Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

CBB10 Celebrity Big Brother 10 on Channel 5, shown August 2012 was won by Julian Clary. Discuss here.

Old 19-08-2012, 03:16 PM #1
User banned

User banned

Default julian-cold, uncommunicative, sly

yeah hes got a sharp tongue and can put people down ,so what?

beyond the surface what else is there to mr cleary?

his put downs seem obvious pre-prepared and over-used

he seems cold, sly, totally uncommunicative and hard work to be around

I know many people like that, they never ever ever open up, they just do and say the obvious thing to stay popular with the people they think can help them and their careers

His nomination was sooooo predictable as he played up to the women and to what he thinks the audience wants to see, i.e. him picking on the supposedly stupid yank

I think situation will be far more popular than cleary realises and cleary will no doubt fake some warmth to him when the situation survives a few weeks...pathetic

people will call the others stupid and julian clever because he can insult the so easily, insulting people, less intelligent people just for fun, is not something to be proud of

i think its a defence mechanism tbh and it can come across as negative and nasty, he just seems to have not developed his personality further and doesnt have the guts to open up and be real and natural like some others

Last edited by the truth; 19-08-2012 at 03:18 PM.
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-08-2012, 04:19 PM #2

If all he does is put downs it'll eventually get a bit irritating but he's probably thinking that's what the public want and what he needs to do to stay in.
It would be nice to see another side to him other than piss taking but I wouldn't say he's sly and uncommunicative. I think he's just being cautious and sussing out who he can trust to open up to.
Gizmo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-08-2012, 06:48 PM #3
Keyser Suze

Keyser Suze

You could say that about any of the housemates though? and many people in general. Peel away the layers and what's left.

I love Julian, a very witty man. Housemates ........ well it's all just down to personal preference really and which housemates we find entertaining, or irritable, or boring, etc;

"Live for today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come" - Author unknown

Last edited by Suze; 19-08-2012 at 06:55 PM.
Suze is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-08-2012, 06:52 PM #4
Keyser Suze

Keyser Suze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
If all he does is put downs it'll eventually get a bit irritating but he's probably thinking that's what the public want and what he needs to do to stay in.
It would be nice to see another side to him other than piss taking but I wouldn't say he's sly and uncommunicative. I think he's just being cautious and sussing out who he can trust to open up to.
Nope, I can't agree on that. Julian is very witty and entertaining, and will gel with only certain people because in my opinion he is very good at reading others straight off, and knows who he will get on best with, and no way will he play the BB game cautiously, that's just not Julian. What you see is what you get.

"Live for today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come" - Author unknown
Suze is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-08-2012, 06:53 PM #5
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

I really like Julian. He's so funny!
Old 19-08-2012, 07:42 PM #6
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze View Post
Nope, I can't agree on that. Julian is very witty and entertaining, and will gel with only certain people because in my opinion he is very good at reading others straight off, and knows who he will get on best with, and no way will he play the BB game cautiously, that's just not Julian. What you see is what you get.
prejudging people and making false assumptions usually based on bias and self interest....Ill bet you any money he continues exactly this way throughout and never reveals a warmer deeper side...itll just be cold cutting snide comments in favour of the people he thinks are popular....hes not nice enough to be truly funny because he doesnt lay himself open and he doesnt sisplay deeper characteristics like warmth sincerity etc
Old 19-08-2012, 09:59 PM #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
prejudging people and making false assumptions usually based on bias and self interest....Ill bet you any money he continues exactly this way throughout and never reveals a warmer deeper side...itll just be cold cutting snide comments in favour of the people he thinks are popular....hes not nice enough to be truly funny because he doesnt lay himself open and he doesnt sisplay deeper characteristics like warmth sincerity etc
Kind of like referring to a gay man as sly and uncommunicative despite never having met him and only seeing a few minutes of him a day?
Indy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-08-2012, 10:19 PM #8
User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

User banned

Favourites (more):
BB13: Luke A
BB12: Harry

Hes getting very little camera time, its all about the bimbos
chuff me dizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-08-2012, 10:44 PM #9
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze View Post
I agree with you, I like Julian,I also think he's doing okay in the house too.
joeysteele is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 19-08-2012, 11:43 PM #10
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy View Post
Kind of like referring to a gay man as sly and uncommunicative despite never having met him and only seeing a few minutes of him a day?
they go on there to be judged, I judge the show on who I want to keep in and kick out, this is my judgement so far. admittedly its purely a big brother judgement,the whole show forces people to make quick judgements. I dont know the man of course, but Ive seen him on tv for years and now up close and personal in bb. but based on what Ive seen this is my impression so far, Id love to be proved wrong
Old 22-08-2012, 11:59 PM #11
User banned

