Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB10 Big Brother 10 from 2009 was won by Sophie Reade.

Old 07-09-2009, 01:11 AM #1
Banned

Banned

Default Isn't it Quite Easy for People to Fix Big Brother Results?

I've been reading stories about betting scams regarding Rachel's win last year, where Mikey was ahead with 5 mins left and then there was a big surge of votes that grabbed Rachel the win.

With viewing figures and voting figures at an all time low, isn't it a lot easier to fix the result? You can bet plenty of money, then just keep calling and calling, thus swinging the result.

I don't think it's right that you're able to call as much as you want. There should be a limit or fairer system in place.
AhmedFan2004 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 01:12 AM #2
Account Vacant

Account Vacant

Yeah but then Endemol wouldnt rake in anywhere near the amount. A bit naive that post.
Shasown is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 01:15 AM #3

Scores of night cleaners in London office blocks get paid for using the phones to call premium rate lines. Scams like this are used for all voting TV shows.
Luanda is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 01:15 AM #4
Banned

Banned

[rquote=2551782&tid=147072&author=Shasown]Yeah but then Endemol wouldnt rake in anywhere near the amount. A bit naive that post.[/rquote]
Yes I know that, it's a given, but kinda puts the whole voting thing to questioning. I mean how do we even know that Sophie is more popular than other HMs? In theory, her fans, or betting scammers, may have just rung loads and loads.

Maybe Rodrigo had the most fans, but they weren't as crazy to keep calling all day. You can never really.

5 years ago, it was a lot more reliable.
Old 07-09-2009, 01:17 AM #5

Yep, it's all about cash but the show is ending anyway (on C4 anyway). I think they should change how many times you can vote for the last series.
keithafc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 01:19 AM #6
Banned

Banned

[rquote=2551789&tid=147072&author=keithafc]Yep, it's all about cash but the show is ending anyway (on C4 anyway). I think they should change how many times you can vote for the last series.[/rquote]
It just seems farcical really, one HM may have more fans but they may just not have voted as hard, or couldn't afford to. Or weren't deemed suitable for all the betters hoping to scam.

There should be a limit in place. They'd be better off charging Ł3 per call, but only 1 call per phoneline per HM.

The idea of calling and calling seems stupid.
Old 07-09-2009, 01:19 AM #7

You would need to be pretty sad and desperate to vote vote and vote over 100 times for a show like BB which only 2 million people the actual final. Complete waste of money.
Old 07-09-2009, 01:20 AM #8
Classic

Classic

Did we have text votes aswell few years ago?
andyman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 01:21 AM #9
Banned

Banned

[rquote=2551793&tid=147072&author=keithafc]You would need to be pretty sad and desperate to vote vote and vote over 100 times for a show like BB which only 2 million people the actual final. Complete waste of money.[/rquote]
Some people do though, and betting scammers have an easier time now due to dimishing voting and viewing figures.

Kenneth/Karly put big money on Sophie, you can bet that they were hammering the phonelines too.

Vash fans and the posh ones in London were voting hard.

I actually doubt that Rodrigo has less fans than the 4 above him tbh.
Old 07-09-2009, 01:23 AM #10
Banned

Banned

[rquote=2551796&tid=147072&author=andyman]Did we have text votes aswell few years ago?[/rquote]
Yes I think so. It just seems stupid really, you end up in situations where HMs with more fans can actually be voted out or finish lower than they deserve. The voting is easier to manipulate nowadays too.
Old 07-09-2009, 01:24 AM #11

Can anyone please explain to me why you would spend money on constantly voting for your favourite housemate? That is just insane and quite weird.
Luanda is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 01:26 AM #12
Banned

Banned

[rquote=2551804&tid=147072&author=Luanda]Can anyone please explain to me why you would spend money on constantly voting for your favourite housemate? That is just insane and quite weird. [/rquote]
Loads of people do. But ultimately my point is, it makes the whole system very questionable, and it's possible to swing results. It's not purely about no of fans, but about how many votes you get. Fanatics may vote loads and loads.
Old 07-09-2009, 01:58 AM #13

To be fair most forum polls predicted the results pretty much as they came out,there were no cries of fiddle anywhere
merv is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 02:07 AM #14
Focus

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
DOI 2018: Kem Cetinay

Focus

Favourites (more):
CBB21: Ann Widdecombe
DOI 2018: Kem Cetinay

Oh Ahmed your always questiong things,
but yeah I see what you mean,
but I think its safe to say Sophie & Siavash had the most fans.

