Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB7 Discuss what winner Pete Bennett, Glyn, Aisleyne, Nikki and the other BB7 housemates are doing now, and all that happened in Big Brother 7.

Old 02-06-2006, 11:51 AM #1
Banned

Banned

Default short man syndrome

I dislike Sezer intensely, but was wondering whether those that dislike him and have seen his personality think it has anything to do with this. I have spoken to many girls who say when they have dated a small guy, they find he is out to prove something.

In defence of small men - I am extremely short and stand at 5'2, I think this is a bit unfair, but does have some truth. A lot of girls say they wouldn't go out with a guy shorter than them, or small guys at all. This is soemthing difficult to come to grips with, which is why a lot of these men become aggressive and out to prove something.

The girls subsequently say they wouldn't date a small guy because of his complexes, but to be fair, it is a lot of girls who are giving the men the complex in the first place.

Sezer may suffer from this, I don't know. I think his personality is genrally unendearing anyway, and he had no problem with getting Imogen, who is a pretty girl. I think he actually is so cocky and arrogant, maybe he doesn't care about his height.

As for me, personally, I used to have a BIG BIG problem with it. If I met a nice, pretty taller girl, I always used to think she'll never be interested and it was very sad for me. But I never got this 'short man syndrome' and carried on as if to prove something. I will always be me, no matter whether the girls like me or not!
Deep2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 11:52 AM #2

sezar is just up himself cos he is "muscular" personally i dont think hes "muscular" atall. but hmmm yeh he is short, maybe that could intrude in his personality.. who knows?
ferg_luvs_bb7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 12:18 PM #3

Isn't that called Napoleon Complex?

Men who get overly aggressive to make up for their lack of vertical prowess. never understood it myself. Guys who say all proud of themselves..."I'm 6'2" you know", it's like... so you didnt stop growing, what do you want a round of applause?

It may have been important for hunting back in caveman times, but these days we have KFC!
NateJ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 12:24 PM #4
Banned

Banned

Lovely post, NateJ!
Deep2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
man, short, syndrome