User banned

I think clearys pitiful nonimations tonight underline my original opinion of him....cold distant manipulative sly shallow anti american self serving and pretty nasty

his nom of the prince was hes too dull? is that it?

his nom of the situation was the bog standard arrogant english anti american, he doesnt get my humour, hes stupid, hes sexist and his body disgusts me?

wow nice.

clearys descriptions and analysis of people are all superficial and shallow, martin chews with his mouth open, cheryl talks too much, prince is too nice etc too american more like

cleary insulted the situation the second he walked through the doors. the situation , mike, has done nothing to him whatsoever, hes laughed at his mean jokes, hes chatted, shared his experiences, waste of time, cleary is the most narrow minded hm ever, he asks not to be prejudged yet he does it more than anyone

hes playing to the anti american british audience , who I hope will not fall for this one dimensional man....unless he opens up and actually gets to know housemates genuinely and actually shows us something other than shallow spiteful sarcas masquerading as supposed humour, then he deserves to be gone
Old 23-08-2012, 12:14 AM #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
I think clearys pitiful nonimations tonight underline my original opinion of him....cold distant manipulative sly shallow anti american self serving and pretty nasty

his nom of the prince was hes too dull? is that it?

his nom of the situation was the bog standard arrogant english anti american, he doesnt get my humour, hes stupid, hes sexist and his body disgusts me?

wow nice.

clearys descriptions and analysis of people are all superficial and shallow, martin chews with his mouth open, cheryl talks too much, prince is too nice etc too american more like

cleary insulted the situation the second he walked through the doors. the situation , mike, has done nothing to him whatsoever, hes laughed at his mean jokes, hes chatted, shared his experiences, waste of time, cleary is the most narrow minded hm ever, he asks not to be prejudged yet he does it more than anyone

hes playing to the anti american british audience , who I hope will not fall for this one dimensional man....unless he opens up and actually gets to know housemates genuinely and actually shows us something other than shallow spiteful sarcas masquerading as supposed humour, then he deserves to be gone

Couldn't have put it better myself. Agree 100%. Tonight just proved again what I previously suspected.
Old 23-08-2012, 12:37 AM #13

I think Julian is jealous of the stich and tries to put him down,whatever millions stich has got,he is laughing all the way to the bank,I sometimes think actors have a hard time excepting reality stars,they feel they have taken work away from them and don't look on them as having a craft,I thought Julian and Julie were very rude about the Americans,their reasons were pathetic to say the least,BB should not have let them get away with nonsense like because he lived in a hotel,the next clip we see the Prince washing up dishes and moving used glasses from the bed room,Julian feels he doesn't behave like a Prince,I wonder what he will say when he hears about Harry showing the crown jewels in Las Vegas....I feel Julian is very full of his own self importance.. ...
dyfed is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2012, 12:40 AM #14
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyfed View Post
I think Julian is jealous of the stich and tries to put him down,whatever millions stich has got,he is laughing all the way to the bank,I sometimes think actors have a hard time excepting reality stars,they feel they have taken work away from them and don't look on them as having a craft,I thought Julian and Julie were very rude about the Americans,their reasons were pathetic to say the least,BB should not have let them get away with nonsense like because he lived in a hotel,the next clip we see the Prince washing up dishes and moving used glasses from the bed room,Julian feels he doesn't behave like a Prince,I wonder what he will say when he hears about Harry showing the crown jewels in Las Vegas....I feel Julian is very full of his own self importance.. ...
I agree 100% having watched the nominations live it gives you a far far better impression of who is shallow and who is not

julie and julians noinations were embarassing, especially when nominating the americans.....bb in fairness demanding proper explanations which neither could provide....reducing the unfunny cleary to say he hated mikes body and his stomach looked disgusting etc what a horrible man cleary is proving to be

compare julie and colleen and julians nominations, all pretty patheitc with martin kemp

his nominations wre legitiate, well thought out and fair
big brother didnt need to ask him twice, his explanation for colleen was very good, she kept slagging off samantha for her article and martin tried to explain the the role of these writers is to start a debate and in effect play devils advocate. colleen was too dumb and ignorant to see that and kept banging on for days how much she hates samanatha because of 1 article

martin kemp is a class act

Last edited by the truth; 23-08-2012 at 12:43 AM.
Old 23-08-2012, 12:54 AM #15
Lee.