But, this betting scam might have been tried against David, who had the best outcome in terms of betting on him, and thats why he came 3rd? I cant see him having more fans than Charlie & Roddy, but you never know.
Jords is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 02:16 AM #15
Account Vacant

Account Vacant

Why do you think they didnt bring in voting online and on sky this year? Its all about money

Its dead simple, they know people will redial for their favourites, they have monitors set to look for automated repeat diallers on telephone lines but with sky and online its a little bit harder to scam, and most people would be put off multiple voting either online or on sky.

It is also easier to give BS answers about votes cast and counting systems when its telephone votes,
Old 07-09-2009, 02:44 AM #16
Banned

Banned

[rquote=2551870&tid=147072&author=merv]To be fair most forum polls predicted the results pretty much as they came out,there were no cries of fiddle anywhere[/rquote]
I'm saying it's open to manipulation and it's not purely about no. of fans. And the forums were definitely off, Vash got far fewer votes in the end than forums suggestd, and forums never predicted David would get 3rd, only 1.3% behind Vash. The %'s were way out. But anyway, let's not get sidetracked.
Old 07-09-2009, 02:47 AM #17
Banned

Banned

[rquote=2551875&tid=147072&author=-BB~Jordan-]Oh Ahmed your always questiong things,

But, this betting scam might have been tried against David, who had the best outcome in terms of betting on him, and thats why he came 3rd? I cant see him having more fans than Charlie & Roddy, but you never know.[/rquote]
I'm not so sure that Siavash had more fans than Roddie or Charly tbh. The %'s were all close, so it's easy to swing it if one set of fans vote a little harder than the other. On facebook for example, Vash isn't that popular and he did get many boos.

I agree about David though. But then that's testament to how easy it is to swing it. I don't think Siavash had many fans outside forums.

But hey, we'll never know, because of the voting system. Maybe Roddy had tons of fans who didn't re-dial all that much.
Old 07-09-2009, 03:05 AM #18
Account Vacant

Account Vacant

[rquote=2551892&tid=147072&author=AhmedFan2004][rquote=2551875&tid=147072&author=-BB~Jordan-]Oh Ahmed your always questiong things,

But, this betting scam might have been tried against David, who had the best outcome in terms of betting on him, and thats why he came 3rd? I cant see him having more fans than Charlie & Roddy, but you never know.[/rquote]
I'm not so sure that Siavash had more fans than Roddie or Charly tbh. The %'s were all close, so it's easy to swing it if one set of fans vote a little harder than the other. On facebook for example, Vash isn't that popular and he did get many boos.

I agree about David though. But then that's testament to how easy it is to swing it. I don't think Siavash had many fans outside forums.

But hey, we'll never know, because of the voting system. Maybe Roddy had tons of fans who didn't re-dial all that much.[/rquote]

I love the way you quote someones opinion of % as proof of your points when in fact it only proves that you will jump on anything posted online to back yourself up, would you care to give accurate figures or facts for once in your life?
Old 07-09-2009, 03:35 AM #19

[rquote=2551899&tid=147072&author=Shasown][rquote=2551892&tid=147072&author=AhmedFan2004][rquote=2551875&tid=147072&author=-BB~Jordan-]Oh Ahmed your always questiong things,

But hey, we'll never know, because of the voting system. Maybe Roddy had tons of fans who didn't re-dial all that much.[/rquote]

I love the way you quote someones opinion of % as proof of your points when in fact it only proves that you will jump on anything posted online to back yourself up, would you care to give accurate figures or facts for once in your life? [/rquote]
To be honest, i actually agree with everything he has said in this thread. He is pretty much spot on regards to this.

The voting can EASILY be manipulated. For example, Marcus could well of had more fans than Siavash (i think he did by a good bit), yet Siavash fans most likely voted hard. I'd say there was properly fans who voted over 80 times per phone which is just insane. So it's not really a sign of who is the favourite or popular but which fanbase can manipulate the voting system.

I still think Marcus was robbed and the system obviously abused.
Old 07-09-2009, 03:51 AM #20
Account Vacant

Account Vacant

[rquote=2551903&tid=147072&author=keithafc]
To be honest, i actually agree with everything he has said in this thread. He is pretty much spot on regards to this.

