Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB11 Channel 4's last Big Brother series started June 2010. Josie Gibson was the winner. All the gossip about the Big Brother 11 house, series and housemates here!

Old 12-08-2010, 10:42 AM #1

Cool Forget Mario’s “secret”, what about the rest of the housemates?

I’m not convinced Mario has a “secret”, I think that storyline is a Shiloh Pitt. But when you look at the other housemates, a theme emerges and I’m beginning to wonder whether they’ve all got a private income.

JJ and Corin have both had family tragedies leading to an insurance payout. Steve probably has an army pension and compo for his injuries. The likes of Shabby, Ben and Mario may be “unemployed” or whatever but I doubt they’re living on benefits. Even Sam looks like a dressed-down trustafarian to me. You can’t really earn a living as a graffiti artist unless you’re Banksy.

This theory doesn't explain Josie. Nothing explains Josie.

Wouldn’t it be a great twist for the final BB if whoever won the money didn’t actually need it?
NurseRatched is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 11:12 AM #2

Favourites (more):
BB11: Ben
CBB7: Stephen

Favourites (more):
BB11: Ben
CBB7: Stephen

I love a great conspiracy theory but there is a reason for this and its true most seasons and its simply this:
- People who earn their living weekly and monthly cannot risk taking the time off work and for most people it would mean quitting their jobs (since you must commit to something like 3 months to enter BB)

This leaves people who are somehow self-reliant from what might be inheritance or just savings or some kind of lucrative self-employment not requiring them.

This leaves people who are on some kind of social assistance and this could be disability or something.

This leaves young people who still live at home or for that matter are still sponsored by parents and family for their living expenses.
Students.
Yes, occasionally people who are independently wealthy from their own businesses. (or so some say lol)

Now there has been people who have had full-time jobs and they worked out something with their company,
or,
I seem to recall a few who just quit their jobs but I also recall them being quite worried about it too often.

but yes, keep in mind that the vast majority of people just work month to month just making their expenses and do not have jobs in companies with bosses (or are bosses) where they can get 3 months 'leave of absence' like that.

Anyways,
Just so you know this is the case most years and has become what we can expect anyways.
ElProximo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
forget, housemates, mario, mario’s, rest, “secret”