Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB11 Channel 4's last Big Brother series started June 2010. Josie Gibson was the winner. All the gossip about the Big Brother 11 house, series and housemates here!

Old 31-07-2010, 06:30 PM #26

I look at what left in there and I am struggling justifying even watching the rest of it. I can honestly say the only real opposition to John James was Ben. this should be a stroll through to the final for John James now. I hope Mario goes next. He's truly vile.

Good luck Brideshead me old mate!
Old 31-07-2010, 06:50 PM #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymores View Post
50p each - my Orange tariff is 50p per call for evictions - can't remember if I started with £9 or £6 but I certainly put £150 in total on the PAYG and have £23 left - made some calls too so you get the ball park yet? I can request Orange to show me what I spent it on and PM you the record if you wish.
HA HA HA!....Desperate or what??....You dont deserve to have money!...Just wait untill a 'grown-up' finds out!!
That's it....just throw it all away.....Ben will be raking it in now from all the Deals that , no doubt he's earned by being the most entertaining 'grown-up' housemate this year!!

Good job it's Big Brother!........Big Sister would be Evil!
Lex is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 31-07-2010, 06:53 PM #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by supergirthuk View Post
I look at what left in there and I am struggling justifying even watching the rest of it. I can honestly say the only real opposition to John James was Ben. this should be a stroll through to the final for John James now. I hope Mario goes next. He's truly vile.

Good luck Brideshead me old mate!
Totally agree supergirth!...

P.s...Great avatar!!...Larry is the coolest-wit alive!!

Good job it's Big Brother!........Big Sister would be Evil!
Lex is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 11:50 PM #29

He was a legend.
Old 04-12-2010, 12:04 AM #30

Favourites (more):
BB11: Ben
CBB7: Stephanie

Favourites (more):
CBB7: Stephanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost Bite View Post
He was a legend.
He is a legend.
pices is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 12:19 AM #31

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pices View Post
He is a legend.
It certainly seems from the foregoing that he had that elusive thing 'star quality' ...
Ultra Violet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 01:59 PM #32

Favourites (more):
BB13: Deana
BB12: Aaron

Favourites (more):

I actually cried when Ben left, I can't believe I'm admitting this, but it really upset me. There have been many evictions over the years where I've been pissed off at the outcome, but I've never been as upset as that
Old 04-12-2010, 07:40 PM #33

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vodka Drinka View Post
I actually cried when Ben left, I can't believe I'm admitting this, but it really upset me. There have been many evictions over the years where I've been pissed off at the outcome, but I've never been as upset as that
But it was in many ways a lucky escape ... I think the situation and the many unkindnesses were beginning to bring him down ... it was too hard for him to bear any more really ... and once he was out he found his true and happy voice again ... any more time would have been beyond enduring for him ... imho ... the fact that he managed to get through so many weeks without cracking is a real testament to his strength of character ... but in many ways enough really was enough ... his lightness and wit was being extinguished by the heaviness which surrounded him at that point ... he was freed to do lovely things on the outside ... but you are right ... the light went out once he had left ... that much is true ...
Old 04-12-2010, 08:17 PM #34

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra Violet View Post
But it was in many ways a lucky escape ... I think the situation and the many unkindnesses were beginning to bring him down ... it was too hard for him to bear any more really ... and once he was out he found his true and happy voice again ... any more time would have been beyond enduring for him ... imho ... the fact that he managed to get through so many weeks without cracking is a real testament to his strength of character ... but in many ways enough really was enough ... his lightness and wit was being extinguished by the heaviness which surrounded him at that point ... he was freed to do lovely things on the outside ... but you are right ... the light went out once he had left ... that much is true ...
Oh poor Ben! I just wanted to get into that house and give him a big cuddle. I always secretly wanted to go on Big Brother, I just wish I'd have been in the house with him.
Old 04-12-2010, 09:00 PM #35

