Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Music This forum is for discussing artists, singles, albums, the charts and anything music-related.

Old 23-09-2009, 11:00 PM #1
Team Flack

Team Flack

Default Pop's reputation

Right this is a ramble so if I get all confusing well I'm sorry.....

Pop music as much as it is loved by a lot of people is also ridiculed by a lot of people.If you love pop music,then you don't have 'taste'. Now I argee that you should have a little variety in listening to music and give everything a chance. But music should be about fun and enjoyment. It shouldn't be about worrying what other people think or whether you have good taste or not. If I want to listen to Britannia High songs I damn well will

But why is that if you're supposed to have a good 'taste' in music you have to listen to all these absurd bands,people should listen to whatever they want,taste is induiviual.

Now I love the kings of pop my lovely boys Take That who mainly get quite praised in music land,but a lot of other people get ridiculed and its stupid! We should all just like what we like,have fun and get on with it!

Oh god that was a ramble! Anyone argee with that if they have clue what I was on about? :P
Princess is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-09-2009, 11:06 PM #2
ELECTRA HEART

Favourites (more):
BB13: Lauren
The Voice 2012: Vince Kidd
ELECTRA HEART

Favourites (more):
BB13: Lauren
The Voice 2012: Vince Kidd

HAHA!! that was one hell of a ramble

I agree though theyre is to much critism in music if that was what you were getting at hehe.

Damaris is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-09-2009, 11:07 PM #3
Team Flack

Team Flack

[rquote=2602071&tid=148049&author=Damaris]HAHA!! that was one hell of a ramble

I agree though theyre is to much critism in music if that was what you were getting at hehe.

[/rquote]

Yeah that was the basis of it :P
Old 23-09-2009, 11:08 PM #4
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
BB7: Nikki

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

I know what you mean

Apparently all pop is crap and I should listen to weird bands with weird names to know what real music is

No thanks
Scarlett. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-09-2009, 11:09 PM #5
Team Flack

Team Flack

See I thought this was hyprocitcial but I more dislike people than dislike their music,not just dislike their music

Woop Chewy
Old 23-09-2009, 11:10 PM #6

If you make good music, I'm a fan regardless of the genre.

Pop music is mostly kiddy and corny, thats why a lot of people hate on it.
BBUK4LYFE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-09-2009, 11:12 PM #7
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

I agree, I listen to allsorts of music, I dont let genre stop me, and if I want to listen to Barbie Girl I will (as my college class knows )
Old 23-09-2009, 11:13 PM #8
OAP Member

OAP Member

Music should make you happy, it shouldnt matterr what you like! I have a secret confession, I like AQUA! Now coming from someone who is into punk and rock thats a hard confession! I also like the B52's cause they make me smile!
bansheewails is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-09-2009, 12:28 AM #9

[rquote=2602051&tid=148049&author=Princess]Right this is a ramble so if I get all confusing well I'm sorry.....

Pop music as much as it is loved by a lot of people is also ridiculed by a lot of people.If you love pop music,then you don't have 'taste'. Now I argee that you should have a little variety in listening to music and give everything a chance. But music should be about fun and enjoyment. It shouldn't be about worrying what other people think or whether you have good taste or not. If I want to listen to Britannia High songs I damn well will

But why is that if you're supposed to have a good 'taste' in music you have to listen to all these absurd bands,people should listen to whatever they want,taste is induiviual.

Now I love the kings of pop my lovely boys Take That who mainly get quite praised in music land,but a lot of other people get ridiculed and its stupid! We should all just like what we like,have fun and get on with it!

Oh god that was a ramble! Anyone argee with that if they have clue what I was on about? :P [/rquote]

yAYA!
I totastically agree!
I hate all of this pretentious crap about music that you get from everywhere!
Yes, these people may be mind-blowingly amazing genius types,
But there is times where I don't want to sit and slit my wrists and just want to dance to a piece of music that's happy and is what it is.

