Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

The Voice The reality singing show now shown on ITV.

Old 27-05-2012, 09:18 PM #51
Too glam to give a damn

Too glam to give a damn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callum View Post
The BBC just have a track record for not being able to do talent shows very well, look at Fame Academy, the Andrew Lloyd Webber shows and now The Voice. They never seem to get it right. People are moaning about the time slot but starting later at around 7.30 or 8 isn't an option for the BBC because they have long running shows like Casualty which are always shown on Saturday evenings. They won't move that to a later or earlier timeslot so The Voice has no option but to be on very early.
I agree with what you're saying partially. I don't think they have a good track record with talent shows. I do really like So You Think You Can Dance, but that does have poor ratings. I loved Andrew Lloyd Webber's show, I had no Idea that it had bad ratings, that's probably why it's been switched to ITV.

All I'm saying is, the fact that it did well with a later timeslot in the early stages of the show, means something. BBC need to get their act together if they think putting a crappy show like Casualty in its usual place will benefit The Voice.

Please Note : There is nothing wrong at all with being gay.

Last edited by Braden; 27-05-2012 at 09:23 PM.
Braden is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-05-2012, 09:23 PM #52
Banned

Banned

They need to make the later stages more interesting, the auditions were good but it got boring after the battles.
Tom4784 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-05-2012, 09:33 PM #53
Piertotum Locomotor

Favourites:
BB14 USA: Britney

Piertotum Locomotor

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden View Post

All I'm saying is, the fact that it did well with a later timeslot in the early stages of the show, means something. BBC need to get their act together if they think putting a crappy show like Casualty in its usual show means that they are making The Voice suffer.
I agree with you, I don't know anybody who watches Casualty and I personally don't think it's a very good show but it does seem to have a loyal fanbase, pulling in an average of 5-6m viewers each week. I don't see the BBC getting rid of it anytime soon. Also, the National Lottery: In It to Win It often gets the 8pm timeslot and for some reason they won't put it on earlier. It does get more viewers than The Voice but the 8pm timeslot surely helps.
Callum is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-05-2012, 09:57 PM #54
oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Ah yeah I forgot to post this earlier.

Just dismal really, when you consider that some points this series were reaching 12m, 4.5 is just piss poor.

I really hope they make some adjustments to the live stages next year, and move it to January to avoid BGT, or else there's no going back for this show, which will be a shame. There's a decent format in there waiting to come out, but the latter stages of it let it down completely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
Fame Academy was amazing
x2

Why they can't bring that back I don't know. It was like Big Brother meets X Factor...perfection.
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-05-2012, 10:25 PM #55
Piertotum Locomotor

Favourites:

Piertotum Locomotor

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post
I really hope they make some adjustments to the live stages next year, and move it to January to avoid BGT, or else there's no going back for this show, which will be a shame. There's a decent format in there waiting to come out, but the latter stages of it let it down completely.
It hasn't been up against BGT for 2 weeks now and the ratings are still dismal. Some big changes are needed next series if they want to avoid it becoming the latest in their list of talent show flops. I seriously don't see why they favor National Lottery: In It to Win It over this, a show they spent Ł25m on. You would think they would want to give it the best timeslot possibly available to ensure it gets lots of viewers, the 7.30-8 slot is traditionally the best timeslot yet they're still sticking it on every week at 6.30. It's just baffling.
Old 27-05-2012, 10:31 PM #56
oh fack off

Favourites (more):

oh fack off

Favourites (more):

Quote:
It hasn't been up against BGT for 2 weeks now and the ratings are still dismal. Some big changes are needed next series if they want to avoid it becoming the latest in their list of talent show flops. I seriously don't see why they favor National Lottery: In It to Win It over this, a show they spent Ł25m on. You would think they would want to give it the best timeslot possibly available to ensure it gets lots of viewers, the 7.30-8 slot is traditionally the best timeslot yet they're still sticking it on every week at 6.30. It's just baffling.
Oh I know, I just think it'd work better completely out of the way from BGT and without any of this 'battle' rubbish between the two. January to March for The Voice and then BGT can return to its regular April start.

With regards to the lottery, I think a lot of it is to do with Camelot and the amount of power they have when it comes to the scheduling of their lottery related shows, I'm sure there's something in the contract which allows them to dictate that sort of stuff to a point. I'm sure I read that somewhere before.

