Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB4 Cameron, Ray, Scott, Jon Tickle, Nush and the others from Big Brother 4 in 2003.

Old 24-06-2003, 11:26 PM #1

Unmasking the Drama

2003/06/24 10:00:01 PM
The first part of this week's Task entitled The Big Brother African Fantasy Feast! found Housemates busy shaping chicken mesh wire and paper mache to create masks inspired by African myths. This was an attempt to open an avenue of expression true to their respective character traits.

Today's Task captured the imagination of Big Brother Africa's Tanzanian Housemate, Mwisho, who meticulously sculpted a character he calls `Kebwengo`. He explained the cultural relevance of 'Kebwengo,' a widely revered genie with a big head, and a body nobody has ever seen. It visits your house at night and he *****s the male or the female. Then he runs off into the thick of night leaving the air behind him ringing with the sound of laughter. It seems a fitting facade for concealing a rather 'Mad Mwisho's'real character.

Abby called her mask the African Indian Sea Serpent of the Sun. This is an apt visual interpretation for tracing her maternal ancestry to Mauritius in the Indian Ocean.

The visitor to the Big Brother Africa House, Cameron, created a mask which depicted the wonder of the Elephant. He focused on the elephant's head. These masks may just reveal new facets of the uniquely different traits Housemates never thought would be unearthed.

As they worked on their Task, a tipsy Zein muttered to Warona `You really run with your mouth`, meaning that she talks way too much! Cameron 's suspicion at a possible rift between Warona and Zein has just been confirmed.

Cameron mentioned to Big Brother in his Diary Session earlier today that the tension between Zein and Warona is quite apparent. This observant Scotsman seemed to feel that the tension between them will result in conflict. He noticed immediately Warona's almost desperate need to be heard, even though at times she had nothing to say.

Cameron remained reserved and silent as he listened and observed with undivided attention the potpourri of African characters in the BBA House. Warona gave a dramatic performance of the song `Cameron in Egypt` especially for him. She seemed desperate for a bit of Scottish attention, as Zein's desire for Warona seemed to be on the decline. Zein literally clung around Tapuwa's neck in a very unlikely show of his affection, while they sipped red wine. A visibly distressed Warona asked Zein to refill her glass of wine but he didn't really want to. Only when Cameron stared at him did he decide to get her a refill after all.

Amy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-06-2003, 12:18 AM #2

He looks like a fish out of water in that place, the place looks like Stalag Luft III South Africa. I'm glad I'm not there. The barbe looked good though, made me think it's about time they had one over here. Cameron with the Parot was funny it looked like it was going to savage his arm off or something. Camerons only used to Seagulls. By the time he get's back over here Steph will have gone anyway. Well if I have my way anyway, someone pass me the phone I feel the need to vote this time.

steve_o is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-06-2003, 03:20 AM #3

Default Cameron update

This is from the BBA website.......
Cameron picks up the vibes

2003/06/24 03:30:01 PM
UK Housemate, Cameron, told Big Brother that he's excited about the new Task. 'I am feeling well rested. I feel really good,' he said. When BB asked him about his new Housemates, the Orkney lad had this to say: 'There's not one person that has been unfriendly. They're brilliant.' Cameron was in awe of how culturally diverse Africa is. 'It didn’t really cross my mind that there could be so many different countries in Africa,' he said, 'there's a very big input of culture' in the House.

BB then asked him which Housemate he found most interesting. He was quick to point out that Zambian beauty, Cherise stood out the most. 'I was playing cards with her, and she's got a fantastic laugh. She is very interesting - she showed me her photographs,' he beamed. 'I wonder who else...' he pondered. Desperately trying to find a name other than Cherise's, he blurted: 'Zein's an interesting guy. The first thing that struck me about him was his English accent.

He said it was because he had been at school in America, but I thought he'd have more of an American twang. His accent is the most English. He's a funny character – intelligent and serious.'

