Notices

TiBB Does The Apprentice Forum-based 'The Apprentice' game.

Old 20-11-2012, 12:55 PM #1
IntoxiKated

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Henry
Strictly 2020: Maisie Smith

IntoxiKated

Favourites (more):

Default TiBB does The Apprentice 3 : Interviews Up: See Post 5

TiBB does The Apprentice 3

The Interview

What do you think you have learned about yourself from this process?

Which task would you say you performed most strongly on. Please explain why?

Name a time where you had to give something up for the good of your future

Tell us any time you have had an obstacle in your way and how you've overcome it.

Name 3 traits that you make you individual from the other candidates.

This job aside, would you prefer working for yourself for a lower income, but with more control or working for a large company for a higher income with little input?

What is the most important life lesson to you?

What do you think are the 3 key aspects of a successful business?

You are the owner of a Traditional Mince Pie business with business booming in the Winter months. However, it's Summertime and business is running very dry. What can you do to make the business relevant for the Summer season without losing your traditional roots?

Final Plea time. Why should you be hired?

------------------------------------------

Please submit your interviews by midnight tonight at the very latest.

Taking part in Strictly Jake's Tibb does Strictly Game.

Last edited by Kate!; 21-11-2012 at 02:01 PM.
Kate! is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-11-2012, 12:58 PM #2
El Cockroach

Favourites (more):
BBUSA25: Cory
BBCanada 9: Rohan

El Cockroach

Favourites (more):
BBUSA25: Cory
BBCanada 9: Rohan

Will do this later on if that is okay

Last edited by DrunkerThanMoses; 20-11-2012 at 12:58 PM.
DrunkerThanMoses is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 20-11-2012, 01:02 PM #3
IntoxiKated

Favourites (more):

IntoxiKated

Favourites (more):

so long as it's in by task deadline that is fine Jon 6pm tomorrow.

Edit: had second thoughts, I am going to need your interviews so the judges can see them all before decision, so midnight tonight at the latest please. Will amend the OP.

Last edited by Kate!; 20-11-2012 at 01:09 PM.
Old 20-11-2012, 04:32 PM #4
IntoxiKated

Favourites (more):

IntoxiKated

Favourites (more):

Bumping this as reminder

Last edited by Kate!; 20-11-2012 at 04:33 PM.
Old 21-11-2012, 01:59 PM #5
IntoxiKated

Favourites (more):

IntoxiKated

Favourites (more):

The Interviews

DrunkerThanMoses

Spoiler:

Learnt I can work with-in a team of people who I don’t know well enough or have never spoken to on the forum. Also found out I am a very patient person because if we had a task and I was waiting for someone to post a part of that task I never got angry or upset if they took their time to post it; I always tried to encourage them and ask if they needed help with the situation nicely.

I would say the TiBB Shopping Channel task. I designed the catalogue and added up the total we spent on the task, and I sold the most on my team. Basically spent the whole day trying to sell and keep up with what we spent; so I would say that task.

Probably getting rid of my childhood toys to go from being a child to a young adult.

Tell us any time you have had an obstacle in your way and how you've overcome it.

I think off my biggest obstacles I faced was when I was 11 I moved places so lost contact with my childhood friends who I lived with and had to go to a different high school from everyone I went to primary school with. I was nervous not knowing anyone but I got to know people, and although 90% of my year was chavs I managed to find people who would become my best friends and girlfriend (ex now), who I am still friends with today.

Name 3 traits that make you individual from the other candidates.

Dedication to working; I never give up on a challenge that is giving to me. I am also very Focused and take the tasks seriously and make sure I complete them to the best of my ability, and I am also driven to succeed and bring in the big money for the company. So my three traits are Dedication, Focusses and my driven sense to succeed.

This job aside, would you prefer working for yourself for a lower income, but with more control or working for a large company for a higher income with little input?

I would prefer working for myself and having more control and direction over the company then working for a large company and having little input. I could do my own timetable on when I want to work

For me the most important life lesson is “Be grateful for this moment, it is all there is”.

Communication, Respect and Determination for me are the three key aspects to build a successful business. I think you need great communication with-in a team, if a business is too busy arguing and not working together they will fail. Respect also needs to be an aspect for a successful business, if a worker has no respect from their co-workers it brings a negative atmosphere to the business which could result in an unsuccessful business. Determination is also a big part of achieving a successful business.

You are the owner of a Traditional Mince Pie business with business booming in the Winter months. However, it's Summertime and business is running very dry. What can you do to make the business relevant for the Summer season without losing your traditional roots?