Favourites:
BB11: Mario

Favourites:
BB11: Mario

I liked Ben in the beginning. He was my second fave at one point. Mario could easily have been evicted because of standing up for Ben and he still stood by him
kim is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 12:12 PM #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by kim View Post
I liked Ben in the beginning. He was my second fave at one point. Mario could easily have been evicted because of standing up for Ben and he still stood by him
I also liked ben at first it was just when he spat back Mario's loyalty to him and bitched endlessly about his only true friend in there that pissed me off and I didn't like him any more except I still think he's funny to laugh at like mario said he's a weird unit
lauraC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 12:14 PM #37

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauraC View Post
I also liked ben at first it was just when he spat back Mario's loyalty to him and bitched endlessly about his only true friend in there that pissed me off and I didn't like him any more except I still think he's funny to laugh at like mario said he's a weird unit
There were many other weird units in that house ... some of them far, far weirder (and more malevolent) than Ben ...

Last edited by Ultra Violet; 05-12-2010 at 12:15 PM.
Old 05-12-2010, 12:18 PM #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra Violet View Post
There were many other weird units in that house ... some of them far, far weirder (and more malevolent) than Ben ...

well big Brother does attract it's fair share of weired units that's true nearly everyone on there loves attention, in fact they all do, so I laugh when someone says "so and so is an attention seeker" they all are.
I didn't think Ben was malevolent, far from it, just very odd and a massive massive bitch, but saying that I think his bitchiness regarding Mario came from jealousy and attraction! same could be said about his bitchyness toward John james too he clearly fancied the pants off him
lauraC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 12:23 PM #39

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauraC View Post
well big Brother does attract it's fair share of weired units that's true nearly everyone on there loves attention, in fact they all do, so I laugh when someone says "so and so is an attention seeker" they all are.
I didn't think Ben was malevolent, far from it, just very odd and a massive massive bitch, but saying that I think his bitchiness regarding Mario came from jealousy and attraction! same could be said about his bitchyness toward John james too he clearly fancied the pants off him
But I have seen Ben when he fancies someone ... I know what that looks like ... and Ben certainly did not fancy either Mario OR John James ... though I saw the 'look' on his face in the first week when he had a small crush on Rachael White ... and she is very much his type of woman (when it comes to looks) ... if she were older and more knowledgeable in the ways of the world she might have been very perfect for him ... in a different situation

I missed Ben because all the lightness and brightness in the house was extinguished when he went up the stairs

Last edited by Ultra Violet; 05-12-2010 at 12:24 PM.
Old 05-12-2010, 12:47 PM #40
Keyser Suze

Keyser Suze

Back on topic now, then I missed Ben when he left the BB house, however I soon realised it was probably the right time for him to be evicted as the twitter mob would never have let him win anyway, and Ben gained so much more from leaving at that time, and he was also very very popular on both BBLB and BBBM, and even had some little Ben skits, and since then he has been on the TV and radio so much that it's all turned out ok and all good for those who enjoy following how well he is doing

"Live for today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come" - Author unknown
Suze is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 12:53 PM #41
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze View Post
Back on topic now, then I missed Ben when he left the BB house, however I soon realised it was probably the right time for him to be evicted as the twitter mob would never have let him win anyway, and Ben gained so much more from leaving at that time, and he was also very very popular on both BBLB and BBBM, and even had some little Ben skits, and since then he has been on the TV and radio so much that it's all turned out ok and all good for those who enjoy following how well he is doing
Folks.... can we ALL keep to this please.

I agree Suze, Ben was great in the house and I miss watching and listening to some of his classics that he would come out with!
Pyramid* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 01:31 PM #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
That's something I miss about watching Ben on the show... the way he put things across at times. Some of his comments were very witty, and his delivery was second to none!!
The Ben's best quotes thread is still always worth dipping into, unlike a few pale imitations. Some of the comments crack me up - and when you consider the context and circumstance under which they were made - they simply illustrate his sharp wit and humour. He was really one of the funniest HM's ever. We are lucky that he appears on the BBC so regularly nowadays, he still slips a few of his masterley quips out there.

That's what I miss most of all. Almost everyday he laid one of his witticisms at our feet. I watched very little after he had left - what I did see thereafter was tedious in the extreme. Duvets and Dullards.
babycakes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
ben, miss