Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB11 Channel 4's last Big Brother series started June 2010. Josie Gibson was the winner. All the gossip about the Big Brother 11 house, series and housemates here!

Old 20-11-2010, 09:32 PM #101

Favourites:
BB11: Ben

Favourites:
BB11: Ben

[QUOTE=lauraC;3922830]he nodded at him once or twice, it would be like asking my aunty for a quote on how she feels about the death of diana because she shook her hand once.
Kate is Kate not Catherine so it is pretentious to call her Catherine when noone else does. And when william was at univercity ben said he was dating someone else, ben commented on that, try them nuggets![/QUOTE]

You do have an interesting turn of phrase - even 'try those nuggets' would be a suggestion I had never actually heard before - it is interesting and extremely unusual - I rather like it - a 'different' turn of phrase - I am all for innovation in the language

But back to the main thrust of the thread - the only reason I referred to William and Catherine in the first place was that it had been mentioned quite a few times at that point that from now on she would be known as Catherine rather than the shorter version, so when the time comes she will be Princess Catherine and ultimately presumably Queen Catherine - there was no more to it than that - and so it is far from pretentious - just factual as they are going to use her full given name officially from now on - it won't take all that much getting used to - it is not really all that unexpected - and it makes sense to most people, I think
Ultra Violet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 03:28 PM #102

Favourites (more):
BB12: Aaron
CBB9: Michael Madsen

Favourites (more):
BB12: Aaron
CBB9: Michael Madsen

Ben being quoted in the daily mail today talking about Kate's change in voice when interviewed on tv.

Both Diana and Margaret Thatcher had voice coaches.

Truth Teller is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
ben, kate