If I want to god damn dance to If You Seek Amy, I god damn will dance to god damn If You Seek Amy!
MiuMiu is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-09-2009, 12:31 AM #10
Team Flack

Team Flack

WOOP MiuMiu

I HATE that Take That get recognised enough for having talent,they ALL write their songs(not just Gary Barlow as a huge majority of the media still seem to think),they can all sing,all dance(well not Gary really but he tries his best :P),they cna all play instruments and they put on unbelievable live shows. And just because they're a pop band,they don't get acclaimed as much as they should!
Old 24-09-2009, 12:48 AM #11
Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Favourites (more):

Pop music is popular for a reason. If musicians were so brilliant and worth listening to then they'd be popular too. Unfortunately a lot of what IS popular is popular amongst very disgusting people
Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-09-2009, 12:51 AM #12
Team Flack

Team Flack

What do you mean disgusting people Shaun? Who??
Old 24-09-2009, 12:51 AM #13
Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Favourites (more):

Ż\_(ツ)_/Ż

Favourites (more):

Like...Cascada, JLS and La Roux getting number ones this year
Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-09-2009, 12:53 AM #14
Team Flack

Team Flack

Well JLS have fans as mental as Thatters so yeah,expect more Number 1's :P I thought you meant like disgusting people as in horrible people liking the music,lol!
Old 24-09-2009, 06:19 AM #15
Frozen

Favourites (more):
X Factor 2013: Sam Callahan
CBB 11: Rylan Clark

Frozen

Favourites (more):
X Factor 2013: Sam Callahan
CBB 11: Rylan Clark

banshee I love AQUA too I am getting there greatest hits next week.

No matter how much critism my Queen of Pop gets I will still love her, critism made her what she is today.
Harry! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-09-2009, 10:20 AM #16
Z

Z

I hate people who indulge in musical snobbery. Pop music is popular; people who say you have no taste because you listen to it are, I believe, on some levels bitter that their favourite music isn't popular. Pop music is a huge genre too; raging from the really cheesy stuff to mainsteam stuff that's in the charts at the moment. It has to be said though, people who rubbish all other types of music because they love pop (e.g. saying everything other than pop is crap) are just as bad for having tunnel vision when it comes to music. I'm not a fan of hardcore screamo music; but I certainly don't think my music taste is better than somebody who does like it!
Z is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-09-2009, 10:33 AM #17
I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I Love my brick

Favourites (more):
BB19: Cian
IAC2018: Rita Simons

I like rock music and am not really a Pop music fan, having said that, when I'm driving with the radio on I'll sing away to all of them!! Pop music is catchy and fun and I would never say somebody had no taste for listening to it. Also, I have to admit, I love the new Take That!! Was never a fan first time round but I think they're great since they made the comeback
Niamh. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-09-2009, 11:39 AM #18
ad augusta per angusta

ad augusta per angusta

Pop music can easily be manipulated and exploitive to the easily impressionable. It can easily be a melody and a rhythm and then all you need is some sex appeal and a marketing campaign and you fool people.

Now, the difference between that and real musicians are people who play instruments, write musics and lyrics and can also perform. This isn't easily manipulated.

So for an afficionado of music, they'll take the two and on the one hand he or she will have a pop track which was made by different producers, different writers, different musicians and different singers - so about 25 or 30 people worked on a song but the people with the image get the credit - but then on the other hand you have a rock track that usually has a band or a singer, a producer, mixer and an engineer and maybe sometimes some invited musicians but that's now and again.

So it's a different between authenticity of the music and who makes that song.

For me the most credible person in Pop today is easily Lady Gaga. Easily musically talented and easily a great performer and writer as well so I have a lot of respect for her. The least credible for me is the big massive disgusting manipulation machine that is Beyonce. No, she cannot dance. No, she cannot sing. No, she cannot write. No, she has little musical knowledge. No she is not talented. It's all about her appealing to a market of RnB fans and women who want to slap men who did them wrong.

