Notices

BB12 Big Brother 12 started on Thursday Sept 9th 2011 on Channel 5 for a 9-week run. The series was won by Aaron. Tell us what you thought about the housemates and series in this forum.

View Poll Results: Genuine gesture or an attempt to win votes
Genuine gesture 18 17.65%
Genuine gesture
18 17.65%
Attempt to win votes 84 82.35%
Attempt to win votes
84 82.35%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-11-2011, 11:24 PM #51
Love me or hate me!

Favourites:
BB12: Aaron
Love me or hate me!

Favourites:
BB12: Aaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryse12 View Post
The only people saying it wasn't genuine are Aaron fans who of course agree with him! I think it's hilarious! If it was the other way around and Aaron had gotten them presents then of course it would be seen as genuine gesture and not for the cameras! right!? Of course Aaron is going to say they did it for the cameras to put himself in a better light. I can't believe people want someone like Aaron to win! Yes lets reward him for his mature behaviour! All he does is throw strops and I don't find it entertaining. ALEX TO WIN!

And if it was done as a genuine gesture only, then they wouldn't have bitched about how Alex better appreciate it as she never shares anything, in the bedroom afterwards and how what goes around comes around would they?

Surely if it was such a geniune gesture then they would have only spoken about how great this is going to make Tom and Alex feel and that they hope they have a nice party and enjoy it.

They talk about how close they are in the house and that they all trust each other etc, etc yet why not ask Aaron if he wanted to be involved in the party and buying them a gift? Why keep it a secret then? Perhaps BB told them not to tell Aaron, perhaps they didn't say anything like that but Jay is, yet again, talking absolute crap because he can't ever tell Aaron the truth. Hopefully we will soon find out but I wouldn't hold your breath!

Tell me, would you spend 1000 quid on 2 people you've know for just 2 months?

Last edited by Marmalite; 06-11-2011 at 11:25 PM.
Marmalite is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 11:27 PM #52

Favourites:
BB15: Ashleigh

Favourites:
BB15: Ashleigh

A cynical attempt to curry favor with the multitudes. Let's be honest ... 100 quid on gifts would have been extravagant when a nice gesture like a card,cake,barbie doll or one of Jay's special tinfoil creations would have been loved by Alex.

Fake and Aaron is 100% correct.It's not like Jay or Louise are going to hang around with Tom after the show are they?
Cheddarcakes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 12:33 AM #53
Viewer Emeritus

Viewer Emeritus

Aaron is probably kicking himself "Why didn't I think of that, Holy Moly I could've sewn it up right there"
Old 07-11-2011, 12:36 AM #54
R.I.P. Kerry

R.I.P. Kerry

I believe it was an attempt to win more votes.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:53 AM #55

What made me laugh is when Louise went into the mode of 'Alex doesnt let me have any of her stuff'....she quickly realised what she had said then swiftly followed it up with 'but I know you dont give to receive'

Louise keeps saying how she likes to make people happy....did she not put herself in Aarons shoes and think he might feel left out or awkward that he gave nothing. She is one selfish liar.... I hope she loses her money in a task thsi week....she might then understand the value of money and be made to look and feel as foolish as she has made Aaron look.
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 12:54 AM #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by fingers View Post
Aaron is probably kicking himself "Why didn't I think of that, Holy Moly I could've sewn it up right there"

Eeerrr NO... he doesnt have the money to give yet...and like he has said...he wouldnt spend that on a present for his own son let alone Alex and Tom.
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 07:59 AM #57

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Hallie
BB18: Deborah

this is ridiculous...aaron fans can't see past the end of their noses and this poll shows that...
parmnion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:24 AM #58

Favourites:
BB12: Harry
CBB8: Paddy

Favourites:
CBB8: Paddy

Don't you think that the gifts were highly priced for a reason, to test the hms generosity maybe, to make them feel guilty for not spending money that wasn't theirs to make two hms happy? Jay and Louise probably would have bought Tom and Alex cheaper gifts if they were on offer but as this is BB there is always a plot to the way they do things.

Its a game so of course you are going to play it for what its worth whether its a good move or a bad move. The fact that Aaron is sulking says it all. He wanted to be involved in it to look good also and not like the selfish one. But of course BB is all about that isn't.

Last edited by soundslike; 07-11-2011 at 08:25 AM.
soundslike is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 08:24 AM #59
Piertotum Locomotor

Favourites:
BB14 USA: Britney

Piertotum Locomotor

Favourites:
BB14 USA: Britney

Definite attempt for votes. There's nothing this vile couple won't do for more airtime in the aim of getting more votes.

