Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

View Poll Results: Which party do you want to win ?
Labour 9 26.47%
Labour
9 26.47%
Liberal Democrats 11 32.35%
Liberal Democrats
11 32.35%
Conservatives 12 35.29%
Conservatives
12 35.29%
Other 2 5.88%
Other
2 5.88%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 29-04-2010, 04:40 PM #26

Favourites:
X Factor 2009: John & Edward

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by angus58 View Post
Pray tell in what way the Labour Party will move this country forward? They've done ***** all in the last 13 years except land us deep in the sh*t.
Well your view is wrong. Labour have done so much in many different aspects over the last 13 years. Research it. You might be surprised. They haven't been perfect. No government is ever perfect.

They didn't lead us "deep in the ****" and it could have been a lot deeper if it hadn't of been for Brown's actions.

An election is about looking to the future, not the past. I don't care what Blair did, what Major did, what Thatcher did or what any PM did previously. I'm interested in which party has the best plan for the next 5 years
Think. Who really is going to be the best at dealing with the economy in the next 5 years? I would say Labour everytime.
Spike is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-04-2010, 04:50 PM #27
Frozen

Favourites (more):
X Factor 2013: Sam Callahan
CBB 11: Rylan Clark

Frozen

Favourites (more):
X Factor 2013: Sam Callahan
CBB 11: Rylan Clark

If Labour win then....

*facepalm*

Harry! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-04-2010, 04:55 PM #28
Take me to the hole!

Favourites (more):
Apprentice 2019: Ryan-Mark
BB18: Raph
Take me to the hole!

Favourites (more):
Apprentice 2019: Ryan-Mark
BB18: Raph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry! View Post
If Labour win then....

*facepalm*
Old 29-04-2010, 05:15 PM #29

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Martin Kemp
BB13: Adam

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike View Post
Well your view is wrong. Labour have done so much in many different aspects over the last 13 years. Research it. You might be surprised. They haven't been perfect. No government is ever perfect.

They didn't lead us "deep in the ****" and it could have been a lot deeper if it hadn't of been for Brown's actions.

An election is about looking to the future, not the past. I don't care what Blair did, what Major did, what Thatcher did or what any PM did previously. I'm interested in which party has the best plan for the next 5 years
Think. Who really is going to be the best at dealing with the economy in the next 5 years? I would say Labour everytime.

No, my dear, I think you are the one who needs to do some research. Brown is the author of our misfortune, having been a rubbish Chancellor before he was foisted upon us as an unelected Prime Minister. Apart from the economy, he has collaborated with the war criminal Blair in leading us into an illegal war, thus putting us all at high risk of retaliation by terrorists. He has turned a blind eye to illegal immigration and has totally lost control of our borders, thereby putting enormous strain on our resources, to the detriment of the indigenous population. He and his sleazy cohorts have been caught with their hands in the national till (Brown himself included). They send their children to private schools whilst ours can't even get into a local state school, have private health insurance for themselves whilst people who need urgent operations and treatment are denied because the NHS is abused by economic health migrants, they fleece the taxpayer at every opportunity, kiss the a*ses of the union bosses who seem to think they deserve preferential treatment over other workers, protect themselves by seeking to invoke privacy laws to prevent us knowing what fraud they are committing, and seek self aggrandisment by buying peerages whilst trying to abolish the monarchy. They are the biggest bunch of hypocritical, self serving, bandits who have ever been in power. They have brought this country to its knees.

So kindly answer the question, what exactly has New Labour DONE for this country that is positive and life enhancing for any of us?

I am just extremely grateful you don't yet have the vote, that's one less to worry about.

5 Kings: 1 throne
Angus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-04-2010, 05:18 PM #30

Liberal Democrats.
Lewis. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-04-2010, 07:27 PM #31

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
No, my dear, I think you are the one who needs to do some research. Brown is the author of our misfortune, having been a rubbish Chancellor before he was foisted upon us as an unelected Prime Minister. Apart from the economy, he has collaborated with the war criminal Blair in leading us into an illegal war, thus putting us all at high risk of retaliation by terrorists. He has turned a blind eye to illegal immigration and has totally lost control of our borders, thereby putting enormous strain on our resources, to the detriment of the indigenous population. He and his sleazy cohorts have been caught with their hands in the national till (Brown himself included). They send their children to private schools whilst ours can't even get into a local state school, have private health insurance for themselves whilst people who need urgent operations and treatment are denied because the NHS is abused by economic health migrants, they fleece the taxpayer at every opportunity, kiss the a*ses of the union bosses who seem to think they deserve preferential treatment over other workers, protect themselves by seeking to invoke privacy laws to prevent us knowing what fraud they are committing, and seek self aggrandisment by buying peerages whilst trying to abolish the monarchy. They are the biggest bunch of hypocritical, self serving, bandits who have ever been in power. They have brought this country to its knees.

