Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Music This forum is for discussing artists, singles, albums, the charts and anything music-related.

Old 30-01-2012, 08:42 PM #1
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Default Jack White - Love Interruption (solo single)

Quote:
Jack White has unveiled his new solo single 'Love Interruption' online - scroll down and click below to hear it.

The ex-White Stripes man is releasing the track as a 7" single next Tuesday (February 7), ahead of the release of his debut solo album 'Blunderbuss' on April 23.

Produced by White at his own Third Man Studio in Nashville, the single comes backed with non-album B-side 'Machine Gun Silhouette' – it's available for pre-order from JackWhiteIII.com and Thirdmanrecords.com.

Speaking about 'Blunderbuss', White commented that it was "an album I couldn't have released until now".

He continued:
I've put off making records under my own name for a long time but these songs feel like they could only be presented under my name. These songs were written from scratch, had nothing to do with anyone or anything else but my own expression, my own colors on my own canvas.

The unveiling of the material comes almost a year to the day (February 2, 2011) that The White Stripes announced announced they had split up. A statement released by the duo – which also featured White's former wife Meg White – claimed that artistic differences, health issues or a "lack of wanting to continue" were not the reasons for the split.

"It [the split] is for a myriad of reasons, but mostly to preserve what is beautiful and special about the band and have it stay that way," the statement said.

In the 12 months since the end of the band, White has kept himself busy with collaborations and production work at his Third Man Records label, working with Insane Clown Posse, Tom Jones, US comic Stephen Colbert and rappers Black Milk.

White also played US live dates with The Raconteurs, his band with Brendan Benson and The Greenhornes' Patrick Keeler and Jack Lawrence, last September.

His other band, The Dead Weather – which also features The Kills' Alison Mosshart – released their second album 'Sea Of Cowards' in 2010.

To learn more about Jack White's career, head to iTunes.com.applel.com/nme-icons, where you can purchase a special NME iPad app detailing the celebrated singer/guitarist/producer's past 15 years in rock'n'roll.

A one-off NME Icons special issue magazine dedicated to White is also available from all good retailers. For all the details on that and how to purchase the magazine, visit Backstreet-merch.com.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-01-2012, 08:49 PM #2
Ninastar

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Michelle Visage
X Factor 2014: Fleur East

Ninastar

Favourites (more):
CBB15: Michelle Visage
X Factor 2014: Fleur East

quite like it (and only 30 secs in too lolol)

Last edited by Ninastar; 30-01-2012 at 08:50 PM.
Ninastar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 30-01-2012, 09:00 PM #3
Born to Folk

Born to Folk

Hmmm bit slow and acousticcy (?) for me, I always preferred his uptempo stuff with The Stripes. But maybe its a grower...
Bollo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
interruption, jack, love, single, solo, white