Home Menu

Site Navigation

Notices

Serious Debates & News Debate and discussion about political, moral, philosophical, celebrity and news topics.

Old 10-09-2012, 04:17 PM #26
oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

oh fack off

Favourites (more):
Survivor 40: Tony
IAC2019: Ian Wright

Not entirely sure of the legislation but one of my teacher's told us today of how there's a new law or something which allows for them to be sacked within a month, and that our new head teacher has told all staff that if a student is caught with a phone in a classroom and the teacher hasn't done anything about it, she'll have them sacked.
Jack_ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:20 PM #27
0_o

0_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_ View Post
Not entirely sure of the legislation but one of my teacher's told us today of how there's a new law or something which allows for them to be sacked within a month, and that our new head teacher has told all staff that if a student is caught with a phone in a classroom and the teacher hasn't done anything about it, she'll have them sacked.
First example of abuse of the system :S

What the hell does the head expect...teachers to strip search their pupils before allowing them to enter the classroom

Unless the teacher was trying to scare y'all into listening to them regarding mobile phones
but now not into takeaways anymore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niamh. View Post
Did you get them delivered from Wuhan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Soldier View Post
I would just like to take a second to congratulate Vicky, for creating the first Tibb post that needed chapters and a bibliography.

Last edited by Vicky.; 10-09-2012 at 04:20 PM.
Vicky. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 07:55 PM #28
Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Jessica Meuse was robbed.

Favourites (more):
BBCanada 9: Rohan
Strictly 2020: Bill Bailey

Lol this party is cracking me up for all the wrong reasons, im waiting for them to start rigging the Election results next.

KRO!
Mystic Mock is online now   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:11 PM #29
Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

Remembering Kerry

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Jordan
Strictly 2020: HRVY

I agree with making it easier to get rid of people employed who are causing problems for others in the workplace and who also don't pull their weight too.

The legislation needs to be designed however so that it is those cases that it is used for only.
From what I have read of this plan,I don't see enough safeguards to ensure that is the case.

It would seem to me to be another hastily put together plan from a suggestion by those of influence that may yet rebound on this Coalition.
As with welfare and benefit reform, the Nation does overall support looking at the benefits system but the action taken to reform or deal with it needs to be right as with this employment measure, I don't think the Govt has gone about all these things in the best and fairly planned way sadly.

My problem with this Coalition is that it does first and thinks,(usually being made to), much later,often after damage and distress has been caused already.
This Coaliton is now a near disaster,it is nowhere near on target as to its deficit reduction plan, it is doing costly reforms all over the place that should have waited until more secure times.
This new employment rule is likely to become another mess as it gets implemented.

Last edited by joeysteele; 11-09-2012 at 11:08 AM.
joeysteele is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:26 AM #30
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
why should 1 individual take on board all of that expense and risk? especially when theres so many bad ,lazy unreliable workers, often drink addicted too>?
have you ever employed anyone? try it, you have to pay for everything, stamp, insurance, sick pay, products, repairs, salaries, overheads, rent, advertising, tax, fuel, etc etc thats before you even start to make any profit to pay yourself and feed your children

many people are self employed and work for companies. this makes them free agents to work in several jobs if they so wish. why should 1 individual trying to start a business take on board every single piece of risk to get started? isnt that individual also entitled to some time with his or her family too?
I haven't no, but if I did I would firstly check the personal/career references and vet my staff via interview..
Hopefully this would weed out the drunks?
In my mind if you are an employer the onus is on you to provide a contract of employment to safeguard said employee and yourself.
What this contract contains is up to yourself and is agreed upon by your staff before signing.

I don't know where you get the idea I was suggesting that as an employer you wouldn't get time with family?..
Bottom line is it is unworkable, to have casual workers register as self employed, how would they pay tax? 4 jobs, with 4 salaries, over 4 differing timescales?

The fact of the matter is any employer knows now they have the unemployed by the short and curlies!
they need you more than you need them, and so wages have been driven down in all sectors as supply exceeds demand.
If you think this is good for bosses bank balances you would be right, if you think it is good for society and the country as a whole you would be very very wrong.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:41 AM #31
User banned

User banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kizzy View Post
I haven't no, but if I did I would firstly check the personal/career references and vet my staff via interview..
Hopefully this would weed out the drunks?
In my mind if you are an employer the onus is on you to provide a contract of employment to safeguard said employee and yourself.
What this contract contains is up to yourself and is agreed upon by your staff before signing.

