Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Music This forum is for discussing artists, singles, albums, the charts and anything music-related.

Old 25-08-2011, 12:03 PM #101
REVIVAL

REVIVAL

Lighters has sold over 1 million copies in the US alone
Old 25-08-2011, 12:07 PM #102
Pay Yo Pussy Bill

Favourites (more):
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
CBB18: Saira Khan
Pay Yo Pussy Bill

Favourites (more):
CBB19: Kim Woodburn
CBB18: Saira Khan

-likes this song-

CBB19: Kim Woodburn | Nicola McLean | Jessica Cunningham | Speidi
Joelle. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 04:00 PM #103
REVIVAL

REVIVAL

Rappers Eminem and Royce Da 5' 9's collaborative project Bad Meets Evil: Hell The Sequel, has crossed the 500,000 unit mark. Royce announced that the album has struck gold sales status via Twitter, and showcased his new gold plaque online.

The project marked the first full project the longtime friends and former rivals from Detroit have recorded together and is one of two high-profile collaborative albums released this summer, the other being Kanye West and Jay-Z's Watch the Throne.

While Em has had multiplatinum successes throughout his career, this is one of Royce's fastest-selling releases; and the rapper received accolades on various social networks. Bad Meets Evil... was released June 14.
Old 02-09-2011, 04:03 PM #104

Favourites:
BBUSA16: Derrick

Favourites:

Glad that Royce Da 5' 9' is getting some recognition, he deserves it.
Old 02-09-2011, 04:11 PM #105
REVIVAL

REVIVAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Mars III View Post
Glad that Royce Da 5' 9' is getting some recognition, he deserves it.
definitely. i got 'Success is Certain' last week and its a decent album. I ordered 'Death is Certain' last week too but its yet to come in the post.
Old 08-09-2011, 12:37 AM #106
REVIVAL

REVIVAL

It was a contentious showdown, but after many lead changes, Bad Meets Evil's "Lighters," featuring Bruno Mars, bested Britney Spears' "I Wanna Go" to take MTV News' Song of Summer crown.

Nearly a half-million votes were cast, though a vast majority (327,679) of those were split almost evenly between Royce Da 5'9" and Eminem's joint project and Spears. Fan groups rallied behind their respective favorites, leading to a lot of back-and-forth over the past few days, but "Lighters" ultimately came out ahead when polls closed earlier Wednesday (September 7), taking 38.2 percent of the tally with 167,202 votes. The track has turned into a summer sleeper hit for Em, Royce and Mars. It is currently holding strong at #4, its peak position so far, on the Billboard Hot 100, 11 weeks after debuting on the chart.

Spears' "I Wanna Go" — the third Billboard top 10 hit from Femme Fatale — trailed with just over 36.6 percent. If Spears is less than pleased with coming in second, she can take comfort in knowing that her 160,477 votes put her way ahead of her nearest competitor, Lady Gaga, by well over 100,000 votes.

Taking 11.91 percent of the poll, Gaga's "The Edge of Glory" came in third with 52,126 votes. The only other song to pull down a sizable number of votes was Rihanna's "S&M," a track released in late spring that topped the charts early this summer, which garnered 34,681 votes for 7.92 percent of the tally.

Interestingly, many of the summer's biggest chart hits found themselves without much love in our Newsroom poll. Among the songs that reached #1 on the Billboard singles chart but found themselves with fractional percentages of the vote here were Katy Perry's history-making "Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.)" with just 1.26 percent, Adele's "Rolling in the Deep" (0.33 percent), LMFAO's "Party Rock Anthem" (0.71 percent) and this week's Hot 100 #1, Maroon 5 and Christina Aguilera's "Moves Like Jagger" (0.98 percent).

Radio hits from Pitbull and Nicki Minaj also missed the boat with 3,090 votes (0.71 percent) and 1,655 votes (0.38 percent), respectively, for "Give Me Everything" and "Super Bass," while "Dirty Dancer" by Enrique Iglesias featuring Usher and Lil Wayne took 0.28 percent and "Otis" from Throne duo Jay-Z and Kanye West scored just 0.12 percent (or 524 votes).

The numbers for mainstream artists like Perry, Minaj and West were fairly similar to those accrued by lower-profile acts Foster the People, Cobra Starship and David Guetta. Foster's "Pumped Up Kicks" earned the band 0.14 percent of our poll, with slightly bigger numbers falling to Cobra's "You Make Me Feel" (0.25) and Guetta's "Where Them Girls At" (0.16).
Old 10-09-2011, 01:04 AM #107
r.i.t.h

r.i.t.h

Seen Eminem back 23rd of August, ****ing amazing, D12 was there, so Royce was there, woah ****, that night was soo good.
Old 10-09-2011, 01:06 AM #108
REVIVAL

REVIVAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirCiaran View Post
Seen Eminem back 23rd of August, ****ing amazing, D12 was there, so Royce was there, woah ****, that night was soo good.
Was that at V?

the setlist is epic, you get Eminem's old school catalouge. The D12 era. his newest releases and then Bad Meets Evil....
Old 10-09-2011, 01:43 AM #109

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirCiaran View Post
That sounds awesome. Yeah, he puts on a great show. I saw him and Jay-Z last year at Comerica. One of the best, and most crowded, live events I've ever been to.
Old 10-09-2011, 01:45 AM #110
REVIVAL

REVIVAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Mars III View Post
That sounds awesome. Yeah, he puts on a great show. I saw him and Jay-Z last year at Comerica. One of the best, and most crowded, live events I've ever been to.
I saw him last year at Oxegen well both actually.... Jay-Z was the saturday headliner and Eminem closed the festival......seeing them both completed my list of performers to see live....

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
album, announced, artwork, bad, charts, eminem, ep, evil, fast, hell, inside, lane, meets, royce, sequel, shady records