Notices

CBB9 Celebrity Big Brother 9 on Channel 5, was shown January 2012 and won by Denise Welch. Discuss the series here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 29-01-2012, 03:38 PM #76
Jack_ Jack_ is offline
oh fack off
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: England
Posts: 47,428

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright


Jack_ Jack_ is offline
oh fack off
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: England
Posts: 47,428

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramid* View Post
Yes it is. Throughout the interview: Denise is so obsessed with Michael that she CONTINUALLY had to refer to him in a derogatory manner - he therefore had every right to defend himself - regardless. That's my opinion and whether you like it or not, it is a valid opinion.
What? That never happened at all.

The interview was running smoothly, no comments about Michael had been made by Denise. Emma was then about to ask some questions about Michael, when in the audience it became apparent that Michael himself was pretending to snore - which is out and out rudeness. Denise called him up on it, saying it was 'bad sportsmanship', which it is, he continued, shouted a bit - and so Denise quite rightfully told him to '**** off'. That is how it happened - Michael started it all.

It is not an opinion. It was rudeness from Michael, and that's the bottom line of it.
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2012, 03:40 PM #77
Pyramid* Pyramid* is offline
Pyramid*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 14,528


Pyramid* Pyramid* is offline
Pyramid*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 14,528


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post
What? That never happened at all.

The interview was running smoothly, no comments about Michael had been made by Denise. Emma was then about to ask some questions about Michael, when in the audience it became apparent that Michael himself was pretending to snore - which is out and out rudeness. Denise called him up on it, saying it was 'bad sportsmanship', which it is, he continued, shouted a bit - and so Denise quite rightfully told him to '**** off'. That is how it happened - Michael started it all.

It is not an opinion. It was rudeness from Michael, and that's the bottom line of it.

It's my opinion - and it's valid. You might not agree, but that's the way the cookie crumbles. If he wanted to inject a bit of humour into things - that was up to him. I didn't have an issue with it.

Telling someone to **** off, which she did, is far more rude, rather than ignoring Michael which she could have done....

Last edited by Pyramid*; 29-01-2012 at 03:41 PM.
Pyramid* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2012, 03:41 PM #78
Kizzy's Avatar
Kizzy Kizzy is offline
Likes cars that go boom
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 41,755


Kizzy Kizzy is offline
Likes cars that go boom
Kizzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 41,755


Default

going in circles here... you say tomato and i say denise is an old soak...lets call the whole thing off
Kizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2012, 03:42 PM #79
Pyramid* Pyramid* is offline
Pyramid*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 14,528


Pyramid* Pyramid* is offline
Pyramid*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 14,528


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kizzy View Post
going in circles here... you say tomato and i say denise is an old soak...lets call the whole thing off

Pyramid* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2012, 03:52 PM #80
Jack_ Jack_ is offline
oh fack off
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: England
Posts: 47,428

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright


Jack_ Jack_ is offline
oh fack off
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: England
Posts: 47,428

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramid* View Post
It's my opinion - and it's valid. You might not agree, but that's the way the cookie crumbles. If he wanted to inject a bit of humour into things - that was up to him. I didn't have an issue with it.

Telling someone to **** off, which she did, is far more rude, rather than ignoring Michael which she could have done....
No it is not valid. This is a case of fact, not opinion. It wasn't humorous in the slightest, well, maybe in an this-is-awkward-tv-but-it's-amusing kind of way, but when you take that aspect out of it and look at it seriously and maturely - Michael was rude and bad mannered. As I have said previously in this thread or another, if you pretended to snore in a classroom/lecture/meeting, you would be shown the door, as everybody knows how bad mannered and rude it is. How anybody could attempt to try and dispute that is just beyond me...because quite clearly you can't.

So let me get this straight, someone is quite blatantly baiting her, being rude and bad mannered and quite unfair, and she is supposed to just sit there and take it? How ridiculous. If she didn't tell him how rude he was being, no one else would have done...and someone had to do it. If someone is being rude, you call them up on it, and you are quite within your rights to be rude back to them. Ignoring them just allows them to bait you even more.
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2012, 03:54 PM #81
Ammi's Avatar
Ammi Ammi is offline
Quand il pleut, il pleut
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 63,523


Ammi Ammi is offline
Quand il pleut, il pleut
Ammi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 63,523


