Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB7 Discuss what winner Pete Bennett, Glyn, Aisleyne, Nikki and the other BB7 housemates are doing now, and all that happened in Big Brother 7.

Old 29-07-2006, 11:46 PM #1

Default What\'s up with the crowd this year?

How come the crowd are like 'BOOOOO' really scornfully when the housemates names are read out by davina, yet when they leave the house they get a good reception? I just find it strange, especially since last year where everyone was pretty much booed. Sezer and Grace have been the only ones this year that have recieved a good booing.

I don't really understand, because I thought Jayne was going to get a bad reception last week but it was actually quite good!
Edwin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-07-2006, 11:47 PM #2

i agree
butt i still dnt no y Grace was booed so much
so many have bitched
xSammyx is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-07-2006, 11:52 PM #3

Yeah, totally agree wiv ya Edwin. I often wondered that. It makes you think they are being groomed by someone.. I'm sure they're not, but it is weird.
bonnie43uk is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-07-2006, 11:53 PM #4

Most of them seem bitter Nikki fans as we all heard bring nikki back chants once again aswell. They are really ruining things and ruining peoples stay in the house. The boos were not so bad but the get ash chants week in week out are getting old and really only helping her to get futher in the show.
GlitterEyes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-07-2006, 11:56 PM #5

The crowd are really pathetic. Its amazing how they put their heart and soul into booing, sad people.

I dont think they know what they do to people when they boo housemates though. We can say its panto but if it was you, you wouldnt be thinking 'its only panto'. I personally would feel quite shocked at it
BB-Rocks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-07-2006, 11:58 PM #6

Quote:
Originally posted by GlitterEyes
Most of them seem bitter Nikki fans as we all heard bring nikki back chants once again aswell. They are really ruining things and ruining peoples stay in the house. The boos were not so bad but the get ash chants week in week out are getting old and really only helping her to get futher in the show.
Ash didn't seemed too phased this time round, that might have been because of what the imogen and susie said, but i couldn't really hear what was said because of the crowd noise.

Quote:
bonnie43uk
Yeah, totally agree with you Edwin. I often wondered that. It makes you think they are being groomed by someone.. I'm sure they're not, but it is weird.
They aren't, i went to lisa's eviction (no, i didn't wait for 3 hours but it's a long story) and there was this warm-up guy who spoke to the crowd, he was a bit annoying though. They just said that if the crowd threw stuff they'd be arrested, and i remember davina saying that it's a good idea not to boo when she talks to the house. I

Also, why do the crowd always cheer after the eviction is announced, yet they realise they don't like the housemate and start booing instead, it's kinda funny
Old 29-07-2006, 11:59 PM #7

The crowd hasn't been very good this year.

But i loved the "Get Grace out" chants. Really put her in her place.

Singing Happy Birthday for Rich yesterday was also rather nice.
RAS is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-07-2006, 12:00 AM #8

I like it, I think it just shows that they want them out but still like them as well, a way of telling us the majority, but I can see why it annoys people as it is a bit harsh on the housemates, but it shows them they have done wrong or good whatever it is so it spices it up. In a way they could be helping Ashlene to change, she hasnt though so they would carry on booing her, Ashlene will get booed anyway when she comes out.
Brad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-07-2006, 12:04 AM #9

Quote:
Originally posted by RAS

No it didn't, she seemed upset for the first few days and then went back to normal

Quote:
Originally posted by Brad
I like it, I think it just shows that they want them out but still like them as well, a way of telling us the majority, but I can see why it annoys people as it is a bit harsh on the housemates, but it shows them they have done wrong or good whatever it is so it spices it up. In a way they could be helping Ashlene to change, she hasnt though so they would carry on booing her, Ashlene will get booed anyway when she comes out.
I like it aswell, i only really don't like it if the person they're doing it to can't really handle it. I thought Sezer and Grace could handle it so it wasn't bad, but if they booed lea after how scared she was that would just be nasty. Plus, it makes BBUK different from all the other countries, where they have some corny crowd that cheer every housemate. It gives it a certain 'zest'.
Old 30-07-2006, 12:13 AM #10

Quote:
Originally posted by Edwin
Quote:
Originally posted by RAS

No it didn't, she seemed upset for the first few days and then went back to normal

Quote:
I like it aswell, i only really don't like it if the person they're doing it to can't really handle it. I thought Sezer and Grace could handle it so it wasn't bad, but if they booed lea after how scared she was that would just be nasty. Plus, it makes BBUK different from all the other countries, where they have some corny crowd that cheer every housemate. It gives it a certain 'zest'.
Very true, which is why I don't like the interviews now being in the BBLB studio when they all used to be outside with the crowd, but I like the final because it has the crowd
Old 30-07-2006, 12:28 AM #11

I did not expect Micheal and Spiral to get cheers! What's going on?
Ollie! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-07-2006, 12:31 AM #12

Quote:
Originally posted by Ollie!
Was that based on your personal opinion or on the crowd before they came out? I am just wondering that maybe the crowd booed both pairs apart from Petes and Richards just to demonstrate more clearly that they wanted Pete and Richard to stay.

I mean as it was to vote to stay in, they could of been booing to say not to vote for them, which sounds a bit better then when booing for them to try and get them out.
Old 30-07-2006, 12:35 AM #13

Quote:
Quote:
Was that based on your personal opinion or on the crowd before they came out? I am just wondering that maybe the crowd booed both pairs apart from Petes and Richards just to demonstrate more clearly that they wanted Pete and Richard to stay.

I mean as it was to vote to stay in, they could of been booing to say not to vote for them, which sounds a bit better then when booing for them to try and get them out.
9% tells you how popular they were. Yet they had the second best reception so far! The crowd booed them yes and I think it a combination of showing that they wanted Pete to stay and also to show that they didn't like them.
Old 30-07-2006, 12:38 AM #14

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

9% tells you how popular they were. Yet they had the second best reception so far! The crowd booed them yes and I think it a combination of showing that they wanted Pete to stay and also to show that they didn't like them.
Since the crowd seems to be quite anti-ash, do you think they cheered spiral because he had a go at ash in the highlights?
Old 30-07-2006, 12:46 AM #15

crap
Siouxsie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-07-2006, 01:05 AM #16

the best moment for me [some won't agree] was when grace left the house, oh those boos the crowd made at her, she only got bood like that because she was the main backstabber, at times i don't think she even knew she was doing it, and the way she was when mikey had a laugh with aisleyne and she sort of demanded mikey to help her look for her earring, that made me laugh, i hated her
miss79stella is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-07-2006, 01:06 AM #17

Quote:
Originally posted by miss79stella
the best moment for me [some won't agree] was when grace left the house, oh those boos the crowd made at her, she only got bood like that because she was the main backstabber, at times i don't think she even knew she was doing it, and the way she was when mikey had a laugh with aisleyne and she sort of demanded mikey to help her look for her earring, that made me laugh, i hated her
If you hate someone from a reality tv show then you really need to get a grip of reality.
Old 30-07-2006, 02:05 AM #18

I dunno how you can hate anyone from a tv show, I never have and I don't think I ever will.

I don't think we should pay much attention to the crowd as they are a small minority often out of touch with the publics general feeling.

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
crowd, what's, year