So kindly answer the question, what exactly has New Labour DONE for this country that is positive and life enhancing for any of us?

I am just extremely grateful you don't yet have the vote, that's one less to worry about.
Yeah there are many negative aspects to Labour's 13 year rule but also many positives. I can't be bothered to answer all your points in that biased post, its obvious you think you are right and everyone else of a different opinion doesn't have a valid point

The war, i'm against but terrorist threats were there before the war, now we have a better opportunity to diffuse the threat before it gets to UK ground. The Conservative Party agreed with the war, so as the only real alternative theres no difference between them
Immigration has been addressed recently with the new points system, its decreased the last 3 years I believe, of course illegal immigration is a problem but not one that can be fixed over night.
Private schooling and Private healthcare, scraping the barrel for an argument?
The education system and NHS have improved during Labour's rule, exam results are increasing year on year, A&E waiting times are down, cancer patients have a guaranteed maximum waiting time, the list goes on.
Kiss the arses of the union bosses? Where were you when Labour condemned the BA strike just a few week ago?
I've listed a few advancements under Labour already in this post. Other notable achievements is the equality measures being brought in, national minimum wage, push in human rights, more university places and education opportunities for young people, greater relations with Europe which in turn helps trade, the list goes on
I'll be extremely grateful when i'm able to vote and unlike you i will judge political parties fairly and without extreme bias as you have shown
Old 29-04-2010, 07:37 PM #32

Favourites (more):
BB12: Anton
CBB7: Stephanie

Favourites (more):
BB12: Anton
CBB7: Stephanie

I've not been in the country for the past 2 weeks so this is the only debate I've seen. I'm undecided and will pretty much make up my mind who I'm voting for tonight. One thing is for sure though, I'd rather gauge my eyes out with a toothpick than be happy that the Tories have won.
Tom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-04-2010, 08:06 PM #33

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Yeah there are many negative aspects to Labour's 13 year rule but also many positives. I can't be bothered to answer all your points in that biased post, its obvious you think you are right and everyone else of a different opinion doesn't have a valid point

The war, i'm against but terrorist threats were there before the war, now we have a better opportunity to diffuse the threat before it gets to UK ground. The Conservative Party agreed with the war, so as the only real alternative theres no difference between them
Immigration has been addressed recently with the new points system, its decreased the last 3 years I believe, of course illegal immigration is a problem but not one that can be fixed over night.
Private schooling and Private healthcare, scraping the barrel for an argument?
The education system and NHS have improved during Labour's rule, exam results are increasing year on year, A&E waiting times are down, cancer patients have a guaranteed maximum waiting time, the list goes on.
Kiss the arses of the union bosses? Where were you when Labour condemned the BA strike just a few week ago?
I've listed a few advancements under Labour already in this post. Other notable achievements is the equality measures being brought in, national minimum wage, push in human rights, more university places and education opportunities for young people, greater relations with Europe which in turn helps trade, the list goes on
I'll be extremely grateful when i'm able to vote and unlike you i will judge political parties fairly and without extreme bias as you have shown

It's no surprise to see that the Labour Spin Doctors are still busy spinning their ridiculous lies, and even less of a surprise that there are people out there believing them. As regards the Conservatives being in agreement with the war you must surely be aware by now that Blair and his criminal government deliberately lied to the other parties and to the nation about the WMD. What do you think the Chilcot Enquiry was about?

As for Human Rights legislation it is the single most divisive piece of legislation imposed upon us - common sense dictates that one person's human rights often infringe another's human rights - so whose should take precedence? No-one has yet come up with a definitive solution to that conundrum.

