Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB7 Discuss what winner Pete Bennett, Glyn, Aisleyne, Nikki and the other BB7 housemates are doing now, and all that happened in Big Brother 7.

Old 29-06-2006, 07:55 AM #1

Default The Human Condition

In a nutshell, I believe Big Brother has finally found the most representative of the entire human race.

At first they were interesting, some went mad in the environment others shunned attention and publicity when they realised what it would mean to their lifestyle.

After the last four weeks, or a lot sooner, it is my opinion that the entire cast of current housemates are the most boring group of people ever to walk the face of the planet.

There's not much to them. They don't discuss ideas or opinions unless it's about other people in the house and I doubt any one of them has a hobby in their life.

It's a sad state of affairs that they've found really boring people who are about as cultured and travelled as a gnat but it's happened.

Congratulations Big Brother on beating the odds at finding boring housemates.

Most are dumb, dim and pretty. A couple (two max) are funny occasionally.

I like meeting people I really do. I even find I enjoy meeting people for the second time as well, but this group as far as I'm aware has never discussed their views on ANYTHING outside the house, except themselves and how they see themself and their reasons for coming into the house. That line of conversation is alright for the first couple of days, but after four weeks or more it's very tedious.

Can Big Brother's next task possibly include a topical discussion or debate on various issues? Just to see if any of them HAVE opinions that have hitherto been left unsaid.

Am I alone in thinking this way??
Sidrat2006 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-06-2006, 08:40 AM #2

Quote:
Originally posted by Sidrat2006
Can Big Brother's next task possibly include a topical discussion or debate on various issues?
Not so long ago, they had a task to discuss the meaning of life. Obviously you were too bored with the show to watch it that day.

I do agree with you to an extent. But in that situation and atmosphere a lot of the talk will be about fellow housemates - whether it be to their face or behind their back.

I think if you're basing your opinion on the highlights show (unless you watch the live feed all day) then you don't get to see a lot of the things that are discussed.

I guess BB prouducers are under the impression that people want to see bitching, backstabbing and brawls. And nothing else.

If you say that the housemates represent the public, then we're also boring and we also don't want to see these philosophical discussions, I guess.
Lance is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-06-2006, 08:57 AM #3

..what do you want from these wanabees Sidrat.. conjuring tricks??

.. i bet you were saying the same thing about the last 6 series, i think you're just a sourpuss.

.. if you dont like it, watch something else.

This series is right up there with the best of them.. probably my favourite, and we've still got another 6 weeks or so to go.
bonnie43uk is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-06-2006, 10:08 AM #4

The public represent the human race more..
We hate people for ruffling our feathers and feel the need to exterminate them
Redemption doesn't exist.
and the only ones that are liked are for sympathy, everyone else in there way is dead.
Edwin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-06-2006, 12:30 PM #5

Quote:
Originally posted by Sidrat2006
In a nutshell, I believe Big Brother has finally found the most representative of the entire human race.

At first they were interesting, some went mad in the environment others shunned attention and publicity when they realised what it would mean to their lifestyle.

After the last four weeks, or a lot sooner, it is my opinion that the entire cast of current housemates are the most boring group of people ever to walk the face of the planet.

There's not much to them. They don't discuss ideas or opinions unless it's about other people in the house and I doubt any one of them has a hobby in their life.

It's a sad state of affairs that they've found really boring people who are about as cultured and travelled as a gnat but it's happened.

Congratulations Big Brother on beating the odds at finding boring housemates.

Most are dumb, dim and pretty. A couple (two max) are funny occasionally.

I like meeting people I really do. I even find I enjoy meeting people for the second time as well, but this group as far as I'm aware has never discussed their views on ANYTHING outside the house, except themselves and how they see themself and their reasons for coming into the house. That line of conversation is alright for the first couple of days, but after four weeks or more it's very tedious.

Can Big Brother's next task possibly include a topical discussion or debate on various issues? Just to see if any of them HAVE opinions that have hitherto been left unsaid.

