Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB7 Discuss what winner Pete Bennett, Glyn, Aisleyne, Nikki and the other BB7 housemates are doing now, and all that happened in Big Brother 7.

Old 04-02-2006, 05:29 PM #1

Default 1,000 attend Big Brother audition + Producer Interview

More than a thousand people turned up today to audition for the new series of Big Brother.

The hopefuls, some in fancy dress, queued for up to four hours to get a chance to sell themselves to producers in the Big Brother diary room chair at the SECC in Glasgow.

One participant even sported a Dalek costume in a bid to get noticed by a team of producers involved in the selection process.

This is the first of the auditions for Big Brother 7, with others being held across the UK in the next few weeks.

A smaller audition process, using a special casting coach, will kick off in the Highland city of Inverness tomorrow.

It is the first time auditions will have been held so far north.

Any successful Scots from the auditions will be called back to go through a further selection process alongside people from other parts of the UK, with the lucky few set to appear in the house at the end of May.

Craig Nichol, 25, from Edinburgh, was sporting a flashing tiara for the event.

He said this was his third attempt to get on the Channel 4 show.

He said: "I`m feeling very confident this time. The thing is just to be yourself and have a laugh.

"If they don`t want you then it`s their loss.

"The crowd here today are very good, everyone is getting on."

Mum-of-two Pamela Lambert, 41, from Glasgow, had brought along a fold-up chair to rest on while she waited.

She said: "I`m feeling quite positive. I was in Edinburgh (for the audition) last year.

"I want to bring a bit of maturity to the house. I`ve got a bit of life experience and I have travelled a lot as well.

"I`ve only been here about an hour but it is moving along quickly.

"I don`t think anyone that`s come out of Scotland onto Big Brother has been particularly positive. Most have them have been really narky and moody."

Rory Brisby, 20, a trainee nightclub manager based in Glasgow, had been queuing outside the SECC since 6.30am this morning.

Speaking after his audition he said: "I expected it to be really busy but there weren`t that many people there. Then people starting arriving between 8am and 9am and then there were absolutely hundreds.

"We had a CD player and everyone was dancing. There was guy dressed up as Tweety Pie, a guy dressed up as a caveman, it was crazy.

"I`ve been told I can`t say too much but there are a lot of different things you have to do. It`s what you`d expect them to ask. I got through a couple of stages and it was good fun, a good experience."

"It`s something you can only do once, Big Brother is always different every year and you don`t know what they are going to throw at you."

Executive producers Claire O`Donohue and Paul Osborne, himself from Cumbernauld, said they were delighted with the turnout.

Paul said: "There are about 1000 people who have turned up so far. We`ll meet everyone though.

"Anyone that stands out and impresses the producers in anyway will get through and does a one minute diary room with Big Brother.

"There`s been a hula girl and a couple of chickens. There are some great people in the queue, there are great people every year from Scotland.

"It would be brilliant to have a Scot in the house, We`ve had loads before but we don`t do a geographical spread from the UK, we`re looking for the best housemate.

"Hopefully there will be a stand-out Scottish housemate but we`ll have to wait and see."

The producers could not reveal any secrets about the upcoming series, but promised it would be filled with "twists and turns".

"We`re hoping to make it the biggest and best," Paul added.
Arneldo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 05:39 PM #2

oooooooooo! Im sooo excited!
BB-Rocks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 08:24 PM #3
Legendary Senior Member

Legendary Senior Member

Great! It starts here folks!

By the way, these people who turn up in fancy dress or do some bizarre things will never be picked. Just be yourself, be honest and be lighthearted about it.

I still say they should bring back the video auditions though.
cc100 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 08:30 PM #4

aww no video auditions i always like them
Siouxsie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 08:35 PM #5

yeah scooby but we get to see there propa open auditions

its better cos bb4 did the home videos and you konw how that came out with
Corkie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-03-2006, 05:22 PM #6

yeah and they can watch a lot personalities more closely in real life 2 c whether theyre suitable or nt!
krissybabe06 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
000, attend, audition, big brother, interview, producer