I don't know where you get the idea I was suggesting that as an employer you wouldn't get time with family?..
Bottom line is it is unworkable, to have casual workers register as self employed, how would they pay tax? 4 jobs, with 4 salaries, over 4 differing timescales?

The fact of the matter is any employer knows now they have the unemployed by the short and curlies!
they need you more than you need them, and so wages have been driven down in all sectors as supply exceeds demand.
If you think this is good for bosses bank balances you would be right, if you think it is good for society and the country as a whole you would be very very wrong.

No this is not the reality. There are vast numbers of unreliable people with poor work ethics and major drink and drugs issues. When a worker lets down his employer, that employer can lose a 5 year contract in one day? That means he is losing tens of thousands of pounds of income on the back of one unreliable , lazy sometimes dishonest worker, who has decided he has something better to do that day.

Business doesnt have any sympathy. if a company needs £2 million of cargo delivered and it doesnt get there on time. they cancel, they sue for damages and they dont use that company again. the entrepreneur/the boss is left footing the bills, the compensation claims, the insurance, the wages, the lost contracts and the massive overdrafts?

you can vet as much as you like and yes of course vetting is crucial I agree. But people dont exist on paper, they exist in reality. in a nation of binge drinkers, the work ethic and consistent reliable behaviour falls and this has enormous impact on business and business bosses. the attitude thats built in recent years is to hate rich people. but theres a massive difference between a multi millionaire overpaid footballer and a person trying to start his/her own business to create wealth and jobs. people who start businesses should get massive support. sadly they get nothing , no support whatsoever, then if people think they are successful , they get jealousy and workers trying to rip them off and take advantage. very few understand or even begin to empathise with the pressure of an entrepreneur starting a business in this country
the truth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:32 PM #32
Likes cars that go boom

Likes cars that go boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth View Post
No this is not the reality. There are vast numbers of unreliable people with poor work ethics and major drink and drugs issues. When a worker lets down his employer, that employer can lose a 5 year contract in one day? That means he is losing tens of thousands of pounds of income on the back of one unreliable , lazy sometimes dishonest worker, who has decided he has something better to do that day.

Business doesnt have any sympathy. if a company needs £2 million of cargo delivered and it doesnt get there on time. they cancel, they sue for damages and they dont use that company again. the entrepreneur/the boss is left footing the bills, the compensation claims, the insurance, the wages, the lost contracts and the massive overdrafts?

you can vet as much as you like and yes of course vetting is crucial I agree. But people dont exist on paper, they exist in reality. in a nation of binge drinkers, the work ethic and consistent reliable behaviour falls and this has enormous impact on business and business bosses. the attitude thats built in recent years is to hate rich people. but theres a massive difference between a multi millionaire overpaid footballer and a person trying to start his/her own business to create wealth and jobs. people who start businesses should get massive support. sadly they get nothing , no support whatsoever, then if people think they are successful , they get jealousy and workers trying to rip them off and take advantage. very few understand or even begin to empathise with the pressure of an entrepreneur starting a business in this country
Again you have lost me in a maze of bizarre hypotheticals...
What about the 1000's of employees that go above and beyond for the companies they work for?...Working unpaid overtime, working on days off, bending over backwards to get orders filled....What of those?

Where you have got this idea the the rich are hated is beyond me too, people who make money by exploiting vulnerable people for example wonga.com charging 4000% interest for unsecured loans to the poorest members of society that is loathsome and morally corrupt.
But the chairman writes employment policies and donates to the conservative party so its ok.

I am well aware there is a difference between a millionaire businessman and a footballer...Why you threw that in the mix is beyond me.
People usually only react badly to employers if they feel they are being exploited, undervalued, overworked, discriminated against or pressured, it works both ways if you want your workforce to respect you you must respect them.

I can empathise with entrepreneurs in this country, I can also empathise with the millions of decent, honest, hardworking unemployed people crying out for a full time permanant job with a living wage to support their families!

Last edited by Kizzy; 11-09-2012 at 06:32 PM.
Kizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
easier, firing, made, people