The voting can EASILY be manipulated. For example, Marcus could well of had more fans than Siavash (i think he did by a good bit), yet Siavash fans most likely voted hard. I'd say there was properly fans who voted over 80 times per phone which is just insane. So it's not really a sign of who is the favourite or popular but which fanbase can manipulate the voting system.

I still think Marcus was robbed and the system obviously abused.[/rquote]

I can agree entirely with you on that keith however thats not the stance that Ahmedfan had on Saturday morning, according to him Sophie won because she was widely more popular, not because her fans voted more often than any others.

The system is open to abuse and is therefore in no way perfect however it produces the opportunity which allows people to think they will help their favourite by voting more and helps to swell endemols and Ch4's coffers.

He does however tend to change opinion more often than a ragtime female wicket keeper changes her pads, and quotes one opinion to back one point then a different opinion to back the counter point a few hours later. All without any facts.

He cites "facts" like Siavash is not liked on facebook and received boos(on facebook?). How can he claim that Siavash is not liked on Facebook?
Old 07-09-2009, 07:09 AM #21
0_o

0_o

[rquote=2551798&tid=147072&author=AhmedFan2004][rquote=2551793&tid=147072&author=keithafc]You would need to be pretty sad and desperate to vote vote and vote over 100 times for a show like BB which only 2 million people the actual final. Complete waste of money.[/rquote]
Some people do though, and betting scammers have an easier time now due to dimishing voting and viewing figures.

Kenneth/Karly put big money on Sophie, you can bet that they were hammering the phonelines too.

Vash fans and the posh ones in London were voting hard.

I actually doubt that Rodrigo has less fans than the 4 above him tbh.[/rquote]

Oh my god...you are one of those people that you are twisting about!

Or you are a liar...whichever, its a bad thing.

You said you voted hundreds of times for lisa and david to stay, and on other evictions also. In fact, every eviction you have said you have voted 100 times or more
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 07:14 AM #22

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB22: Nick Leeson

Favourites (more):
BB19: Lewis F
CBB22: Nick Leeson

Its up o fans how much they want to vote, but now with less people watchinga nd voting, a big group of us on forums could change the result if we really tried but during BB1-BB7 that was impossible to do as we had text voting up until after BB7. Its been estimated that ever since text voting was scrapped, about 70% of the votes were gone. Most people voted by text.However if we did have text voting this year, it would have defenitley been Charlie or Roddy that would have won.

*mazedsalv** is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 07:14 AM #23
0_o

0_o

[rquote=2551891&tid=147072&author=AhmedFan2004][rquote=2551870&tid=147072&author=merv]To be fair most forum polls predicted the results pretty much as they came out,there were no cries of fiddle anywhere[/rquote]
I'm saying it's open to manipulation and it's not purely about no. of fans. And the forums were definitely off, Vash got far fewer votes in the end than forums suggestd, and forums never predicted David would get 3rd, only 1.3% behind Vash. The %'s were way out. But anyway, let's not get sidetracked.[/rquote]

Which proves, that if there WAS some betting scam in place, that it was David it was in favour of. People got him at 100/1 and voted s**tloads to try and get him the winner so they could win maybe hundreds of thousands.

But you are being paranoid,as normal and trying to see things that arent there, I think anyway.

If there was anything dodgy going on, it was with david...he SHOULD have finished 5th. He was set to finish 5th all week, and roddy and even charlie were way more popular than him, so if I was you, since you like bleating on everywhere that david came 3rd, I would stop all this betting scam nonesense, as it just proves exactly WHY he got third instead of 5th, doesnt it? In YOUR world at least, if you actually believe this nonsense you write.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 11:07 AM #24

I doubt there is any large scale organised betting scam. However people who place bets can and do influence the result because they are voting to win a bet rather than have a favourite house mate win.......

Those lucky enough to have got good odds can also afford to throw votes at the desired winner ....

It's hard to prove but I believe betting is mostly responsible for surprise evictions that seem to go against public opinion......Right through out any series of BB........

Also in previous years I have read of some claiming they have spent their house keeping money to vote out who they hate......

BB and madness often share the same bed.....Sadly.......
bananarama is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 11:43 AM #25

other h/m/s lines were closed on final day but they still got charged for it.three times i got through and they says out of order.being mugged off again.big bro biggest betting scammers with paddy power.hundreds of thousands these feckers pocketed.endemol look into phone vote once again sick of been (RIPPED OFF)by this false no good for anything fixed show.
alan1965 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
big brother, easy, fix, isn't, people, results