For the record, I do listen to all kinds of music and I won't knock a piece of music but I will knock the artist and I will nock the record company.
MassiveTruck is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-09-2009, 11:40 AM #19

Favourites:
X Factor 2010: One Direction
X Factor 2009: Lloyd Daniels

Favourites:
X Factor 2010: One Direction
X Factor 2009: Lloyd Daniels

ILY Princess <3
I agree with what you said some people seem to think you only have good taste if everything you listen to is unknown bands or indie.
Twilight is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-09-2009, 06:17 PM #20
OAP Member

OAP Member

[rquote=2602350&tid=148049&author=Harry.]banshee I love AQUA too I am getting there greatest hits next week.

No matter how much critism my Queen of Pop gets I will still love her, critism made her what she is today.[/rquote]

Madonna will always be up there with the greats, because she made the 80's and 90's something different and new!
bansheewails is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-09-2009, 06:23 PM #21
Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

Senior Moment

Favourites (more):

[rquote=2602489&tid=148049&author=MassiveTruck]Pop music can easily be manipulated and exploitive to the easily impressionable. It can easily be a melody and a rhythm and then all you need is some sex appeal and a marketing campaign and you fool people.

Now, the difference between that and real musicians are people who play instruments, write musics and lyrics and can also perform. This isn't easily manipulated.

So for an afficionado of music, they'll take the two and on the one hand he or she will have a pop track which was made by different producers, different writers, different musicians and different singers - so about 25 or 30 people worked on a song but the people with the image get the credit - but then on the other hand you have a rock track that usually has a band or a singer, a producer, mixer and an engineer and maybe sometimes some invited musicians but that's now and again.

For me the most credible person in Pop today is easily Lady Gaga. Easily musically talented and easily a great performer and writer as well so I have a lot of respect for her. The least credible for me is the big massive disgusting manipulation machine that is Beyonce. No, she cannot dance. No, she cannot sing. No, she cannot write. No, she has little musical knowledge. No she is not talented. It's all about her appealing to a market of RnB fans and women who want to slap men who did them wrong.

For the record, I do listen to all kinds of music and I won't knock a piece of music but I will knock the artist and I will nock the record company.[/rquote]I was going to disagree with you, but then your comments on Gaga and Beyonce hit the spot

I find Beyonce's music the most off the shelf manufactured crap I have ever listened to (no offence to fans, personal opinion)
Old 24-09-2009, 06:31 PM #22
Team Flack

Team Flack

[rquote=2602489&tid=148049&author=MassiveTruck]Pop music can easily be manipulated and exploitive to the easily impressionable. It can easily be a melody and a rhythm and then all you need is some sex appeal and a marketing campaign and you fool people.

For the record, I do listen to all kinds of music and I won't knock a piece of music but I will knock the artist and I will nock the record company.[/rquote]

Take That only had like 4 other writers,one producer and a band,I can't stand Lady GaGa as a person,I think shes a complete diva
Old 24-09-2009, 09:03 PM #23
can't nobody hold us down

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: Joe McElderry

can't nobody hold us down

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: Joe McElderry

I'm sorry but how can you say Beyonce can not sing?

-this is directed at who ever made that post-
MarkWaldorf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 24-09-2009, 11:15 PM #24
ad augusta per angusta

ad augusta per angusta

[rquote=2603393&tid=148049&author=MarkWaldorf]I'm sorry but how can you say Beyonce can not sing?

-this is directed at who ever made that post-[/rquote]

She sounds like a fog horn. That's why. It's not a voice - it's a toleration.

Take away all the marketing where we have her videos and her image forced down our throats by her publicists and she'd be akin to the next person we'll hate on Big Brother.

If she did that dancing on the Single Ladies video on Big Brother, the ratings of the show will go through the roof as people tune in to laugh at her booty shaking.
MassiveTruck is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
pop's, reputation