faults and his whole personality.

whether he stays tonight or not he is a great housemate,
and i have enjoyed watching him far more than the plastic cutouts that are left.
charmingmissc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-08-2009, 08:20 AM #63

well siavash and sophie wouldnt do it and i doubt rodrigo would and the others are bald
luminoussun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-08-2009, 08:24 AM #64

Favourites:
BBUSA17: John

Favourites:
BBUSA17: John

Well can you blame him.. he's probably going today so theres no need to cut it off
Marc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-08-2009, 08:26 AM #65

Quote:
Incredible.
It really amazes me to see someone so selfish, so spiteful and even so stupid as to blow 15 thousand to keep their ugly ponytail. It even grows back!

Lets put it this way. Suppose you know you are going on Friday. Fine. You know it. You will NOT win the money.
BUT,
At the very least you know that one of your fellow HMs is going to win it. You know none of them are wealthy and all of them could use the money. AT LEAST you leave knowing at least one of them can go home with 15K more.
Who else is going to get it - Big Brother who you claim to dislike and has enough.
Unbelievable.
To me it becomes so inexcusable as to almost become like burning someones money. Taking 15K from their pocket to spend on a ponytail.

Its STUPID because, he (pardon the word play) but he cut off his nose to spite his face.
Or did NOT cut his hair and kept spiting his face errr.

This may very well have won him a way into the final!
For starters his physical appearance would have become 10 times less revolting,
and,
he would be seen in a 'journey' story of becoming a man putting away childish things,
and,
obviously even people who think he is disgusting might be able to say:
"Hey.. he is rude but I will give him credit he did the right thing to make sure someone else benefitted".

Yikes.. he blew it and even though he had boos coming to him this ought to double the deserved boos.

He 'punked' himself and exposed himself. With all this talk about how he is a loyal and trustworthy knight etc and this guy took 15 thousand for his vain little ponytail.
Superficial, selfish, spiteful and downright stupid!

Lisa hasn't been selfish, spiteful or rude.
yousoboo! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-08-2009, 08:30 AM #66

Your posts are soooooo boringly repetitive its almost like hearing an old vinyl record that stuck!

trucker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-08-2009, 08:37 AM #67
Tripping Not Genuflecting

Tripping Not Genuflecting

Quote:
Originally posted by yousoboo!
Quote:
Incredible.
It really amazes me to see someone so selfish, so spiteful and even so stupid as to blow 15 thousand to keep their ugly ponytail. It even grows back!

Lets put it this way. Suppose you know you are going on Friday. Fine. You know it. You will NOT win the money.
BUT,
At the very least you know that one of your fellow HMs is going to win it. You know none of them are wealthy and all of them could use the money. AT LEAST you leave knowing at least one of them can go home with 15K more.
Who else is going to get it - Big Brother who you claim to dislike and has enough.
Unbelievable.
To me it becomes so inexcusable as to almost become like burning someones money. Taking 15K from their pocket to spend on a ponytail.

Its STUPID because, he (pardon the word play) but he cut off his nose to spite his face.
Or did NOT cut his hair and kept spiting his face errr.

This may very well have won him a way into the final!
For starters his physical appearance would have become 10 times less revolting,
and,
he would be seen in a 'journey' story of becoming a man putting away childish things,
and,
obviously even people who think he is disgusting might be able to say:
"Hey.. he is rude but I will give him credit he did the right thing to make sure someone else benefitted".

Yikes.. he blew it and even though he had boos coming to him this ought to double the deserved boos.

He 'punked' himself and exposed himself. With all this talk about how he is a loyal and trustworthy knight etc and this guy took 15 thousand for his vain little ponytail.
Superficial, selfish, spiteful and downright stupid!

Lisa hasn't been selfish, spiteful or rude.
lol thats funny! cheers thats made my day
hennessy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-08-2009, 08:51 AM #68

I love how the OP berates Marcus for, what in effect boils down to "not cutting off his hair to give the money to Charlie's poor sick mum" -whilst openly supporting a benefit scrounger like Lisa. If people like Lisa got off their lazy arses and worked, the state would be able to look after Charlie's mum much more comfortably.
Esqualita is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-08-2009, 09:00 AM #69