Favourites:
UBB: Brian

Lee.

Favourites:

I've not seen tonights show yet, but I have to say that so far I'm disappointed with Julian. I thought he'd be witty, sarcastic, fun and cheeky; instead I have found him to be dull, solemn and disinterested in everybody around him. He dies not look like he's enjoying himself whatsoever!
Old 23-08-2012, 01:04 AM #16

Already fed up with Julian. He may be witty but he's nasty, condescending and shows a lack of class when he does the "let's laugh at the American cos we're British" crap so as to get the public on-side. His double-entendres are tired. We all get it, he's gay. So are a lot of other people. and thus his niche is no longer a lucrative one and he is bitter as sin. "The White Swallow" gag may have been edgy in the 80s when people were ignorant/prejudiced/sheltered enough to be shocked, but it fell flat on its face because he has not moved with the times and is left watching bitterly from the sidelines as Reality TV makes his career a distant memory, hence the bitterness towards an otherwise harmless Mike. A lot of people love him still, which is fair enough, but there's a difference between being ripped apart verbally by a comedian at a show you've intentionally paid to watch, and repeatedly being insulted by a bitter man in crap make-up when you're trying to have your Frosties in the morning.
optimisticcynic is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2012, 01:06 AM #17
Lee.

Favourites:

Lee.

Favourites:

Yeah, and his double-entendres suck!
Old 23-08-2012, 01:08 AM #18
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimisticcynic View Post
Already fed up with Julian. He may be witty but he's nasty, condescending and shows a lack of class when he does the "let's laugh at the American cos we're British" crap so as to get the public on-side. His double-entendres are tired. We all get it, he's gay. So are a lot of other people. and thus his niche is no longer a lucrative one and he is bitter as sin. "The White Swallow" gag may have been edgy in the 80s when people were ignorant/prejudiced/sheltered enough to be shocked, but it fell flat on its face because he has not moved with the times and is left watching bitterly from the sidelines as Reality TV makes his career a distant memory, hence the bitterness towards an otherwise harmless Mike. A lot of people love him still, which is fair enough, but there's a difference between being ripped apart verbally by a comedian at a show you've intentionally paid to watch, and repeatedly being insulted by a bitter man in crap make-up when you're trying to have your Frosties in the morning.
what a fantastic post Honest accurate funny and insightful, bravo!
Old 23-08-2012, 01:10 AM #19

Can you imagine Julian's face if he goes before the Americans...
dyfed is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2012, 01:11 AM #20
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee. View Post
Yeah, and his double-entendres suck!
youd have thought the only thing his one trick pony double entendre act would be effective at, was in carry on movies, but his carry on movie was the worst one ever and killed the franchise

he wanted to be kenneth williams or frankie howard, the crucial difference was, they were funny
Old 23-08-2012, 01:13 AM #21
Lee.

Favourites:

Lee.

Favourites:

He did a carry on movie? I did not know that.

Ive never found them funny either tbh
Old 23-08-2012, 01:14 AM #22
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyfed View Post
Can you imagine Julian's face if he goes before the Americans...
oh heavenly bliss
Old 23-08-2012, 01:18 AM #23
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee. View Post
He did a carry on movie? I did not know that.

Ive never found them funny either tbh
carry on columbus...it got a 2.5 rating across all of the internet movie database.....very generous imho

some of the old ones like carry on camping were pretty funny imho...just harmless bawdy comedy. but clary has too much spite in him to be funny, the great funny men are outspoken but are not petty spiteful, laurel and hardy, harolyd lloyd, jerry lewis, richard pryor, billy connolly, bill hicks, chris rock , etc
Old 23-08-2012, 01:18 AM #24

Too kind, Truth!
optimisticcynic is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 23-08-2012, 03:00 AM #25

Favourites (more):
BB14: Gina
CBB 10: Mike ‘The Situation’

Favourites (more):
BB14: Gina
CBB 10: Mike ‘The Situation’

I don't like him at all, he seems so against Mike and ironically Mike is nice to him, he's just really unpleasant and doesn't add anything to the house.
vortex is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
juliancold, sly, uncommunicative