Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

BB4 Cameron, Ray, Scott, Jon Tickle, Nush and the others from Big Brother 4 in 2003.

Old 18-08-2003, 10:39 PM #1
Administrator

Administrator

Default Cameron shops for a piano!

Story from Scottish Daily Record - 16th August

Quote:
BIG Brother champion Cameron Stout arrived back in Scotland yesterday - and went shopping for a piano.

The Orkney fish trader had promised to buy a new one for his local church if he won the £70,000 prize in the Channel 4 reality show. So on his way north, he stopped off in Aberdeen to pick one out.

Kirkwall Baptist Church's current piano has been there for years and worshippers say it's on its last legs. Orkney has a music shop but it doesn't have any pianos.

So yesterday Cameron, 32, spent an hour in Bruce Miller's music shop in Aberdeen's Union Street. He had more than 20 pianos to try out and the one that caught his eye was an upright Kawai KX15 with a cash price of £2999.

But the cautious islander didn't strike a deal right away and decided to make his mind up later. He explained: "I'm just having a look today, still waiting to have a final deciding session. Quite a number of them have caught my eye.

"I would love a grand piano or a baby grand. It wouldn't be too much for the church but we have a small space that the piano goes in, so it will have to be a traditional upright."

Dressed in knee-length tan shorts and looking every inch the tourist, globe- trotter Cameron admitted: "It's just brill to be back."

Since winning Big Brother 4 a month ago, the self-confessed virgin and tee- totaller has become the country's hottest bachelor. He was whisked away to Chicago to see his godson and take a break. But since he got back he has endured an endless round of TV appearances and photo- shoots. Last night, he was the guest star at Aberdeen nightclub Jumpin Jaks. Today he will catch the lunchtime ferry from Scrabster in Caithness to his home in Stromness, where he will arrive to a hero's welcome from delighted islanders.

He said: "I am looking forward to just being there in general - but don't expect me to kiss the ground when I get there."

Cameron's pal Mairi Paton, an Aberdeen-based teacher, was with him during the piano hunt and said the show hadn't changed him a bit.

She added: "Its been quite entertaining being with him and watching all the girls coming up to him. He is just the same guy. It was kind of bizarre watching him on the TV all the time. I had never watched Big Brother in my life before. The kids at my school found out I knew Cameron and it did wonders for my credibility. It was so funny."

Level-headed Cameron has pledged not to let his success on Big Brother affect him. He plans to be in church tomorrow and will be returning to his old job among the fish.
Awww, typical canny Scot!

Glad to hear he hasn't forgotten his promise to buy a piano for his church, though. Just go for it, Cam!!
Kaz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
cameron, piano, shops