Big supermarkets like Asda and Tesco are now selling Mince Pies in the summer time so maybe sell some stock to them, or make them special like relate them to Wimbledon and have strawberries and creams with a Mince Pie

I think I showed in every task I was a hard worker and done a great deal for the team. In task one I got the most songs for our team. In task two I came up with the idea of the app games which was one of the reasons my team won. In task three I kept a check on our budget to make sure we did not spend over our budget. In task four I was very active in coming up with the game, and although we lost that challenge I showed I was active and determined to do well for my team. I won immunity for task 5, creating the PA article, and I think I contributed a lot for task 6; creating the catalogue, selling the most and keeping tab of the budget. I was not that active for the next task, but it was my idea for the gay characters in the group which was the basis for our task. In the final task I worked hard and kept tab on what days had to be done, I also helped Vanessa out in the end that had trouble due to a broken Laptop.

In conclusion I think I should be hired because as seen I have been active for every task, and contributed a lot to each of them. I have helped people if they had problems, and showed I am creative and a hard worker and a sales person. Thank You – Moses

--------------

ukturtle

Spoiler:

The Interview

I've learnt that I can work alongside those that don't care or put in as much effort into things with great patience and that I can also work alongside those those that don't always grasp things straightaway.

Hmm, between the first task (music one) and the game task. I'll go with the game task though as I tried to leave it a day for the rest of the team to generate some ideas but after nearly 24 hours nobody had done an awful lot, so I took charge and pretty much designed the whole game, layout, tasks and rules by myself. Not only that, it led my team to victory by a landslide vote. I dread to think what would have happened had I not stepped in.

In the game; While I was away for the weekend I still tried hard to get online to help my team for the Charity event, given I was on later then most I still manged to input a lot more than many others from my team including designing the programme for the event.

In real life; I gave up a relationship to go travelling as it was what I needed to do. Not going into too much more detail about that.

I'm not sure if you mean real life or the game?

Well losing my father and two brothers when I was younger was always going to be a big obstacle in my life as I had to help my mother raise my two sisters. It was hard for my family but I still came out strong and it made me a much more determined person and I always achieve what I want from my life.

* My ability to put aside my competitivness for me to win, in order to help my team mates to gain a team win.

* My creative ideas that are not inside the box.

* My ability to draw people together and get the best out of them, even if they doubt themselves.

I'd prefer a job where I'm listened to and my ideas are put to good use as I know I have some great ideas, so if that meant an initial low income, so be it. We all have to start at the bottom and work our way up.

Do what you need to do to make yourself feel alive, forget everyone else. We get one chance in this world, make a difference and stand out, don't get lost amongst the masses.

Organisation, determination and the ability to pick yourself back up if something fails.

Make the pies summer pies. Maybe venture down the root of Ice cream and fruit pies or maybe sorbet pies (don't know how well they would work, but worth a try). Could promote them at festivals, food festivals etc to keep our business name out there and current.

I should be hired because throughout this I have been a strong team player from the very first task. I have input so many ideas into everytask, even when I was away on holiday I still managed to find time to come online and help my team mates.

Since the start I feel like I have had to fight to remain in the game as Leon made me favourite to win, and usually that would make me a target for tactics. The fact I was so helpful in my team and helped some of the players who were not as clear of the task outline or with things they could not do, also shows why I am still here. I only recieved two nominations in this game, and faced the board room only once with just one nomination, which again reflects that I have done well in this.

Even when certain members of the other team were mocking our ideas for the game task, I still kept my cool and praised efforts from both sides.

Also my ability to put forward and carry out my creative ideas has shown, even when I'm not strong in certain areas, I've still stepped up to the mark and stood outside my comfort zone.

I also believe I led my team and carried my team several times, and on those occasions led us to victory.

I'd be the perfect apprentice for Lord Shugrr and have so many great ideas and business ventures we could achieve together, so I hope he decides to choose me.

I thank you all for your time.

---------------------------

Jamie585

Spoiler:

During this process I have learnt so much about myself. I have learnt to work well with others and individually. Mainly I have learnt to believe in myself. When I signed up I thought I would be one of the first to be fired, as I’m not very well known on here, But I worked incredibly hard, I even surprised myself at how hard I actually worked on every task, So if I’ve learnt anything, It’s that I should never give up and always believe I can do it, because it’s got me this far and will hopefully secure my place as the winner.

Which task would you say you performed most strongly on Please explain why?

There are two Tasks I think I performed best in, they Are the Mascot one and Corporate Hospitality. I think I performed well in the Mascot task because I took on the role of project manager, and played the key role throughout the whole task, I created our mascot, Came up with nearly all the ideas and put it all together. The Corporate Hospitality task was also a task that stood out for me, I feel I came up with a lot of the ideas in that task and had the most input out of everybody. Also I found the Hotel that Sir ShuGrrr would have stayed in and that is what won the task for us. Overall, I think my best task was Corporate Hospitality, purely because I was the reason we won.

Last year, when I was taking my GCSE’s I was doing well, but not as well as I should have been doing. I was predicted an A* in Art and I was working at a B, what was going wrong? I was spending too much time learning to play the guitar. Art Is what I want to go into for my future, so it’s pretty important to me. I had been learning to play the guitar for a year and was finally getting good, but I had to make a decision whether to stick at it. I ended up giving to up so I could focus more on getting the grades I need for university. In the end I came out with an A*. So I gave up something I really enjoyed so I could get the grades I needed and give myself a better chance of an art career. Not the best life experience, but I’m only 16. So I will have many obstacles to overcome in the future.