Default

I'm still not sure about the snoring because whatever Michael did/said was off camera but it's still a matter of opinion as to whetehr he was in the right or wrong...when Denise tried to jab Michael in the bedroom, which she did, it was on camera...its a matter of opinion whether it was in fun...when Denise pulled down Karissa's pj's and exposed her ass..its a matter of opinion whether it was in fun...when Michael did/said something off camera..its a matter of opinion whether it was in fun....the only facts are what the reactions to these are..everything else is an opinion and of course there will be biased opinions...most opinions are
Ammi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2012, 03:56 PM #82
Kizzy's Avatar
Kizzy Kizzy is offline
Likes cars that go boom
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 41,755


Kizzy Kizzy is offline
Likes cars that go boom
Kizzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 41,755


Default

what if you are resting and some old woman thrusts her spanial ears in your face...how mature is that?....discuss
Kizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2012, 03:57 PM #83
Pyramid* Pyramid* is offline
Pyramid*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 14,528


Pyramid* Pyramid* is offline
Pyramid*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 14,528


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post
No it is not valid. This is a case of fact, not opinion. It wasn't humorous in the slightest, well, maybe in an this-is-awkward-tv-but-it's-amusing kind of way, but when you take that aspect out of it and look at it seriously and maturely - Michael was rude and bad mannered. As I have said previously in this thread or another, if you pretended to snore in a classroom/lecture/meeting, you would be shown the door, as everybody knows how bad mannered and rude it is. How anybody could attempt to try and dispute that is just beyond me...because quite clearly you can't.

So let me get this straight, someone is quite blatantly baiting her, being rude and bad mannered and quite unfair, and she is supposed to just sit there and take it? How ridiculous. If she didn't tell him how rude he was being, no one else would have done...and someone had to do it. If someone is being rude, you call them up on it, and you are quite within your rights to be rude back to them. Ignoring them just allows them to bait you even more.

Three words Jack in response. Yes it is.
Pyramid* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2012, 03:58 PM #84
Pyramid* Pyramid* is offline
Pyramid*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 14,528


Pyramid* Pyramid* is offline
Pyramid*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 14,528


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammi View Post
I'm still not sure about the snoring because whatever Michael did/said was off camera but it's still a matter of opinion as to whetehr he was in the right or wrong...when Denise tried to jab Michael in the bedroom, which she did, it was on camera...its a matter of opinion whether it was in fun...when Denise pulled down Karissa's pj's and exposed her ass..its a matter of opinion whether it was in fun...when Michael did/said something off camera..its a matter of opinion whether it was in fun....the only facts are what the reactions to these are..everything else is an opinion and of course there will be biased opinions...most opinions are
Common sense hits the thread......
Pyramid* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2012, 04:02 PM #85
Jack_ Jack_ is offline
oh fack off
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: England
Posts: 47,428

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright


Jack_ Jack_ is offline
oh fack off
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: England
Posts: 47,428

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramid* View Post
Three words Jack in response. Yes it is.
Congratulations in bypassing everything else I posted as part of my counter argument, therefore proving you have no way of justifying your biased 'opinion'. I gave you the opportunity, and you know full well there's no way you can dispute this, so instead of attempting to reply - you chickened out and posted something baseless.
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2012, 04:02 PM #86
rusticgal's Avatar
rusticgal rusticgal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 24,372


rusticgal rusticgal is offline
Senior Member
rusticgal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 24,372


Default

Dont know what he said or did but he and the twins were giggling like children.... So good on Denise for telling him he was rude and telling him where to go.

....of course the 'classy' twins sat there chewing gum with their mouths open...

Guess no surprise then that Michaels making wild accusations in the sunday papers...sore loser and Denise made him look the prize fool that he is...
rusticgal is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2012, 04:04 PM #87
Pyramid* Pyramid* is offline
Pyramid*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 14,528


Pyramid* Pyramid* is offline
Pyramid*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 14,528


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post
Congratulations in bypassing everything else I posted as part of my counter argument, therefore proving you have no way of justifying your biased 'opinion'. I gave you the opportunity, and you know full well there's no way you can dispute this, so instead of attempting to reply - you chickened out and posted something baseless.
There was nothing more to say. Three little words said it all Jack.

My (and anyone else's opinion) is as valid as yours. Difficult as you may find that to believe -but that's something known as FACT.
Pyramid* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2012, 04:10 PM #88
Jack_ Jack_ is offline
oh fack off
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: England
Posts: 47,428

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright


Jack_ Jack_ is offline
oh fack off
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: England
Posts: 47,428

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramid* View Post
There was nothing more to say. Three little words said it all Jack.