Am I alone in thinking this way??
Well said Sidrat

They really do have a stupid bunch in this year; inarticulate, self-obsessed and some seem to have major problems with any words more than 5 or 6 letters long.

And I don't think it's a matter of the BB producers deciding not to show us their discussions on what their opinions are or how they feel about particular issues, I believe they just don't have these types of discussion, I don't believe they are capable of it.

You are not alone in your disappointment with this bunch of housemates
Slartibartfast is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-06-2006, 12:33 PM #6

I agree it's silly in a way; not every kind of person can seem to like this year's HMs - there isn't that much of a variety in terms of personality as there could've been. I'm not complaining personally, but I can understand your point and why others would.
Bells is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-06-2006, 12:36 PM #7

Last years were worse. All of them wanted the attention accept for some, which just got drowned out completely.
Edwin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-06-2006, 03:24 PM #8

i dont watch this show for intelligent debate .. thats not what it's about!
i just like seeing a dozen or so people having to socialize in an enclosed environment, without telly, music, phones, papers etc etc. Its not something i'd do in a million years, but i do enjoy seeing the people who put themselves up for this kind of thing gradually come apart at the seams.
.. They are free to leave at any stage anyhoo.

ALL GOOD FUN. ....ROLL ON FRIDAY'S FAKE EVICTION!!!!
bonnie43uk is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-06-2006, 04:06 PM #9

Thank you Slartibartfast.

Quote:
bonnie43uk wrote
i dont watch this show for intelligent debate .. thats not what it's about!
Granted, that's not entirely what it is about, but it would be good if they were actually capable of it. I'm not even talking about really indepth scientific or theological discussions here, I'm just feeling there's a lack of interest within that house that would bore me to death after five days in their company.

Quote:
i just like seeing a dozen or so people having to socialize in an enclosed environment, without telly, music, phones, papers etc etc. Its not something i'd do in a million years, but i do enjoy seeing the people who put themselves up for this kind of thing gradually come apart at the seams.
.. They are free to leave at any stage anyhoo.
I'd have come apart at the seams sooner, I may be called a boring person, but not everyone enjoys the same things I do, but I'd have more than two conversations at my disposal

Even Jade and Helen had their deep meaning conversations, it doesn't look this year that it's possible.

That's something to think about isn't it!!!
Old 29-06-2006, 04:14 PM #10

Have to agree with you Sidrat. But it is the producers fault, they just want some numpties in there with fake breasts to bitch about each other and create entertainment.
It was ok the first couple of weeks, but it is so boring now.
Scotsman75 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-06-2006, 04:17 PM #11

Hopefully the twist will be ok though!
Old 29-06-2006, 04:30 PM #12

These five people have apparently been sequestered since the start of Big Brother and there must be footage of them, if they've met of course, (have they been together or are they alone???) but could you imagine being locked away like that for the last what five, six, one hundred weeks? And you could have been the funny wittiest human being alive, but after so much time with little stimulus I'd personally be a gibbering wreck. A shell of my former self.
Old 29-06-2006, 04:32 PM #13

I find that hard to believe though. Maybe BB is just bending the truth a little? I highly doubt they've been locked up like that for weeks - that's cruel and if there are any confident characters in there at all they wouldn't put up with it! They must have arrangements. We'll find out the truth soon enough anyway.
Old 29-06-2006, 07:02 PM #14
Jolly good

Jolly good

The group seems these days to consist of wannabe models and kids just out of school.

I too can't believe how much they talk about their other housemates behind their backs, and not anything else.

I almost think if they had picked the names of the BB7 housemates at random from everyone who applied they would have got more interesting people.

However it might be that people like this are the only types that apply for Big Brother these days.
James is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-06-2006, 07:07 PM #15

I totally disagree
Its been so entertaining
Made me angry, made me laugh
One of my favourite series'

If you dont like it, dont watch it
No-ones forcing you to
Chrizzle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
condition, human