It definitely needs an 8pm slot though, and live results shows next year. There's no atmosphere whatsoever.
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 27-05-2012, 10:44 PM #57
Piertotum Locomotor

Favourites:

Piertotum Locomotor

Favourites:

Quote:
Oh I know, I just think it'd work better completely out of the way from BGT and without any of this 'battle' rubbish between the two. January to March for The Voice and then BGT can return to its regular April start.

With regards to the lottery, I think a lot of it is to do with Camelot and the amount of power they have when it comes to the scheduling of their lottery related shows, I'm sure there's something in the contract which allows them to dictate that sort of stuff to a point. I'm sure I read that somewhere before.

It definitely needs an 8pm slot though, and live results shows next year. There's no atmosphere whatsoever.
That would be better you're right, much less competition that part of the year. Although the X-Factor will have just finished so people might not want another singing show on so soon but the pros outweigh the cons for sure. I don't think In It to Win It airs at the beginning of the year either so hopefully that would allow The Voice a later timeslot.

Ah right, I thought it might do. It's just a pity they won't move that show to an earlier timeslot because I think that show could attract lots of viewers whatever time it airs unlike The Voice.

Agreed, having the results shows pre-recorded was a poor decision on the BBC's behalf. It works for Strictly because not that many people are interested in looking to see who goes but for The Voice it's clearly an issue considering the dire ratings for the results show. Lots of people already know the result prior to the show so don't bother watching, it needs to be live next year. Also I think it will help because people prefer live shows in general, the fact that things could go wrong and often they do because it's live creates a better atmosphere.
Old 27-05-2012, 11:18 PM #58
PAWS UP

PAWS UP

4.5 million is awful, the final will get 6 million tops because people just don't care.

Toxic is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-05-2012, 12:46 PM #59
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Poor ratings for such a costly series, I think a small part of it is the fact some of the better acts have been sent out too early by the coaches.
It seems like a massacre of the acts once the auditions were over.

Jack makes the valid points of timing above as to when it is actually on TV in the first place,I would like it to return in a slot he suggests as in January but I also agree with his 2nd point more in reference to a comment on Fame Academy and bringing that back.
That was a really good and successful series, it would be wiser to bring it back really.

Really big changes are needed to the live shows though for The Voice next year, leave it as it is now and it will not do well at all in future.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 28-05-2012, 06:26 PM #60
Piertotum Locomotor

Favourites:

Piertotum Locomotor

Favourites:

Glad to see they're planning big changes for the next series.

http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/news/i...&contentID=828
Old 28-05-2012, 07:21 PM #61
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Glad to see they're planning big changes for the next series.

http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/news/i...&contentID=828
Reading that it all seems encouraging,let's hope they do really get to work on the live shows particularly.

For me, also from chatting to others, it just seems too many acts have disappeared too quickly, maybe they could extend the weeks for the live shows eliminating acts a bit more slowly.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-06-2012, 12:30 AM #62

tom jones is miles and miles better than the other judges put together....he just cuts to the chase and he knows exactly what hes talking about....thats why his act won
rinkydinkpanther is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-06-2012, 12:31 AM #63

Quote:
Ah yeah I forgot to post this earlier.

Just dismal really, when you consider that some points this series were reaching 12m, 4.5 is just piss poor.

x2

Why they can't bring that back I don't know. It was like Big Brother meets X Factor...perfection.
the real reason the ratings fell is simple, HOLLY WILLOUGHBY ruined the show. she interrupted everything
Old 21-06-2012, 12:46 AM #64
Piertotum Locomotor

Favourites:

Piertotum Locomotor

Favourites:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinkydinkpanther View Post
the real reason the ratings fell is simple, HOLLY WILLOUGHBY ruined the show. she interrupted everything
She was hardly the only problem with the show, there were dozens of them.
Old 21-06-2012, 01:06 AM #65

EVERYONE loved the show until she started to front it, she interrupted the previously good chemistry between singers and judges, she over talked and stole crucial air time so not all judge got a chance to speak, she talked over the singers just to get her appalling pre prepared lines in...she is the single reason the voice failed. when she started demanding airtime and getting her way , everything else fell apart. before that the show was great with 10 million+ its no coincidence she married the producer of celebrity juice is it?

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
fall, low, ratings, the voice