What is the use of more university places offering mickey mouse degrees when there are no corresponding jobs available at the end of it all, and students are just left with massive debts. All that Labour have done is create a sense of unjustified entitlement amongst university graduates, many of whom are still semi-literate and unemployable by any reputable companies.
As for exam results improving, of course they are when they are so dumbed down they are virtually meaningless in terms of measuring a requisite level of
knowledge or intelligence.

How is pointing out the hypocrisy of Labour in sending their kids to private schools and availing themselves of private health care, "scraping the barrel". At least present a valid argument for a party that purports to represent the working classes of this country. As usual its one rule for Labour and another for the rest of us poor suckers. As for Europe, we are the poor relations, having ridiculous laws imposed upon by bureaucrats in Brussels lining their own pockets at our expense.

You say "immigration has been addressed recently" - yeah right, just in time for the General Election, after 13 years of uncontrolled access by the world and his wife to this country and all our resources. Brown's "bigot" remark about that poor pensioner who had the temerity to question his immigration policy, just goes to show the contempt in which he holds the people of this country who just want a reasonable, sensible debate about what a lot of us see as one of the most important issues of the election.

I have no problem whatsoever in debating any issue with those who hold diametrically opposed views if they present me with facts. I can respect someone's views if they are backed up by facts, and agree to disagree, but I am not prepared to swallow regurgitated spin without questioning and probing.

Old 29-04-2010, 08:10 PM #34

Favourites:
BBUSA22: Janelle

Favourites:
BBUSA22: Janelle

Labour.
Firewire is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-04-2010, 08:12 PM #35

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
It's no surprise to see that the Labour Spin Doctors are still busy spinning their ridiculous lies, and even less of a surprise that there are people out there believing them. As regards the Conservatives being in agreement with the war you must surely be aware by now that Blair and his criminal government deliberately lied to the other parties and to the nation about the WMD. What do you think the Chilcot Enquiry was about?

As for Human Rights legislation it is the single most divisive piece of legislation imposed upon us - common sense dictates that one person's human rights often infringe another's human rights - so whose should take precedence? No-one has yet come up with a definitive solution to that conundrum.

What is the use of more university places offering mickey mouse degrees when there are no corresponding jobs available at the end of it all, and students are just left with massive debts. All that Labour have done is create a sense of unjustified entitlement amongst university graduates, many of whom are still semi-literate and unemployable by any reputable companies.
As for exam results improving, of course they are when they are so dumbed down they are virtually meaningless in terms of measuring a requisite level of
knowledge or intelligence.

How is pointing out the hypocrisy of Labour in sending their kids to private schools and availing themselves of private health care, "scraping the barrel". At least present a valid argument for a party that purports to represent the working classes of this country. As usual its one rule for Labour and another for the rest of us poor suckers. As for Europe, we are the poor relations, having ridiculous laws imposed upon by bureaucrats in Brussels lining their own pockets at our expense.

You say "immigration has been addressed recently" - yeah right, just in time for the General Election, after 13 years of uncontrolled access by the world and his wife to this country and all our resources. Brown's "bigot" remark about that poor pensioner who had the temerity to question his immigration policy, just goes to show the contempt in which he holds the people of this country who just want a reasonable, sensible debate about what a lot of us see as one of the most important issues of the election.

I have no problem whatsoever in debating any issue with those who hold diametrically opposed views if they present me with facts. I can respect someone's views if they are backed up by facts, and agree to disagree, but I am not prepared to swallow regurgitated spin without questioning and probing.
I really can't be bothered to repond to your points, no offence, but i'm sure others who read your posts will see how biased you are so there is no point in responding.
You obviously will just paint Labour in a negative way no matter what the point is so there is no point in responding. So carry on being very negative about Labour.
Old 29-04-2010, 08:18 PM #36

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
I really can't be bothered to repond to your points, no offence, but i'm sure others who read your posts will see how biased you are so there is no point in responding.
You obviously will just paint Labour in a negative way no matter what the point is so there is no point in responding. So carry on being very negative about Labour.
Of course I'm biased, as are you. Otherwise there's no point in voting. As for painting Labour in a negative way, I think you'll find they've done that all by themselves.

Old 30-04-2010, 07:08 AM #37
CLOSE EM!

Favourites (more):
UBB: Chantelle
BB11: Ben

CLOSE EM!

Favourites (more):
UBB: Chantelle
BB11: Ben

Bnp!