My (and anyone else's opinion) is as valid as yours. Difficult as you may find that to believe -but that's something known as FACT.
Of course there was, and I listed almost all of them in my reply. The example I made about lectures/meetings, the point I made that she shouldn't allow someone to bait her and the simple fact that it is well known that that sort of behaviour is bad mannered. You responded to absolutely none of them, when they were all valid, reasoned responses. You had the opportunity to respond and attempt to justify your point, but you didn't. And you didn't because you knew full well that you couldn't.

You're a master at bypassing points Pyramid but it doesn't wash with me I'm afraid. If you can't take on a simple, reasoned counter argument then yours is proven as baseless and falls flat on its face, showing that it is not a valid opinion.
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2012, 04:12 PM #89
Pyramid* Pyramid* is offline
Pyramid*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 14,528


Pyramid* Pyramid* is offline
Pyramid*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 14,528


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post
Of course there was, and I listed almost all of them in my reply. The example I made about lectures/meetings, the point I made that she shouldn't allow someone to bait her and the simple fact that it is well known that that sort of behaviour is bad mannered. You responded to absolutely none of them, when they were all valid, reasoned responses. You had the opportunity to respond and attempt to justify your point, but you didn't. And you didn't because you knew full well that you couldn't.

You're a master at bypassing points Pyramid but it doesn't wash with me I'm afraid. If you can't take on a simple, reasoned counter argument then yours is proven as baseless and falls flat on its face, showing that it is not a valid opinion.
Here is a thing you seem to have missed. I already have made my point several times over in earlier replies to you.

I don't have to put up paragraphs to get my message over. You simply aren't chosing to accept it - that therefore is your issue Jack, not mine.
Pyramid* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2012, 04:16 PM #90
Jack_ Jack_ is offline
oh fack off
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: England
Posts: 47,428

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright


Jack_ Jack_ is offline
oh fack off
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: England
Posts: 47,428

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramid* View Post
Here is a thing you seem to have missed. I already have made my point several times over in earlier replies to you.

I don't have to put up paragraphs to get my message over. You simply aren't chosing to accept it - that therefore is your issue Jack, not mine.
Please refer me to this post because the only replies from you to me that I have seen have been full of the same old 'this is my opinion, accept it' and 'it is valid' rubbish, without the need for any justifications or thought-out responses to the actual valid points that I raised in each of my counter arguments.

You haven't once responded to the examples and points I made specifically in direct response to you. Not once. You didn't even do it in this post that I am quoting here. As I have said, if you can't argue your point it is rendered void and baseless.
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2012, 04:26 PM #91
Pyramid* Pyramid* is offline
Pyramid*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 14,528


Pyramid* Pyramid* is offline
Pyramid*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 14,528


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post
Please refer me to this post because the only replies from you to me that I have seen have been full of the same old 'this is my opinion, accept it' and 'it is valid' rubbish, without the need for any justifications or thought-out responses to the actual valid points that I raised in each of my counter arguments.

You haven't once responded to the examples and points I made specifically in direct response to you. Not once. You didn't even do it in this post that I am quoting here. As I have said, if you can't argue your point it is rendered void and baseless.
I don't believe I am forced to have to argue the toss with you. That, Jack is my choice - I disagree with you - and I've stated why earlier. If you want an ongoing rammie with your paragraphs of the same stuff over and over: carry on. Don't be expecting me to reply in depth.
Pyramid* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2012, 04:29 PM #92
Angus's Avatar
Angus Angus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: on the sofa
Posts: 8,182

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Martin Kemp
BB13: Adam
Angus Angus is offline
Senior Member
Angus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: on the sofa
Posts: 8,182

Favourites (more):
CBB 10: Martin Kemp
BB13: Adam
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramid* View Post
I don't believe I am forced to have to argue the toss with you. That, Jack is my choice - I disagree with you - and I've stated why earlier. If you want an ongoing rammie with your paragraphs of the same stuff over and over: carry on. Don't be expecting me to reply in depth.

Quite right Pyramid, life is too short. It's what's known as a circular argument, pointless and boring to the nth degree. I wouldn't be a*sed either
__________________


5 Kings: 1 throne
Angus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2012, 04:30 PM #93
JonRC JonRC is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 44
JonRC JonRC is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 44
Default

whatever you opinion of Michael or Denise, whoever you think should have won, the fact remains that she did win and he should have kept quiet during the interview - I don't care that he thought it was funny, I don't care that some here agree with him, it's a simple matter of manners.

