Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB11 Channel 4's last Big Brother series started June 2010. Josie Gibson was the winner. All the gossip about the Big Brother 11 house, series and housemates here!

Old 14-08-2010, 05:50 PM #26
oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasown View Post
Yes they know exactly what they are doing, no they arent ill-educated incompetent or dellusional.

BB is a commercial venture, they are out to make money, they in turn provide entertainment to the general public, thats a little different to pandering to obsessive fans who use BB forums.

Heres a daft question, out of the many fans on here how many do you think actually spend money voting, either to save or evict, I bet its not a lot.

Lots of people sit on forums thinking they know how to run the show, minor problem they arent running the show, other people are. People who are trained, qualified and experienced.

If they Fuck up they have a choice either take it in the neck or find someone else to blame. Its a harsh life the real world, perhaps when some of the obsessives on here grow up and get a little experience of life and work in a real life environment they wouldnt make such twattish comments.
Yes, that's all well and good, but my comment was directed at the bit in bold - because there won't be any entertainment.

Of course they're out to make money...but they're also out to make the show entertaining so that they can make money. And they're not going to be doing that after Friday.
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-08-2010, 05:51 PM #27
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by yousoboo! View Post
the series died when shabby walked
no thats when the series came more alive.

KRO!
Mystic Mock is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 14-08-2010, 06:24 PM #28
Account Vacant

Account Vacant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post
Yes, that's all well and good, but my comment was directed at the bit in bold - because there won't be any entertainment.

Of course they're out to make money...but they're also out to make the show entertaining so that they can make money. And they're not going to be doing that after Friday.
Heres the hard bit, its like why winners such as Sophie and Rachael occur. The public dont necessarily want to see the loud gob****es, the people with the brightest clothes or biggest mouths, they want to see people they can associate with at the end. Or they feel deserve to win the most.

Unfortunately this doesnt often agree with what the die hard fans want to see. But thats life. Endemol give joe public who or what they want, the public make the decision.

Wouldnt surprise me if Ofcom do ask endemol and channel 4 about the voting system and the change to a 4 person eviction, but they will have covered their asses and have a stock answer which negates the complaint, who has lost out, in reality no one.

Consequently they sit and decide whether to vote to evict or vote to save on one simple factor - profit.
Shasown is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
end, friday, night, show