Last edited by Callum; 07-11-2011 at 08:24 AM.
Callum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 10:33 AM #60
Big Brother Addict

Favourites (more):
BBUSA18: Paul
BB17: Jason
Big Brother Addict

Favourites (more):
BBUSA18: Paul
BB17: Jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWong View Post
Good for Aaron. Saying what most are thinking.

Aaron to win!!
+1
Razor is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 10:36 AM #61
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A

User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A

Blatant attention seeking ,trying to look the"Good guys"
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 10:40 AM #62

Who in their right minds would spend that much on someone they hardly know come on it was not theirs to give did they all agree to share it equally when they got out lol just as if they would so in a matter of speaking Aaron did chip in also did Tom and Alex what a farce lol

Last edited by suekatt; 07-11-2011 at 10:42 AM.
suekatt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 10:50 AM #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by suekatt View Post
Who in their right minds would spend that much on someone they hardly know come on it was not theirs to give did they all agree to share it equally when they got out lol just as if they would so in a matter of speaking Aaron did chip in also did Tom and Alex what a farce lol
Not only that, but Louise and Jay also refused twice before deciding to buying them those gifts.
Blink_Me is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 01:00 PM #64

Favourites (more):
CBB 13: Linda Nolan
CBB 12: Vicky Entwistle

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN View Post
Genuine; like I said in the other thread they suddenly have 10k in their pocket which they didn't expect to have, I think they just thought why not spend a bit of it on making the birthday more enjoyable. I think the fact that they showed doubt afterwards shows that it was genuine otherwise why would they express such thoughts if they purely did it to be seen in a good light? Their perception of money & it's value in there must be strange because they're basically spending money they don't have and I think they just did on a spur of the moment and then it only really sank in later
I thought the same thing watching the clip. I think it was genuine, albeit a bit too impulsive maybe.
MachoPoodle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 01:04 PM #65

Jay was not happy that he had spent £500 on each gift.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOxEq...ayer_embedded#!

Last edited by erinp5; 07-11-2011 at 01:05 PM.
erinp5 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 01:05 PM #66

Favourites (more):

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmalite View Post
They talk about how close they are in the house and that they all trust each other etc, etc yet why not ask Aaron if he wanted to be involved in the party and buying them a gift?
Like Aaron trusted them with money and asked BB to make sure he really got 10000 out of Alex and Jay?
MachoPoodle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 01:07 PM #67

Such an interesting post on this from DS, makes interesting reading

Having watched the videos I'm actually watching Louise very closely and I'm quite amazed at what I'm seeing. She seems to be behind a lot of this if you watch carefully, and I think she's playing Jay and Aaron off against one another. It was her idea to go back in and get the £500 pressies, she made sure that she told Tom and Alex how much they cost as soon as they opened them. She made the digs about Aaron and got Jay riled up, she's making loads of noise about "how can he be so awful about us doing such a nice gesture" to make sure the public know who to blame, even tho she's well aware that she got Jay to go back in without telling Aaron first.

I have always thought she's not as dozy as she comes across, I just didn't realise how devious she actually was. I've noticed her getting the digs in lately, she does it very carefully so that she doesn't come across badly, she always starts off with "he's a lovely bloke but.............". She's played Jay very well with her "eee ah'd do ANYTHING for you ya know" and now that Faye has gone she's started demolishing Aaron. I feel quite sorry for Jay and I never thought I'd hear myself say that !! I think he does quite genuinely care for her, and can't believe that he's found someone that goodlooking who likes all the things he does and would do "anything" for him.

She's played quite a few of them, like Faye and Maisy over Heaven's drink, she didn't admit to being part of them having drunk it. She'd been making little digs about Aaron to Faye for quite a while which we just caught a glimpse of here and there, but never quite overtly enough to be caught out redhanded. Watching this last bit tho has really set the alarm bells ringing, and I think she's at last making her play openly for the winner's title, or to at least make sure that she and Jay will come as close to the top as possible so they can do all the mag deals. If I'm right tho, she's playing a very dangerous game if she stirs Jay up too much against Aaron, because if he ends up punching Aaron he will be thrown out. Or maybe that's what she wants, after all it would be in all the headlines and no publicity is bad publicity, especially if you're shown as just being the beautiful girl model that's standing by her man. IMO Louise is VERY shadeh !!
Old 07-11-2011, 01:21 PM #68

I've always said Louise isn't as dumb as she's making out, she's really rather sly.
Elzo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 01:30 PM #69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheddarcakes View Post
A cynical attempt to curry favor with the multitudes. Let's be honest ... 100 quid on gifts would have been extravagant when a nice gesture like a card,cake,barbie doll or one of Jay's special tinfoil creations would have been loved by Alex.
Exactly!

Nice to know that in these hard times people money is being so well spent. I may not like Alex or Tom particularly but I bet they're much like me in that they wouldn't spend more than a £100 on a watch or pair of shoes you're not getting anything you appreciate for the extra cash.

