Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB10 Big Brother 10 from 2009 was won by Sophie Reade.

Old 04-09-2009, 11:06 AM #1

Default The Speeches (part one)

It was a tearful night last night as the housemates shared speeches after their farewell dinner.

David volunteered to go first, and stood up at the head of the table. "I'm not crying," he informed the group first.

"Firstly guys, I'd just like to thank you all for accepting me when I came in halfway," he said graciously. "Not judging me at times when I've been a bit quiet and miserable. I'd like to thank obviously Big Brother for giving me the opportunity of a lifet-"

At this point David was rudely interrupted by an announcement from Big Brother, which gave Sophie such a fright that she screamed.

"This is Big Brother. The hatch is now open for housemates to collect champagne for the speeches."

A cheer went up.

"I just smacked my leg on the table," said Sophie sheepishly.

"You scared the **** out of me!" Siavash told her as David poured the champagne.

He then wrapped up his speech: "Thank you for making my experience ten times better than it already was."

"Thank you for accepting us, crazy the way we are," Rodrigo told him. "It wouldn't have been the same without you."

Charlie was next to stand up and say a few words. "Thank you so much," he told the group. "You have made us so proud to say I've been in the House with you all. I want to say thank you to everyone really - to the men behind the cameras, Big Brother who stays up really late when I'm drunk and I'm chatting. To everyone - they've obviously seen something in me, and I'm so flattered."

He joked, "I've had me times where you must have thought 'He does me head in'. You could've got rid of me in week one. I'm so grateful for the opportunity - me mam would be so proud. I can't thank you enough. Cheers to everyone. Big Brother 10," he finished, looking very emotional.

To Big Brother 10!
Mickey2009 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 11:10 AM #2
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

Surprised Charlie didn't say I'd like to thank Rodrigo, Sophie and David!!
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 11:31 AM #3

PART TWO

Charlie's farewell dinner speech was so impressive that nobody really wanted to go next. After ten minutes of the housemates chatting aimlessly, Big Brother took the situation in hand by announcing, "This is Big Brother. If housemates don't get on with their speeches, their desserts will get ruined."

Sophie hastily hopped off her chair to make her own speech. "I'd just like to say that if I had to pick anyone to be in the final with, I'd pick you four," she said warmly. "All of you have been my favourite housemates. Charlie you're really nice. Siavash you're such a lovely guy and people will love you on the outside. Rodrigo, your laugh and everything - you're like my best friend, and you'll be my best friend on the outside. David I think you're so, so funny."

"My speech isn't making any sense," she added, laughing. "But I'm so glad I'm in the final and thank you everyone for being so nice to me."

After more clinking of glasses, it was Siavash's turn.

"Let's keep it short and sweet," he declared. "13 weeks: we made it. Honestly I never would have dreamed to make it this far. It's been an experience, it's been up, it's been down. I have my own way of thinking, but when you get out you'll see that I was just doing what I thought I needed to do. Every single one of us deserves to be in here and we're here for a reason. I'm just so proud to be here with you guys. Cheers."

And finally, it was Rodrigo's turn to take centre-stage.

"I just want to say thank you very much for all of you, and for Big Brother to choose me to be here," he told the housemates. "I think to be on the show, for me, means acceptance from the country. I don't need to repeat anything about all my love for the country. To be here on the show was the opportunity to say to all the British people how much I love it here. Thank you so much Big Brother. I feel so happy. I enjoyed it 100 percent."

As the housemates raised their glasses one last time and David congratulated Rodrigo on his "beautiful" English, Siavash looked as though he was having a lightbulb moment.

"This is the first time I actually realised we are in the final!" he shouted. "We've done it!"

Congratulations housemates. But who is going to walk out a winner? As usual, you decide - so get voting!

Mickey2009 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
part, speeches