Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB12 Big Brother 12 started on Thursday Sept 9th 2011 on Channel 5 for a 9-week run. The series was won by Aaron. Tell us what you thought about the housemates and series in this forum.

Old 11-11-2011, 10:55 PM #1

Default Brian really needs to slow down with his interviews

Brian really needs to slow down with his interviews. Seriously, he just talks so fast, it's like the HMs are trying to process what he's saying, they spit out a couple words and he's raced on the next question. I get that he might've been extra hyped for the finale tonight, and there's time constraints etc.. But the highlight of the show should be actually hearing from the HMs we've been watching for near 70 days, not seeing how many questions Brian can squeeze into 6 mins. Admittedly i'm not a fan of his, but if he does continue on as host i think he really has to chill out a bit, and work on his skills, coz honestly he's an atrocious interviewer!
psychtracker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 10:58 PM #2
Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace
BB2023: Yinrun

Like a fine whiskey

Favourites:
CBB2024: Marisha Wallace
BB2023: Yinrun

Yeah, I found that. At first I thought it was just Louise being a bit dim, but then Alex looked puzzled loads during hers and then the same happened with Jay and Aaron.

It's never too late to be who you once could have been...

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTVN

Anyway there's an explanation and I don't really appreciate your tone. It's very aggressive so I'm going to close this, sorry for killing the internet mate

Benjamin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 11:10 PM #3
♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

♡☯♡☮♡☯♡☮♡

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Bimini Bon Boulash
BBUSA22: Janelle

cos he's a **** presenter

Spoiler:

reece(: is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 11:25 PM #4

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

Favourites:
BB2023: Noky

And stop wasting time asking "Are you suprised to be evicted"
Jordan. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 12:00 AM #5
Born to Folk

Born to Folk

Get Brian out!
Bollo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 06:38 AM #6

Favourites:
BB12: Aaron
BB11: Sam

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychtracker View Post
Brian really needs to slow down with his interviews. Seriously, he just talks so fast, it's like the HMs are trying to process what he's saying, they spit out a couple words and he's raced on the next question. I get that he might've been extra hyped for the finale tonight, and there's time constraints etc.. But the highlight of the show should be actually hearing from the HMs we've been watching for near 70 days, not seeing how many questions Brian can squeeze into 6 mins. Admittedly i'm not a fan of his, but if he does continue on as host i think he really has to chill out a bit, and work on his skills, coz honestly he's an atrocious interviewer!
I have to agree with you on some things. I'm a Brian fan. I've liked him since BB2 and he's always been one of my favorites. I love the type of humour he has (as well as Aaron's although they aren't similar). With that being said, Brian's humour works best when it's not scripted. It's bound to each situation but it works because he's very quickwitted. Mostly it doesn't seem to work in the evictions though but I blame that to the fact that it's scripted.

But about last night's interviews. I was disappointed in them, but to be fair, not only because of Brian. I think the excitement got the better of Brian yesterday and he couldn't contain himself and asked too many questions without giving the time to answer. I think he's done well on the other interviews but last nights weren't good. I didn't like the questions much (however I don't even remember them at this point). Also I didn't like how he uses a phrase something like "to us it seemed..." because for example what he said about Aaron, I didn't agree with. To be fair, Emma does the same and that annoys me too (or now that I think about it, Emma might say "to me" which is ok because it shows her personal view, not a collective view of the viewing public).

On the other hand, even if the questions could have been better, I think he had a quite tough job because all the four housemates were shellshocked. I didn't have high hopes for Louise's and Alex's interviews and they were exactly as "deep" as I expected, but I was really surprised about Jay's and Aaron's interviews. I usually think they are able to speak and explain their feelings but yesterday neither of them was.

Last edited by crocs; 12-11-2011 at 06:39 AM. Reason: spelling
crocs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 07:19 AM #7

Yep, fair points crocs. He's a popular bloke, and he is quick witted and intelligent. I guess what's always put me off him, is i find him to be one of those people who when in a conversation, he seems to be only partially listening, and often turns the conversation back onto himself. I'm inclined to think that his talent is not as an interviewer, as his listening skills and concentration levels are not that great, as well i don't think he has the skills to properly relax his guest/s. I really think his TV schtick is being on a wacky panel show, or something. Anyways, if he does come back next year, i hope he works on it a bit..slows down, and concentrates a bit more. Emma i think would make a really good host, i like her interview style, she's friendly and has a warm personality, and she's calm and relaxed.
psychtracker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 10:31 AM #8

Favourites:

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychtracker View Post
Yep, fair points crocs. He's a popular bloke, and he is quick witted and intelligent. I guess what's always put me off him, is i find him to be one of those people who when in a conversation, he seems to be only partially listening, and often turns the conversation back onto himself. I'm inclined to think that his talent is not as an interviewer, as his listening skills and concentration levels are not that great, as well i don't think he has the skills to properly relax his guest/s. I really think his TV schtick is being on a wacky panel show, or something. Anyways, if he does come back next year, i hope he works on it a bit..slows down, and concentrates a bit more. Emma i think would make a really good host, i like her interview style, she's friendly and has a warm personality, and she's calm and relaxed.
True to a certain extent. I haven't really seen it now, since the eviction show is so different to him being a housemate in BB, but I remember thinking that he was a pretty good listener even though at times it seemed he wasn't listening at all. He might have refered to other people's speech later and that showed he did listen. His jokes in the eviction shows are pretty often somehow linked to himself. At times they work and at times they don't.

I think if Brian was interviewing, it should be similar show as Graham Norton's. Graham used to do a lot more jokes that were somehow linked to himself but I feel that he's changed a bit.

Both Emma and Alice are doing good job at hosting and I could see either of them as a BB host but I don't mind Brian continuing either.
crocs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
brian, interviews, slow