And, yes, Louise is raaaat shadeh!
Gravedigger is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 01:35 PM #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by erinp5 View Post
Such an interesting post on this from DS, makes interesting reading

Having watched the videos I'm actually watching Louise very closely and I'm quite amazed at what I'm seeing. She seems to be behind a lot of this if you watch carefully, and I think she's playing Jay and Aaron off against one another. It was her idea to go back in and get the £500 pressies, she made sure that she told Tom and Alex how much they cost as soon as they opened them. She made the digs about Aaron and got Jay riled up, she's making loads of noise about "how can he be so awful about us doing such a nice gesture" to make sure the public know who to blame, even tho she's well aware that she got Jay to go back in without telling Aaron first.

I have always thought she's not as dozy as she comes across, I just didn't realise how devious she actually was. I've noticed her getting the digs in lately, she does it very carefully so that she doesn't come across badly, she always starts off with "he's a lovely bloke but.............". She's played Jay very well with her "eee ah'd do ANYTHING for you ya know" and now that Faye has gone she's started demolishing Aaron. I feel quite sorry for Jay and I never thought I'd hear myself say that !! I think he does quite genuinely care for her, and can't believe that he's found someone that goodlooking who likes all the things he does and would do "anything" for him.

She's played quite a few of them, like Faye and Maisy over Heaven's drink, she didn't admit to being part of them having drunk it. She'd been making little digs about Aaron to Faye for quite a while which we just caught a glimpse of here and there, but never quite overtly enough to be caught out redhanded. Watching this last bit tho has really set the alarm bells ringing, and I think she's at last making her play openly for the winner's title, or to at least make sure that she and Jay will come as close to the top as possible so they can do all the mag deals. If I'm right tho, she's playing a very dangerous game if she stirs Jay up too much against Aaron, because if he ends up punching Aaron he will be thrown out. Or maybe that's what she wants, after all it would be in all the headlines and no publicity is bad publicity, especially if you're shown as just being the beautiful girl model that's standing by her man. IMO Louise is VERY shadeh !!
I have to smile, thank you for re-posting my post from Gaga you could have credited me as I have the same name on here. I have actually already posted this on another thread in here but anyway its a valid point and certainly opened my eyes.
squiggle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 01:38 PM #71

Quote:
Jay was not happy that he had spent £500 on each gift.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOxEq...ayer_embedded#!
And you could tell Louise was being fake about it as well.
Blink_Me is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 01:44 PM #72

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by squiggle View Post
I have to smile, thank you for re-posting my post from Gaga you could have credited me as I have the same name on here. I have actually already posted this on another thread in here but anyway its a valid point and certainly opened my eyes.
Sorry, I certainly didnt take credit for the post Squiggle I just copied what was taken from DS and put it here stating it came from DS.I had no idea you were on here and that you had already posted it. .I found it an interesting post with very legitimate observations about Louise.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:48 PM #73
Pyramid*

Pyramid*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWong View Post
A desperate attempt to win votes.

If i ask a mate to chip in for another mates present and he says no, i don't then go and slag him off for not chipping in.

I also don't instantly regret it and expect a nosh in return or to be able to borrow something of theirs.
This pretty much.

Defined by Louise bitching about Alex and then saying, "You don't give to receive.... BUT "

Love, there's no BUT.

unless you expect to receive something back. Muppet of a woman.

Last edited by Pyramid*; 07-11-2011 at 01:52 PM.
Pyramid* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 01:49 PM #74

Quote:
Sorry, I certainly didnt take credit for the post Squiggle I just copied what was taken from DS and put it here stating it came from DS.I had no idea you were on here and that you had already posted it. .I found it an interesting post with very legitimate observations about Louise.
No worries erin, its just the wording was the exact same as I posted on Gaga. Like you I am so glad I saw that post WOW is all I can say, I just didn't see it before but when I look at Louise now its so obvious
squiggle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 01:49 PM #75

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

Favourites (more):
Love Island 4: Eyal
DOI 2018: Alex Beresford

"Jay, Louise & Aaron were asked to the diary room...they were offered the chance to buy a selection of presents 4 Tom and Alex. First selection ranged from £1K-2K in price: they were declined by all 3. Then, they were asked back to look at gifts that ranged from £500-1K in price—they declined....Jay and Louise went back to the diary room & buy Tom & Alex a watch and a pair of shoes which cost each of them £500 from their prize fund. Aaron was unaware of this fact, though."

RIP Pyramid, Andyman ,Kerry and Lex xx

https://www.facebook.com/JamesBulgerMT/?fref=photo

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, most people would be vegetarian"
Kazanne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
alex, gifts, jay, louise, thoughts, tom