Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 21-09-2010, 11:30 AM #126
Account Vacant

Account Vacant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omen View Post
NLP?

I don't know if the rest of your post was a go at me. I'm only here to amuse myself.

That 9/11 has been used as a causus belli there is absolutely no doubt - the Pearl Harbour of the invasion of Afghanistan and Iraq.

The rest is conjecture and exploring conspiracies. Insults get us nowhere and they're no fun.
Neuro Linguistic Programming, its a way of using language to reinforce ideas, beliefs in suggestable people. The "lets assume" business in your posts, some would say was a bit patronising therefore insulting, I believed you are more intelligent than that. My post wasnt meant to insult you, if you taken umbrage at it I apologise. But it is my honest belief about most conspiracy theorists.

The attacks on the US in 2001 were indeed used as a precursor to invasion of Afghanistan, however if you trawled other policy documents put forward by think tanks for driving US governmental policies you will see scores of them advocate overt offensive action in many areas of the world.

Same happens with UK governmental advisory bodies, though not as often.
The members of the various bodies write different proposals for a variety of scenarios for all regions of the world. Regardless of what happens on a worldwide scale a lot of prepared governments have advisory documents wrote for it. That doesnt mean they intended to carry out any action/intervention taken prior to the circumstances of the intervention being needed.

An example would be in the event of another country using nuclear weapons or indeed any other weapons of mass destruction against the UK we have the plans and capabilities to retaliate with nuclear strikes. If that scenario developed and we did throw buckets of sunshine at another country, it doesnt mean because we had the options and plans for a retaliatory strike we intended to do it all along does it?
Shasown is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-09-2010, 06:18 PM #127

.You mean to say I have to go and read a huge big long article about neuro linguistic programming gobbledegook on Wiki or somewhere to see where it applies to what I wrote. No thanks. Just don't dismiss conspiracy theories out of hand because all the facts don't stack up. A chair with 6 legs can lose a couple and still stand and anyway it's fun to use your imagination. You're determined to have a I'm cleverer than you argument, that NLP mention demonstrates that.

And ask any, almost any, American with a flag in his garden, shop, car and window, why they went to Iraq, and he'll say 9/11.
Omen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-09-2010, 06:28 PM #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasown View Post
Neuro Linguistic Programming, its a way of using language to reinforce ideas, beliefs in suggestable people. The "lets assume" business in your posts, some would say was a bit patronising therefore insulting, I believed you are more intelligent than that. My post wasnt meant to insult you, if you taken umbrage at it I apologise. But it is my honest belief about most conspiracy theorists.

The attacks on the US in 2001 were indeed used as a precursor to invasion of Afghanistan, however if you trawled other policy documents put forward by think tanks for driving US governmental policies you will see scores of them advocate overt offensive action in many areas of the world.

Same happens with UK governmental advisory bodies, though not as often.
The members of the various bodies write different proposals for a variety of scenarios for all regions of the world. Regardless of what happens on a worldwide scale a lot of prepared governments have advisory documents wrote for it. That doesnt mean they intended to carry out any action/intervention taken prior to the circumstances of the intervention being needed.

An example would be in the event of another country using nuclear weapons or indeed any other weapons of mass destruction against the UK we have the plans and capabilities to retaliate with nuclear strikes. If that scenario developed and we did throw buckets of sunshine at another country, it doesnt mean because we had the options and plans for a retaliatory strike we intended to do it all along does it?

100% true.

But it doesn't apply to Afghanistan and Iraq (A & I) because A's invasion was desirable to insert a govt. that would not oppose a pipeline across A, and I was invaded because it was unfinished business. Americans very reluctantly go to war, they needed a shove. 9/11 was it.
Old 21-09-2010, 06:34 PM #129

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shasown View Post
If I didn't insert Say, or let's assume in every sentence then I'd be quoted in isolation and accused of saying I said such and such. Some pedant would jump on me and say "but you said that"!
Old 21-09-2010, 06:36 PM #130
Banned

Banned

I believe it was a genuine Terrorist attack but I definitely think we went to war for money and oil. I struggle to believe it was an attack engneered by the government themselves.

At the end of the day though even if it was a conspiracy we'll never know the true details of it.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
9 or 11, happened