Check my previous posts here, I wanted Denise out first, I certainly did NOT want her to win, but she did, and common decency would suggest EVERYONE just bite their tongue for 5 mins.
JonRC is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2012, 04:30 PM #94
Pyramid* Pyramid* is offline
Pyramid*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 14,528


Pyramid* Pyramid* is offline
Pyramid*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 14,528


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus View Post
Quite right Pyramid, life is too short. It's what's known as a circular argument, pointless and boring to the nth degree. I wouldn't be a*sed either

Especially when I'm in dire need of a nice strong cuppa and a ciggie.
Pyramid* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2012, 04:33 PM #95
Jack_ Jack_ is offline
oh fack off
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: England
Posts: 47,428

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright


Jack_ Jack_ is offline
oh fack off
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: England
Posts: 47,428

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramid* View Post
I don't believe I am forced to have to argue the toss with you. That, Jack is my choice - I disagree with you - and I've stated why earlier. If you want an ongoing rammie with your paragraphs of the same stuff over and over: carry on. Don't be expecting me to reply in depth.


It's a sad state of affairs when you can't justify your point when a simple counter argument is made to you. Instead you turn to pointless excuses, yet we all know how capable you are of attempting to argue your point, so it's a shame when you choose to give up this easily. You have a frequent tendency to bypass important information and reasoned arguments that people make Pyramid, it just shows your side of the argument up really.

You can't reply in depth because...well, you can't reply in depth. I made indisputable points that you noted and chose not to respond to because you couldn't. If you've been proven wrong you should either accept and admit it or still attempt to respond, that's how I usually roll. Not ignoring valid points that people raise like a politician would.
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2012, 04:40 PM #96
Pyramid* Pyramid* is offline
Pyramid*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 14,528


Pyramid* Pyramid* is offline
Pyramid*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 14,528


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post


It's a sad state of affairs when you can't justify your point when a simple counter argument is made to you. Instead you turn to pointless excuses, yet we all know how capable you are of attempting to argue your point, so it's a shame when you choose to give up this easily. You have a frequent tendency to bypass important information and reasoned arguments that people make Pyramid, it just shows your side of the argument up really.

You can't reply in depth because...well, you can't reply in depth. I made indisputable points that you noted and chose not to respond to because you couldn't. If you've been proven wrong you should either accept and admit it or still attempt to respond, that's how I usually roll. Not ignoring valid points that people raise like a politician would.
It shows nothing more than my considering you simply not worth arguing the toss with Jack.

The end.
Pyramid* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2012, 04:42 PM #97
Jack_ Jack_ is offline
oh fack off
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: England
Posts: 47,428

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright


Jack_ Jack_ is offline
oh fack off
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: England
Posts: 47,428

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramid* View Post
It shows nothing more than my considering you simply not worth arguing the toss with Jack.

The end.
Yet again, more bypassing. You're a master at this game aren't you?

I guess I win. The end.
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2012, 06:53 PM #98
Wayne-Kerr's Avatar
Wayne-Kerr Wayne-Kerr is offline
TiBB > Digital ***
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 138

Favourites (more):
BB12: Jay
CBB9: Frankie Cocozza
Wayne-Kerr Wayne-Kerr is offline
TiBB > Digital ***
Wayne-Kerr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 138

Favourites (more):
BB12: Jay
CBB9: Frankie Cocozza
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramid* View Post
There was nothing more to say. Three little words said it all Jack.

My (and anyone else's opinion) is as valid as yours. Difficult as you may find that to believe -but that's something known as FACT.
Here's how we'll settle this. Your opinion is valid, but wrong.

All sorted.
Wayne-Kerr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2012, 07:04 PM #99
Pyramid* Pyramid* is offline
Pyramid*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 14,528


Pyramid* Pyramid* is offline
Pyramid*
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 14,528


Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne-Kerr View Post
Here's how we'll settle this. Your opinion is valid, but wrong.

All sorted.
I like your user name. Pick it yourself did you...
Pyramid* is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 29-01-2012, 08:00 PM #100
Wayne-Kerr's Avatar
Wayne-Kerr Wayne-Kerr is offline
TiBB > Digital ***
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 138

Favourites (more):
BB12: Jay
CBB9: Frankie Cocozza
Wayne-Kerr Wayne-Kerr is offline
TiBB > Digital ***
Wayne-Kerr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 138

Favourites (more):
BB12: Jay
CBB9: Frankie Cocozza
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramid* View Post
I like your user name. Pick it yourself did you...
Yeah, I'm clever like that.
Wayne-Kerr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Reply

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
loser, madsen, michael, sore

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:44 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
 

About Us ThisisBigBrother.com

"Big Brother and UK Television Forum. Est. 2001"

 

© 2023
no new posts