Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB11 Channel 4's last Big Brother series started June 2010. Josie Gibson was the winner. All the gossip about the Big Brother 11 house, series and housemates here!

Old 01-11-2010, 11:07 PM #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN View Post
Yeah, that was one of my fave moments of BB11, most of the house crying their eyes out, hugging each other in disbelief, then you just had Ben, Dave and Mario who were really pleased and celebrating.

I remember the next morning Dave went into the bathroom and said "by some wave of our Lords wand, we boys are all still here" and then Shabby just came storming out of the toilet where Dave hadnt realised she was and started bitching about Dave

I unwittingly have a selective memory, some moments of BB11 I remember clear as day and some I just cant recall at all. I vaguely remember seeing this, and finding it funny, but I cant remember exactly what happened tbh

Welcome to the forum btw
Thanks so much for the welcome, I wish I could remember that exact exchange, but the face Cheryl Cole made last Sunday when Wagner's name was called reminded me of Govan's face when Corin told him to buck himself up and stop whingeing - or words to that effect
patsylimerick is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:19 PM #27

Favourites (more):
BB12: Aaron
CBB9: Michael Madsen

Favourites (more):
BB12: Aaron
CBB9: Michael Madsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by katkim View Post

That is my only reaction to that picture

Unfortunately, he did look like Gollum.
That's when the whole charge of the Ben brigade started (memories)

Govan was just very bitchy but in a nasty, **it stiring way which doesn't come across well in the first few weeks.
Truth Teller is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:24 PM #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vodka Drinka View Post
I thought he looked like some kind of weird goblin, and wondered that if you squeezed him really hard would his eyes pop out of his head?
He was a bit of a hobgoblin during the period he lurked in Josie's bed, like some familiar in the chamber of the Witch Queen. His main crime was going from group to group tittle tattling.
TheDarkSide is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:40 PM #29

Favourites:
BB11: Ben

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDarkSide View Post
He was a bit of a hobgoblin during the period he lurked in Josie's bed, like some familiar in the chamber of the Witch Queen. His main crime was going from group to group tittle tattling.
Are we supposed to know you ... ?

Could you give us a clue ... ?
Ultra Violet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 11:07 AM #30
Keyser Suze

Keyser Suze

I didn't really mind Govan too much. Yes, he had a more bitchy and snidey side than some in that house, but that persona has become part and parcel of a few in BBs. When you think they have no TV, no reading materials, BB playing them off against each other, they can't really escape each other, no contact with family and friends and so on ... then I suppose it's no wonder they start the bitching and gossiping and also to start to play the BB game to keep themselves free from nominations maybe without always realising they are doing it? Plus most of the housemates got on with Govan, so maybe we just weren't being shown other sides to his personality if it didn't befit the BB plotline.

So unless a housemate goes way over the top in such behaviour I tend to accept those warts and all bits of their personalities in them and look to be entertained by them for the main.

But of those up that week, I was happy for Govan to be evicted over Ben
Suze is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 02:47 AM #31
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

I never took to him. Boring and bland and only good for bitching & backstabbing. he'd sit with one group, bitch about others, then 10 minutes later, would be sitting with the group he'd been bitching about, and would bitch about those he'd previously been with. A boring little man.
Pyramid* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 02:49 AM #32
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Favourites (more):

i said that at the time but nobody listened to me as usual.

KRO!
Mystic Mock is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 03:07 AM #33
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedward fever View Post
i said that at the time but nobody listened to me as usual.
Remember Josie's hysterical (and I mean as in 'funny'), lying in the bathroom, devastated, sobbing her heart out when he was evicted....... sseessshhh....she'd known him for 5 minutes.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:06 AM #34

Favourites (more):
CBB7: Stephen

Favourites (more):
CBB7: Stephen

My only complaint is that Govan didn't get to be as annoying as he was in the audition process. Seriously.. you saw just maybe 70% of Govan's shlt-stirring potential in BB.

Having said that - you really do look back and realize Govan wasn't even nearly as bad as some others turned out to be. I think he would have been better off staying and some others leaving,
however,
He went wrong regretting the 'bisexual' ruse and consequences in his community and the repeated interest in walking-out.
Once you start wanting to walk... it really seems fans and BB will oblige that fairly soon afterward.

But yeah, proud of him for getting in there. I lobbied for him and in a strange way saw him as a sort of 'little brother' or 'lived vicariously' through his experience. I feel like 'one of us' made it.
He did alright. Good job Govan. He was a part of our summer and BB experience and he left his mark.
Nothing to regret.
ElProximo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 11:49 PM #35

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElProximo View Post
My only complaint is that Govan didn't get to be as annoying as he was in the audition process. Seriously.. you saw just maybe 70% of Govan's shlt-stirring potential in BB.

Having said that - you really do look back and realize Govan wasn't even nearly as bad as some others turned out to be. I think he would have been better off staying and some others leaving,
however,
He went wrong regretting the 'bisexual' ruse and consequences in his community and the repeated interest in walking-out.
Once you start wanting to walk... it really seems fans and BB will oblige that fairly soon afterward.

But yeah, proud of him for getting in there. I lobbied for him and in a strange way saw him as a sort of 'little brother' or 'lived vicariously' through his experience. I feel like 'one of us' made it.
He did alright. Good job Govan. He was a part of our summer and BB experience and he left his mark.
Nothing to regret.
i agree with this,we are still talking about a housemate that left week 2 but we aint talking about steve are we

KRO!
Mystic Mock is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 09:09 AM #36
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElProximo View Post

however,

Nothing to regret.
He didn't really last long enough to leave much of a mark really did he?

A mark for what? Being an annoying and pretty disloyal **** stirrer. ??? It's not the best of ways to be remembered really is it?
Old 06-11-2010, 09:52 AM #37
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramid* View Post
Remember Josie's hysterical (and I mean as in 'funny'), lying in the bathroom, devastated, sobbing her heart out when he was evicted....... sseessshhh....she'd known him for 5 minutes.
Oh yeah, I actually laughed at that. then felt a bit evil afterwards incase it actually was genuine...
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 09:58 AM #38
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
Oh yeah, I actually laughed at that. then felt a bit evil afterwards incase it actually was genuine...
I remember watching it and thinking she wasn't getting attention and this was a perfect opportunity to attract some!!! Massively over produced and perfect example of overacting. Christ, you'd thought she'd been told her family had just been executed.
Old 06-11-2010, 10:05 AM #39
Keyser Suze

Keyser Suze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramid* View Post
I remember watching it and thinking she wasn't getting attention and this was a perfect opportunity to attract some!!! Massively over produced and perfect example of overacting. Christ, you'd thought she'd been told her family had just been executed.
It was extremelly OTT and the crocodile tears massively overdone. Didn't she realise the BB auditioning was over now, or was this her way of securing her trip to the final with some sympathy votes. She needn't have worried, BB happily gave her a legs up to the final anyway.

Last edited by Suze; 06-11-2010 at 10:05 AM.
Suze is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
govan, hated, hindsight