Cameron also picked up on tensions and alliances in the House almost immediately. He confided to BB that he thought Malawian Zein and Warona seemed to have a rift between them. 'They seem to be less friendly than some people in the House,' he said.
Cameron mentioned that Zein was agitated when Botswana's Warona mentioned her boyfriend. 'Zein was saying: 'We don’t wanna know about him!' It sounded as though he wished that they could be more relaxed so that there would be a chance for a liaison,' Cameron stated. He also sensed that 'there's something that's annoyed them about each other.'

BB further probed him about finding a companion in the House. 'In our House it was very clear that nothing would happen. There is no immediate tension between girls and guys. Everybody felt that there would be nothing further than a platonic relationship,' he said. In almost the same breath however, he muttered: 'I wonder if I am telling the truth.' Cameron stated that in the UK, no Housemate 'would want to say anything that would incriminate [him/her]'. It was clear to him that 'there's not going to be a hook up'.

He painted a romantic picture by saying that 'if out of twelve people from one continent, there could be a chance that one would find their life partner in the House, it would be wonderful.' Although he's not sure about the BBUK House, according to Cameron, 'there seems to be a greater possibility in this House'.

He added that 'It'll be a desperate shame' if BB instructs him not to tell his UK compatriots about his experience. He doesn’t want to keep this African trip to himself. He also wondered about how Gaetano was doing. 'He [Gaetano] and I won't get a chance to meet up and share our experiences,' he said sadly. However, Cameron assured BB that he would watch BB Africa and see who wins. 'The likelihood is that I won't go until the end; so it'll be really exciting to see whose left in the later stages of the [BB Africa] show'. He admitted that he was impressed at the transcontinental swap because it 'adds an extra dimension to the whole Big Brother experience.'

Excited about the Fantasy Feast Task, Cameron revealed that he had some unique ideas. He would like to do an animal mask and was keen on perfecting an elephant face out of the chicken wire that was supplied to them. He reminisced about some animal masks he bought in Burundi and gave BB citation about animal masks and their association with the spirit world.

Sounds like Cameron is enjoying his African adventure

Old 25-06-2003, 03:50 AM #4

Here's a few piccys from the BBA official website

Old 25-06-2003, 04:18 AM #5

I must admit that Cameron is not my favorite in the uk house ( Jon was ) but I am delighted to hear that he is enjoying the experience in Africa.
I do hope that when he comes back BB will allow him to talk about it to the others.
He seems to have settled quite well in his new enviroment.
Well done Cameron for being the first into the diary room. If the others hadn't been so lazy one of them would have been enjoying the experience.
jbellemeg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 25-06-2003, 05:02 AM #6

Another update from the African house
There's a Scot in the House!

2003/06/24 05:45:01 PM

This new Scottish dude from British BB's accent is kinda cute but I know it will krap me long before he is due to return to England at the end of the week. He is not nearly as hot as Gaetano. Some of the crew in the House - Alex, Mwisho, Warona, Stefan and Abby are doing their best to seem nice and cultured. People like Bayo and Sammi don't seem to care less. Apparently they're in mourning over the loss of their dear Bruna. I would like to see how this plays out, especially as Gaetano will be immune from the upcoming evictions. Bet you Abby and Alex will be high up there amongst the candidates.

I also wonder how the Housemates will get on now. Some will doubtless try very hard to influence the new boy. But others like Sammi, I am sure, will not give him the time of day.

Content kindly provided by Erica Gebhardt from Namibia. Big Brother does not necessarily share the views or opinions expressed in this article, nor should it be interpreted as an indication of favouritism within Big Brother Africa. These are perspectives from 'outside'.
Old 25-06-2003, 08:52 AM #7

I'm amazed they can actually understand Cameron.

I do hope that he will be able to tell the others about his adventure - it would be awful if he had to go in and say something like "it was great but I cant tell you all about it".

Quote:
. Everybody felt that there would be nothing further than a platonic relationship,' he said. In almost the same breath however, he muttered: 'I wonder if I am telling the truth.'
Now just what does he mean by that

BusyBee is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
cameron, update