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by Esqualita
I love how the OP berates Marcus for, what in effect boils down to "not cutting off his hair to give the money to Charlie's poor sick mum" -whilst openly supporting a benefit scrounger like Lisa. If people like Lisa got off their lazy arses and worked, the state would be able to look after Charlie's mum much more comfortably.
I love how you have a 'two wrongs make a right' type of morality where any behavior can be justified by finding some other more reprehensible behavior.
"Yea sure my brother spit on that homeless person but last week someone elses brother kicked the same homeless man in the face so..."
but,
In this case your retarded morality doesn't even get its fact straight.
Lisa is employed and generating more cash into the UK economy than you ever have and probably ever will in your entire lifetime.
Seriously.
however,
That is neither here nor there to justify why Marcy decided to give Big Brother (who he pretends to hate) the right to keep the money,
instead of guaranteeing it goes to at least one of the HMs in the house instead.
By a simple 'sacrifice' of a superficial outward fashion style he could grow back anyways.

Oh and thank Lisa the next time you take advantage of a hospital. She has a job generating and even bringing money INTO the UK in numbers that should astonish you,
and,
She was amazingly generous and concerned towards whoever would win missing out on the prize money and wanted to do whatever she could in her part to help them get it.

Unlike selfish superficial little piece of shlt poor-excuse-for-a-man Marcy the self-bumlicker.
*who would spend it on toy dolls btw.
Old 28-08-2009, 09:08 AM #70

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Quote:
I love how you have a 'two wrongs make a right' type of morality where any behavior can be justified by finding some other more reprehensible behavior.
"Yea sure my brother spit on that homeless person but last week someone elses brother kicked the same homeless man in the face so..."
but,
Lisa is employed and generating more cash into the UK economy than you ever have and probably ever will in your entire lifetime.
Seriously.
however,
That is neither here nor there to justify why Marcy decided to give Big Brother (who he pretends to hate) the right to keep the money,
instead of guaranteeing it goes to at least one of the HMs in the house instead.
By a simple 'sacrifice' of a superficial outward fashion style he could grow back anyways.

Oh and thank Lisa the next time you take advantage of a hospital. She has a job generating and even bringing money INTO the UK in numbers that should astonish you,
and,
She was amazingly generous and concerned towards whoever would win missing out on the prize money and wanted to do whatever she could in her part to help them get it.

Unlike selfish superficial little piece of shlt poor-excuse-for-a-man Marcy the self-bumlicker.

you have truly lost the plot.

thankyou for my daily laugh fix..(although i should not really laugh at people like you,but i cannot help it)

: joker:
charmingmissc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-08-2009, 09:09 AM #71

[quote]Originally posted by Marcjswp
Well can you blame him.. he's probably going today so theres no need to cut it off [/quote
Patricia4 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-08-2009, 10:02 AM #72

Quote:
Quote:
but,
Seriously.
however,

and,

I hereby award you "Eejit of the week". hearty congratulations.
Esqualita is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-08-2009, 10:32 AM #73

El Proximo,

Since you started this thread, the ENTIRE HOUSE has been given the opportunity to earn money for the prize fund by swimming laps in the pool. And they refused. So are you now going to go on an equally vehement diatribe against the rest of the housemates? Or do you just criticize those you dislike while ignoring the same behavior in those you like? I believe they have a word for people who do that, btw.
Cybele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-08-2009, 10:50 AM #74

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally posted by Cybele
El Proximo,

Since you started this thread, the ENTIRE HOUSE has been given the opportunity to earn money for the prize fund by swimming laps in the pool. And they refused. So are you now going to go on an equally vehement diatribe against the rest of the housemates? Or do you just criticize those you dislike while ignoring the same behavior in those you like? I believe they have a word for people who do that, btw.
Why do you keep going back to this 'relative morality' and what sort of STUPID philosophy supposes that anyone must prosecute ALL wrongdoers in the world or NONE at all?
How do you get through life?

Deal with Marcy. He gets to stand or fall on his own by his own actions,
and,
His were undoubtedly selfish, pathetic and he chose to take 15 thousand from one of his fellow Housemates and give it to Big Brother..
..because his ponytail is too important.
What a little wimp.
A superficial selfish phony little wimp.

Siavash is wearing a womans dress that actually shows him 100 times the real man than Marcy.
Old 28-08-2009, 11:18 AM #75
Account Vacant

Account Vacant

Hey proximo, how goes the dance lessons? (Whooo sharp intake of breath there eh?)

Incidentally why do you never actually answer questions directed at you, instead you turn it round and just make another accusation.

Are you still taking the medications? Maybe time to return to your health care practitioner and ask him/her to up the doseage.
Shasown is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
betrays, marcus, ponytail, shame, ugly