Tell us any time you have had an obstacle in your way and how you've overcome it

I haven’t had much life experience yet, as I’m only 16, but that shows that I must be up to a very high standard already, as I’ve made the final. There was this one time where I Was with the wrong crowd of people and it was affecting my performance at school. So I came over that obstacle by telling them I needed to focus on school, and I haven’t spoken to them since, and My school work went to a much higher standard.

My main trait that makes me stand out is that I am only 16; compared to the other finalists I am A lot younger. I have had to attend college as well as completing all tasks to a high standard; the other finalists didn’t have to deal with this. I have not let this get in my way though, as I have spent time at college completing tasks and have even come home early just to put in extra time. Another trait I have is that I am a very good designer. I like to design everything to the highest standard to make it stand out, and be better than any other designs. I feel I have the strongest designer skills, which is a very important trait when going into business with someone. This also reflects on my creativity, which I feel I have the most of out of all the candidates, which again, is one of the main features you will need when going into business.

I would much prefer working for myself for a lower income, because I like to be in control of things so I know it’s running smoothly. I also like being in charge so I know how everything is panning out the way that I want it to, And that it’s done to the best possible standard. I think enjoying your business and getting the best possible results will be much more satisfying that your income.

My most important life lesson is that you only have one chance at life, so you always have to grab every opportunity with both hands, because you don’t want to have regrets when you’re older. Therefore, I say to always go for something even if you’re not sure about it, you don’t want to spend the rest of your life wishing you had.

The first key aspect of a successful business is to be confident. You need confidence in almost every aspect of a business, from leading pitches, to getting market research from the public, and selling your products. Confidence is a key aspect that you will need to have if wanting to be a successful businessman. Another key aspect of a successful business is to be realistic. It is critical for businesses to deal in reality: Planning on unrealistic growth may be the primary killer of young companies which set up, pay for, and crumble under massive success scenarios. Businesses should continually evaluate its processes to support a user-friendly environment that improves customer and employee satisfaction. One of the most important aspects of running any type of business is to know whom your market is. You can’t be all things to all people. Contrary to what some would like to believe, not everyone is his or her market. There is a very astute saying in marketing, “If everyone is your market, then no one is your market." The clearer you are on whom you are targeting the easier it will be to focus your efforts on reaching those individuals and/or companies.

I would Change the shapes that are on the mince pies, to make them more relevant to summer. So, you could have shapes of sunglasses, Sun hats, Sun beds, Cocktails, the list is endless of things to make them more relevant to summer. I would also add in some more fruits into the Mince pies, to give it more of a summer taste, like orange or strawberry. That Gives it more of a refreshing taste and will relate more to summer time.

I should be hired because I know I’ve put 100% into everything; I’ve even done work at college and came home early just to get the work done. I have taken on key roles in every task and never taken a backseat, I’ve always contributed the most in the tasks and came up with a lot of winning ideas. I have shown of many of my skills, I have had a large contribution in writing the pitches in every task, I have shown of my designer/graphic skills especially in the task ‘countdown to Christmas’, where I feel I made the best doors, and were up to a very high standard, as I dedicated a whole day towards them. Finally, I have shown that I can work equally as well when I’m in a team or as an individual. Taking everything into account, I think I would be the best candidate to hire, as I have put in the most effort out of all candidates and have been fully dedicated to this. Thank you for giving me this opportunity and I hope you pick me as your winner.

Old 21-11-2012, 02:34 PM #6

wow, Mines Massive
Jamie585 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-11-2012, 02:52 PM #7
IntoxiKated

Favourites (more):

IntoxiKated

Favourites (more):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie585 View Post
wow, Mines Massive

Old 21-11-2012, 03:04 PM #8
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Yinrun
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Favourites (more):
RPDR UK 2: Tayce

Well-thought out answers everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saph View Post
You're giving me a million reasons about a million reasons

Shaun is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
Old 21-11-2012, 03:25 PM #9
The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

The Italian Job

Favourites (more):
CBB18: Christopher Biggins

Those who can't grasp the task straightaway. That sounds like me!
Old 21-11-2012, 04:39 PM #10
ZakJam <3~

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Zak
BBCanada 9: Victoria

ZakJam <3~

Favourites (more):
BB2023: Zak
BBCanada 9: Victoria

Just wanna say now all three of you have been absolutely phenomenal during this entire process and choosing between you was very, very, very difficult. Whether you are the winner of the game or not, don't feel discouraged, because you've all shown great work ethic and creativity and clearly have excellent futures ahead.
LemonJam is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Bookmark/share this topic

Tags
apprentice, interview, tibb